By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me or is the 360 low on exclusives in 2011 vs the PS3?

CGI-Quality said:
Torillian said:
CGI-Quality said:

I still doubt All 4 One, Uncharted 3, and Resistance 3 will make it out next year, unless one of them isn't set for the holidays. I think one will be pushed to early 2012 and I'm guessing it'll be Resistance 3, since All 4 One seems further along.

I dunno dude, Uncharted 3 hasn't been announced at all so if any of those three is 2012 I have to assume it's Uncharted 3.

Perhaps, but remember Uncharted 2 was announced just 10 months before it was released. I could see a similar situation with the 3rd.

they already confirmed R3 for next year right?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Insomniac confirmed R3 for 2011. I'd bet on Uncharted 3, Starhawk & Versus being early 2012 releases.

Isn't the 360 always low on exclusives ever year compared to the PS3?  What's it got this year? AW, CRACK2, MASS EFFECT 2 (timed), SC: C,  Reach, Fable 3... and let's not count Kinect or Move for this comparison.

PS3 on the other hand: God of War 3, MAG, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5, Litte Big Planet 2, MLB The Show 10, ModNation Racers, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Yakuza 3, Last Rebellion, White Knight Chronicles, DC Universe Online, Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland, EyePet (USA),  ...

Did I miss something? 'cause that's 14 PS3 games  vs. 6 Xbox 360 games (counting a timed exclusive ME2).

Really, nothing surprising to see the 360 getting beat to a pulp exclusive-wise.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

It seems like that's the case almost every year (Although 360 usually has 2 or 3 games to list).   I'm sure the 360 will pickup some games as the year goes on so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

....But this is something that I have felt for several years now will really cripple the 360.  They just don't have enough first party studio's. I've felt for this entire generation they are relying primarily on

(Gears sequel/Halo IP game/ Forza sequel / Fable / Third Party Exclusive). 

This lack of first party studios becomes even more astounding when you think about the Kinect.  They better pray that Kinect garners a ton of third party support, otherwise they are going to have a hard time pushing a concept that's never really been done before and proving that it works and works well.

What happens when what happened to Sony (Losing almost all third party exclusivity) happens to Microsoft?   I mean we're already seeing Bioshock/Mass Effect/Portal/etc big time games jump ship over to Sony.   I think Sony will clearly out produce MS in this regard because they have the ability to pump out several IPs per year with their sheer amount of First Party.

I guess to sum it up,  MS is notorious a 'last minute' surprise type of company (Especially this early in the year)  where as Sony announces their games  5 years before they hit the market (See GT5 :P)....So there is some time for MS to announce a beefier lineup, but overall I think we will start to see this more and more and tilt in favor of the PS3.  (Especially if we've seen the last Halo / Gears ) this generation.

heheheheheh yea yea so true man...like Alan wake which was done in 3 months....oh no wait

anywho yea its true..by this time last year we knew of Reach didn't we? and Fable? Splinter cell? Crackdown2? I know MS fans would like to this MS is huge on surprised but E3 is done...GC is done...and we do not know more than 2 games that's for next year....also it's not like Sony doesn't keep surprises either...LBP2 was announced and such this year and they have a huge line up of possible exclusives that can be announced at next E3 too..like UC3

so yeah imho it's not looking too good for 360 fans.....even some of my most hardcore 360 fans are annoyed by this

oh and btw...you missed Forza Kinect..

Alan Wake was announced by Remedy, not Microsoft. I do find it funny, however, that most of the people worrying about exclusives the 360 has every year, are mainly in the PS3 camp. I, on the other hand, don't give a flying fig about whether games are exclusive or not. I'll enjoy Gears of War 3 and all the great third party stuff the 360 gets next year like Dragon Age II, Rage, and Mortal Kombat.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Let's not talk about it.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

It seems like that's the case almost every year (Although 360 usually has 2 or 3 games to list).   I'm sure the 360 will pickup some games as the year goes on so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

....But this is something that I have felt for several years now will really cripple the 360.  They just don't have enough first party studio's. I've felt for this entire generation they are relying primarily on

This lack of first party studios becomes even more astounding when you think about the Kinect.  They better pray that Kinect garners a ton of third party support, otherwise they are going to have a hard time pushing a concept that's never really been done before and proving that it works and works well.

What happens when what happened to Sony (Losing almost all third party exclusivity) happens to Microsoft?   I mean we're already seeing Bioshock/Mass Effect/Portal/etc big time games jump ship over to Sony.   I think Sony will clearly out produce MS in this regard because they have the ability to pump out several IPs per year with their sheer amount of First Party.

I guess to sum it up,  MS is notorious a 'last minute' surprise type of company (Especially this early in the year)  where as Sony announces their games  5 years before they hit the market (See GT5 :P)....So there is some time for MS to announce a beefier lineup, but overall I think we will start to see this more and more and tilt in favor of the PS3.  (Especially if we've seen the last Halo / Gears ) this generation.

heheheheheh yea yea so true man...like Alan wake which was done in 3 months....oh no wait

anywho yea its true..by this time last year we knew of Reach didn't we? and Fable? Splinter cell? Crackdown2? I know MS fans would like to this MS is huge on surprised but E3 is done...GC is done...and we do not know more than 2 games that's for next year....also it's not like Sony doesn't keep surprises either...LBP2 was announced and such this year and they have a huge line up of possible exclusives that can be announced at next E3 too..like UC3

so yeah imho it's not looking too good for 360 fans.....even some of my most hardcore 360 fans are annoyed by this

Alan Wake was announced by Remedy, not Microsoft. I do find it funny, however, that most of the people worrying about exclusives the 360 has every year, are mainly in the PS3 camp. I, on the other hand, don't give a flying fig about whether games are exclusive or not. I'll enjoy Gears of War 3 and all the great third party stuff the 360 gets next year like Dragon Age II, Rage, and Mortal Kombat.

Most? where do you get this from?  a lot of them are 360 owners too...

Thats not "worry" from the ps3 camp ether.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

zaMy said:

isnt mass effect 3 rumored for 2011? or maybe it was 2012.. anyways there will most likely be a new left4dead

No more exclusivity for Mass Effect. Now that Portal is on the PS3 I don't think Left 4 Dead has much chance of exclusivity on the 360 either.

themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

yep cuz obviously the people making threads about how MS should listen to them and buy 1st party studios or how they feel MS is dropping the ball by focusing too much on kinect etc are ps3 fans right? :P yea sure, it really is funny

and yea PS3 will also enjoy many many...or rather almost all the good 3rd party exclusives but with also added bonuses like DS:extraction or Portal 2 with Steamworks added to them ;)

as for AW, who cares who announced it...it's an exclusive for the MS

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Attoyou said:
themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

Most? where do you get this from?  a lot of them are 360 owners too...

Thats not "worry" from the ps3 camp.

Most of them are people that prefer the PS3. Like people that only play exclusive titles on the 360 or don't even have one? That doesn't stop the fact that the X360 has a nice lineup next year, just because they're almost all third party games.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

well we know so far  codename kingdoms crytek 360 exclusive co developed titled by cretek and micosoft , their kinect forza aka forza 4 , possibly milo , gears of war 3,and rumored fall 2011 exclsuive is perfect dark zero2