By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii fit japan sales 135,800

Wii Fit sells 135,800 units in Japan

December 5th, 2007

Wii Fit has sold 135,000 units in Japan since it was released on the 1st of December according to Media Create.

Click here for Link

http://codenamerevolution.com/ 

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

Wii Fit jogs to the top of Japanese sales charts in first week

We were waiting for Japanese sales numbers to be released to see how Wii Fit debuted, and they have finally come. Famitsu is reporting that Wii Fit ended the week at the #2 spot (behind Professor Layton 2 for the DS) in software sales, with 254,000 copies sold. Keep in mind also that since Wii Fit was released later in the week, these numbers only account for two days of the game being available (most games on the Japanese charts account for four days of sales). It's also interesting to note that in two days, Wii Fit has already sold more than Super Mario Galaxy sold in its first week.

Furthermore, Wii hardware sales jumped up this week, as the console pushed 71,000 units. That's approximately a 30% increase from last week's sales, and a 97% increase from two weeks ago when the Wii sold 36,000 units. Although software clearly played a big part in this growth, it seems likely that Nintendo also made sure to ship more Wiis to Japan with the release of Wii Fit.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/05/wii-fit-jogs-to-the-top-of-japanese-sales-charts-in-first-week/

so what did it really sell?

135,800 - MC
or
254,000 - Famitsu

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Why does it say leo in your signature?

ON topic: Famituse is more accurate- carlos

mM

According to your link they have changed that to 254k

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Its difficult deciding who to trust. This week, it seems MC are undertracking. When the PS3 was beating out the Wii, Famitsu was over tracking.

Still, 100k off is quite steep, but MC has always seemed trust worthy in the past.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

*gets the crow ready for John Lucas*

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Well thats about 3.5 million units short right John Lucas! ;)

Im confused.

mM

Code Name Revolution is reporting 135.8k, the source link only have "Allegedly 254,000 Wii Fit sold"?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA