By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart 21st August

IF Halo Reach launchs to around 5 mill, it'll out do MW2.

It'll have an extra 7 or so weeks of sales, leading up to xmas season, and higher than last xmas 360 sales.

Can't wait! It's only right a Halo game should dominate the top sold game on an Xbox system!

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
irtz said:

whats with halo vs gt5 or any other game vs gt5 ? gt5 is a racing game its not adventure,shooter or rpg that  people are comparing with halo,mw2,fable,kinect or any other game compare it with racing game 

the main reason is that for years now there has been a very vocal group of users on vgchartz who have been claiming GT5 will sell over 14 million copies and push PS3 hardware through the roof and outsell every console on the market from now on just from the one game.

when in actuality neither is going to happen.

well it might b possible if there is heavy advertisement  as done 4 heavy rain and it might not b possible if less advertisement is done cant say about hardware bt software is possible

I would guess that the "Internets Generally Accepted Theory" states that the hardcore pre-order and the casual do-not.

This flies in the face of the data we are seeing here however as it appears the more casual of the two new hardware offerings (Kinect) is briskly out-pre-ordering it's more hardcore competitor.

I thought I had read somewhere that IOI had an article pending on the Move/Kinect pre-sales.  I'd be very interested in reading that.

DemoPS3 said:

Facepalm @ Kinect Adventures pre-orders.

Makes me sick.

Halo Reach pre-orders must be making you really sick!

Move wont have legs...

Kinect will have Legs...

Thats it.

Around the Network

360 is a hardcore console regardless of the cheap price. 

I hope Reach passes 2 million pre-orders by the time its released. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Kingdom Hearts weeklu sales are...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:

All I ever see from certain people is "Move will sell better in the long run, it'll have legs (yeah heard that before) with little to nothing to back it up other than wishful thinking.

If Kinect has a huge launch that means it can't have legs? (you know like Wii) but when something enters the race relatively slow it'll have legs?

At least in terms of HW, legs are very very different to those a game has.

More than likely Kinect will have legs, based on the fact it's targetted at current 360 owners AND a new audience, an audience I might add Move will struggle immensly to sell to.

I hear a lot of about "the core are REALLY interested in Move" and "oh the core hate Kinect." TBH I'm seeing a bit of both on both sides of the fence.

Again, people think this launch line up determines the lifecycle of each device, because move has core games it appeals to the core? Yeah that's fair enough, but Kinect will have core titles too, then what?

At the end of the day, Move was done 4 years ago and a lower price, and was targetted at a big untapped audience. Kinect has the advantage of being new, being cheaper than PSMove, albeit I admit it's still to high compared to Wii, and appealing to that huge market.

Of course I could be wrong, but given the vibes Sony have given off on how the feel about Move, it doesn't sound like they have much faith in it, or is in the long plan for them, unlike Kinect and Microsoft's attitude towards it, the difference is night and day.

I think you misinterpret some of what you hear/read. Just because some say Move will win out in the long run doesn't mean Kinect won't have legs. I personally think Kinect will sell more 360's than Move sells PS3s, but I think on their own, Move will sell better.

Now of course Kinect has advantages, like being something new and fresh, which works out sometimes (ala HEAVY RAIN), but could also take a back seat to something "traditional". Either case is possible and both sides are expressing wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that.

Nah I'm seeing a lot of "Move will beat Kinect because it'll have legs" to me it's indicating Kinect will be frontloaded and then tail off (I mean how can something that's frontloaded AND have legs be beaten by something that just has legs?

Like I said, Move will have to sell a high ratio to current owners vs the 360 to beat it, given Kinect is going to spur on more HW purchases thus leading to Kinect units sold.

It's clear most people's sentiments about why Move will be better is because Kinect is the way it is, not because of it's games. Fact is though, most of those people thought the same about the Wii.

Much of that is true, but both sides are just expressing their feelings. What about all those who say Move is "doomed" because it's priced too high or confusing? Fact is, none of us know anythig for certain. That makes for wishful thinking in all discussions. Kinect could succeed off being fresh, but fail for the same reason. Move could be a success because it is based on a tried idea, but it too could fail for that same reason.

Sorry to piggy back on your convo, just wanted to put my 2 cents in.  The reason I don't see Kinect having legs, and being frontloaded, is possible bad word of mouth.  I mean sure it will seem like its revolutionary to newcomers (mostly because of hype and ads for the device), but if in the end the experience doesn't blow them completely away, Kinect will have a "meh" feeling surrounding it.  Something just tells me Kinect isn't going to deliver on a lot of things people think it will do for gaming.  I also don't see Kinect being able to deliver the accuracy needed for "core" experiences.  MS said that they will be bringing core games to Kinect maybe next year, but really, why haven't they even brought ONE for it this year?

Sony, on other hand, is trying to appeal to both crowds with the Move.  I'm not sure they can win over the casuals from Nintendo, but a lot of the already existing core base seems to be excited for what the Move could bring to games like Socom, Killzone, and new IP's like Scorcery.  Also, if Sony can show in their ads that the PS Eye can be capable of doing a lot of what Kinect can for controllerless casual games, they may be able to win a few over from MS.  I personally haven't seen any ads on TV yet, so I'm guessing Sony is waiting til just a week or 2 before launch to really push the Move.  And Sony has one more thing on its side, it has already been shown to deliver what Sony promised for the device and hands-on experiences seem to be getting better as the device matures.  It did win out over Kinect for Best Hardware Accessory at Gamescom this year, after all.

In the end, though, what CGI said is right.  All of this is just speculation and high hopes on anyone's part.  We'll just have to wait and see what the real results are in the coming weeks.  All I know is that on Sept. 19th I'll be at Wal-mart getting 2 Moves and 2 Nav's, plus a couple of games.

I am still puzzled by all this concern/doubt about GT5, I'm no fan(and maybe that's why) but I'll will just sit back and watch expectations be blown just like Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain

also what's the deal with the negative golden sun pre-orders??? I will hunt all 274 of them and smite them with my sol blade(golden sun: TLA weapon)

it seems BBS will have a pretty big opening, LBP2 is  really starting to taking off

fall 2010 is going to be a killer for many people

steverhcp02 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

I've said it millions of times and I'll say it again.....GT5 will Not, I repeat not sell more than 10 million!!!

Who ever says that is insane, I expect 2-4 million WW sales, but this is also my prediction for Fable 3

Kinect looks like it will be a big hit, Everyone I met seems interested in this little device

I would literally bet you both of my testicles it sells more that that by 2011

totally, make that a double bet, if we win, he'll cut his testicles on camera.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!