-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:

I find it rather laughable that anyone would tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about.  Especially since she did play the game, while most of you haven't.

It's her opinion.  She doesn't like your dream game.  Big deal.  Calling her a whore and a cunt just because she has a diverging opinion is quite sad, actually. 

Yeah, that's humanity and internet for you. :(

I did play the game and I do understand that it's her opinion. My opinion, on the other hand, is that she really doesn't know what she's talking about.

She really doesn't know? 

ould you please read this and come back after? http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81781/too-many-gamers-are-intellectual-cowards/

Now that you did, could you elaborate further on that bold statement of yours?

Yes, I think she really doesn't.

Just like she's allowed to voice her opinion, I'm allowed to voice mine.

Is that your definition of elaboration? ¬_¬

What is there to elaborate?

She has her opinion and I have mine... that meaning I think she's wrong, as in not right :l

O_o

And... Why do you think she's wrong?  (seriously... ¬_¬ )

I don't want to point out every little thing in that review and explain why I think she's wrong.

Let's just say that I think the opposite of what she thinks in most of the review..

Well, allow me to point out that until elaborated on, your opinion is completely empty and meaningless.

I'd go as far as thinking that you didn't even play the game in the first place.  Of course, I could be wrong, but that thought just comes from the fact that you're unwilling to (or just can't) give any kind of input that may change how we view her opinion or the issues that the characterization in Other M brought to the Samus we all knew from the older titles.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:

I find it rather laughable that anyone would tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about.  Especially since she did play the game, while most of you haven't.

It's her opinion.  She doesn't like your dream game.  Big deal.  Calling her a whore and a cunt just because she has a diverging opinion is quite sad, actually. 

I did play the game and I do understand that it's her opinion. My opinion, on the other hand, is that she really doesn't know what she's talking about.

She really doesn't know? 

ould you please read this and come back after? http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81781/too-many-gamers-are-intellectual-cowards/

She has her opinion and I have mine... that meaning I think she's wrong, as in not right :l

O_o

I don't want to point out every little thing in that review and explain why I think she's wrong.

Let's just say that I think the opposite of what she thinks in most of the review..

Well, allow me to point out that until elaborated on, your opinion is completely empty and meaningless.

I'd go as far as thinking that you didn't even play the game in the first place.  Of course, I could be wrong, but that thought just comes from the fact that you're unwilling to (or just can't) give any kind of input that may change how we view her opinion or the issues that the characterization in Other M brought to the Samus we all knew from the older titles.

I never expected my opinion to change the way you think of her. I could care less what you make out of it...

And yes, I did play and finish the game.

-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:

She really doesn't know? 

O_o

I never expected my opinion to change the way you think of her. I could care less what you make out of it...

In the last 13 hours, I presume?

Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Hynad said:

She really doesn't know? 

O_o

In the last 13 hours, I presume?

If you must know, I played the game before it was released. Now before you say "Did you pirate it?", no I didn't. I played it at my friends house, who is a pirate. My game doesn't come until 2 days from now

Torillian said:
jarrod said:
Hynad said:

Opinion's aren't absolute, and certainly are not above criticism.  And I should preface, I have no issue with the overall review (many of the complaints seem valid, and some I'll likely agree with myself), or score (as if scores mattered in the scheme of things).  What I take extreme issue with is her labeling the portrayal of Samus as sexist.  The scenes and plot elements she points to don't support that interpretation, in the least, and I find her use of the word (which carries a certain charge, particularly within this industry, and particularly even within this series) to be at best ignorant and and worst exploitative.  And considering her inherently hypocritical take on Bayonetta, a game literally about a fetishized naked stripper witch, I feel fairly secure in saying this dumb-ass whore is a giant fucking cunt. <3

I'm getting fairly tired of you and others just lobbing the most hurtful things you can at the woman because you disagree with her.  Argue the points and stay away from throwing personal insults in an attempt to make me dissapointed with our community.

I agree.

Disagreeing with what she says is one thing but calling her stuff like that is just wrong. The topic being sexism makes it even worse...

Around the Network

Is she gave Bayonetta a glowing review, and chides Other M for sexism. She just lost any credibility she had.

Just because she's a woman who's trying to prove herself to her mentor, a man, doesn't make her "damaged chick with daddy issues." I mean, how many stories have we seen where a male protagonist works to please a former (or current) role model?

Frankly it's sexist to hold that interpretation, the idea that if a woman feels the need to impress her male role model, it's sexist.

And i believe Jarrod was being ironic by lobbing sexist comments at her, though i'm uncertain and entirely don't speak for him.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Darc Requiem said:

Is she gave Bayonetta a glowing review, and chides Other M for sexism. She just lost any credibility she had.

I think it was just mentioned she liked the character design, and compared to a lot of outfits in games, that doesn't make it hypocracy at all.

Besides, was the main character of that game portrayed as a damsel or a badass?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

in regards to Samus having PTSD, it is entirely possible; you don't really "get over" said disorder and one of the symptoms of it is frequent re-experiencing of the trauma. Samus having a bit of a freakout over seeing Ridley (the practically undead thing she's killed about four times who's now come back from a planet blowing up) is pretty understandable since he IS her trauma

And the Bayonetta thing is a bit two-faced; even if she's displayed as a "badass" she's also still characterized as more over-sexualized in more ways than a Frank Miller heroine. It's tongue-in-cheek, but it's still freakishly exploitative

Aiddon said:

in regards to Samus having PTSD, it is entirely possible; you don't really "get over" said disorder and one of the symptoms of it is frequent re-experiencing of the trauma. Samus having a bit of a freakout over seeing Ridley (the practically undead thing she's killed about four times who's now come back from a planet blowing up) is pretty understandable since he IS her trauma

You're still forgetting that it didn't manifest in the several times before this she fought him. PTSD does not pop up randomly. You don't stay cool under the same situations that set you off one minute, and then suddenly start breaking down the umpteenth times you face that situation.

She fought him before. She didn't freak out. If she really was still stressing out, she would have freaked out all those times.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs