By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me or is the 360 low on exclusives in 2011 vs the PS3?

Take a look at this. This is scary domination. At least I wont be spending much money next year compared to this year.

2011:

Top PS3 exclusives: Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Yakuza 4, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian, Infamous 2

Top 360 exclusives: Gears of War 3

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Take a look at this. This is scary domination. At least I wont be spending much money next year compared to this year.

2011:

Top PS3 exclusives: Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Yakuza 4, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian, Infamous 2

You forgot Ratchet & Clank for PS3.

no it's not you, but you are jumping ahead of MS! think about it. with Gares 3 coming out in what May they haft to have something for fall 2011 but what it is is anybodies gusse.

i think there plans are mainly focused around kinect which is 50% misstake and 50% genius. hopefully rare is doing something big, and the new IP from lionhead studios could bee revealed next yr aswell

isnt mass effect 3 rumored for 2011? or maybe it was 2012.. anyways there will most likely be a new left4dead

you forgot motorstorm sorcery ratchet and clank, and probably agent or uc3. also ff14 is on pc so remove it

as for ms they will probably have forza 4 and "codename" kingdoms.

and no its not you

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

2011:

You forgot Ratchet & Clank for PS3.

Also SOCOM 4 is 2011

zaMy said:

isnt mass effect 3 rumored for 2011? or maybe it was 2012.. anyways there will most likely be a new left4dead

mass effect 2 is coming to ps3 :P. so their is no reason why mass effect 3 shoudnt be multiplat. and with valve developing portal 2 on the ps3 and saying its going to be the superior console version their is no reason why left4dead shoudnt be multiplat.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

360 also have an exclusive game made by crytik, I think its name is "kingdoms"

You forgot-

Socom 4

Motorstorm Apocalpse

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

And probably UC3 (2 year dev cycle)

It seems like that's the case almost every year (Although 360 usually has 2 or 3 games to list).   I'm sure the 360 will pickup some games as the year goes on so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

....But this is something that I have felt for several years now will really cripple the 360.  They just don't have enough first party studio's. I've felt for this entire generation they are relying primarily on

(Gears sequel/Halo IP game/ Forza sequel / Fable / Third Party Exclusive). 

This lack of first party studios becomes even more astounding when you think about the Kinect.  They better pray that Kinect garners a ton of third party support, otherwise they are going to have a hard time pushing a concept that's never really been done before and proving that it works and works well.

What happens when what happened to Sony (Losing almost all third party exclusivity) happens to Microsoft?   I mean we're already seeing Bioshock/Mass Effect/Portal/etc big time games jump ship over to Sony.   I think Sony will clearly out produce MS in this regard because they have the ability to pump out several IPs per year with their sheer amount of First Party.

I guess to sum it up,  MS is notorious a 'last minute' surprise type of company (Especially this early in the year)  where as Sony announces their games  5 years before they hit the market (See GT5 :P)....So there is some time for MS to announce a beefier lineup, but overall I think we will start to see this more and more and tilt in favor of the PS3.  (Especially if we've seen the last Halo / Gears ) this generation.