By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

hyperhealer3 said:

Let's say your playing Street Fighter IV with Xbox Kinect... How do you execute a soryuken? Haduken? COD.. .How do you throw a grenade?  Just wondering.

With a pillow under your head? 'cause you see, that's a dream scenario. Sorry, couldn't resist. The point is , those questions are irrelevant 'cause Kinect won't ever support those games.

Around the Network

I just don't like the look of the move. It looks like a cross between something you'd see at a rave party and an adult video store. It might be a modest success,but it won't be anything ground breaking. lol

cloud1161 said:

so i guess sorcery, sports champions, littlebigplanet 2, and start the party arent casual games?

LBP1 was pretty darn hardcore...

well its better that they are making games for both, casual games with move and core games with move.

which ever way you look at it the titles are way better

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Garnett said:

MOVE will be more accurate than Natal, and most definitely have better games but im gonna predict that it will end up like Eyetoy and Sixaxis, just another addon.

i love posts like this, everytime proven wrong again and again and they keep coming.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I think Move will do good among current PS3 owners but because Kinect has gathered all this hype in the past few years. Move  will probability be over shadowed by Kinect.

"To play or not to play, that is the question."- A wise man

Lifetime sales prediction

Wii 79/150 million

Xbox 360 47.7/73 Million

PS3 43.6/69 Million

Hype can generate consumer interest and even fool people into buying something that isn't what they think it is, but past the initial launch period for both Kinect and Natal, both will have to sustain on the strength of their respective software/title support.

In other words, people aren't going to keep buying Kinect if games consistently display underwhelming controls or titles that simply aren't compelling to either extended audience consumers (who, contrary to popular belief among some core enthusiasts will NOT buy "any old crap") or core consumers who are interested in more than just party games and mini games.

MS is spending some serious money and effort promoting Kinect, so it's extremely unlikely software support won't be maintained, but it still has the potential to end up as a $150 web cam that allows you to use basic voice commands to watch DVDs.

Killiana1a said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Killiana1a said:

Sony showed up last and thought, "What a bunch of losers, I would rather be at home hanging out with my emo hipster friends listening to obscure music from a Tarantino movie and playing games no one else plays." 

Is that how you view Sony fans? Cause that is sad if so.

I am making a colorful analogy to describe each of the big 3's approach to the Blue Ocean market.

Sony in this case happens to be the cynical, half bored, too cool middle child hipster who is creating the Move for his friends. Microsoft is that overenthusiastic, adoring little brother. Nintendo is the alpha older brother who is loyal, quiet, high achieving and the apple of his mother's eye.

So Ninty would be Richard Lionheart, Sony Geoffrey and MS John Lackland? But wasn't Richard gay? This would explain the Apple...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Skeeuk said:
Garnett said:

MOVE will be more accurate than Natal, and most definitely have better games but im gonna predict that it will end up like Eyetoy and Sixaxis, just another addon.

i love posts like this, everytime proven wrong again and again and they keep coming.

What did you prove me wrong on? I must of missed it, please point it out.

In the end the Sony Move is just a "Me Too" add-on for the PS3. No matter how nice you want to spin it, it's still an imitation controller of Nintendo's Wii Remote; which came out 4 years ago.

I think it is funny how Sony fans made fun of the Wii remote earlier for seeming goofy; especially when the Sony controller has a big pastel coloured ball on the end of it; it looks like a Sailor Moon baton.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.