By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Top 10 Put To Shame By Halo Reach

selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

they are overdoing everything. the content looks good. and the bluray one is just ridiculous.

But true LOL.

Reach wins on every point in the OP. Not on one single point can anyone say with a straight face that Reach isnt the leader and innovator.

And I still want to know why BluRay games are not keeping up with DVD games for content. Noone seems to be able to answer this question. 

It wasnt answered with Halo3. And well Reach beats out alot of retail games in their own fields. And yet is one game. A game with so many features and so much content that to be honest, it makes other single genre games look bland.

Have you lived under a rock when all this GT5 stuff was announced? Or when FF XIII was superior because of Blu-ray? Ok, the second one is not for content, but you probably know what I mean. But I expected a post like this from you and Torillian pretty much said what I think.

Anyway, there are probably 2-3 points in that list which I would consider correct, the rest is just dump, that's why I consider it a joke article.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
snfr said:
selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

they are overdoing everything. the content looks good. and the bluray one is just ridiculous.

But true LOL.

Reach wins on every point in the OP. Not on one single point can anyone say with a straight face that Reach isnt the leader and innovator.

And I still want to know why BluRay games are not keeping up with DVD games for content. Noone seems to be able to answer this question. 

It wasnt answered with Halo3. And well Reach beats out alot of retail games in their own fields. And yet is one game. A game with so many features and so much content that to be honest, it makes other single genre games look bland.

Have you lived under a rock when all this GT5 stuff was announced? Or when FF XIII was superior because of Blu-ray? Ok, the second one is not for content, but you probably know what I mean. But I expected a post like this from you and Torillian pretty much said what I think.

Anyway, there are probably 2-3 points in that list which I would consider correct, the rest is just dump, that's why I consider it a joke article.

Funnily enough, the article is a joke article. But the odd thing is it's also got valid points on all of them. 

I haven't read anything here why BluRay is needed apart from the lossless audio, which frankly unless you have paid out for a good seperate system is pretty pointless. The PS3 games Ive experieced like MGS4 with lossless audio sounded no better than a 360 through Dolby 5.1 on a normal £300 theatre system. The difference is negligble. Unless you spend the money.

The graphics talk is very weak considering the amount of detail and varying look of the singleplayer not to mention the size of the levels. 

I would like to add though. We dont know the game is 1 disc. I predict it will be on 2 discs.

selnor said:
snfr said:
selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

But true LOL.

Funnily enough, the article is a joke article. But the odd thing is it's also got valid points on all of them. 

I haven't read anything here why BluRay is needed apart from the lossless audio, which frankly unless you have paid out for a good seperate system is pretty pointless. The PS3 games Ive experieced like MGS4 with lossless audio sounded no better than a 360 through Dolby 5.1 on a normal £300 theatre system. The difference is negligble. Unless you spend the money.

The graphics talk is very weak considering the amount of detail and varying look of the singleplayer not to mention the size of the levels. 

I would like to add though. We dont know the game is 1 disc. I predict it will be on 2 discs.

Ok so its not confirmed to be on one disc.  With the amount of content Reach has it almost has to be on 2 discs minimum.

selnor said:
snfr said:
selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

But true LOL.

I haven't read anything here why BluRay is needed apart from the lossless audio, which frankly unless you have paid out for a good seperate system is pretty pointless.

I know one example ; Forza 3. If Forza 3 was on Blu-Ray I wouldn't have to buy a HDD for the full game. (no problem as i was planning to buy at least a 20 GB HDD anyways) No doubt GT5 will take more space than even FM3 so I'm gald it's on one Blu-ray disc.

Smidlee said:
selnor said:
snfr said:
selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

But true LOL.

I haven't read anything here why BluRay is needed apart from the lossless audio, which frankly unless you have paid out for a good seperate system is pretty pointless.

I know one example ; Forza 3. If Forza 3 was on Blu-Ray I wouldn't have to buy a HDD for the full game. (no problem as i was planning to buy at least a 20 GB HDD) No doubt GT5 will take more space than even FM3 so I'm gald it's on one Blu-ray disc)

Having an extra 2.8 gb on your HDD is hardly a reason to need 50 gb. Forza 3 tally's around the 10.6 gb mark. Although it has less cars ut of the box than say GT5. t has over 30 tracks more. As it comes with 112 tracks.

Around the Network

Weird article haha and has to stretch a lot of things to make it work.  But if there is anything to take out of this, it is just the massive amounts of content there is in this game.  And Halo 3 was similar as there was so much you can do, but it seems Reach just takes it to the next level.  Got to hand it to Bungie, they definitely no how to make a game with never-ending replay value.  September 14th can't come fast enough.

yes it's going to be a great game,but it's not going to be the be all ,end all of gaming.

selnor said:
snfr said:

That's actually what I predict as well, first time I agree with you somehow, lol. I would be very surprised if one disc is enough for Halo: Reach (one disc for sp, one for mp perhaps?).

Well, about the Blu-ray topic: it probably isn't necessary, but it makes things definitly more comfortable for developers, because you don't have to compress everything.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

selnor said:
zgamer5 said:

But true LOL.

the op is ridiculous. mario kart seriously? just because you can ride in a buggy in the campaign. how is having vehicles in the campaign amazing, every halo had it, and battle field always had it. most pc map editors are more advanced then forge mode on reach, and forge mode isnt more advanced then lbp2. the rpg elements in reach are week. the only thing you have are diffrent armors. if your talking about perks call of duty has perks. reach doesnt put rpgs to shame. and about assasins creed, can reach do assasinations while hanging of a ledge, can it do assasinations while being in a hay sack? again it doesnt put it to shame.

so small things such as driving a bugy, cuztomizable armor,, and assasinations are supposed to full a dvd.

if halo reach but all of the games listed in the op to shame then it would be a crappy game. it would be a mix of karts with weapons drifting, with jumping assasinations, with stats, with rpg elements in the story such as talking decisions, and with arcady shooting. it doesnt put them to shame, only thing it does is it take a bit from all of those games, and that fits its genra perfectly.

does reach have 1080 p cutscenes? 

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Fun list.

To bad so many takes it so seriously...wait, that's kinda fun actually.