By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii losing its thunder?

Wii is in a slump, thats all, but I don't see it selling 2007-2009 numbers again.

Around the Network

This thread just doesn't die does it? 

Anyway, I don't see there being anything for Nintendo to worry about just yet. Wait until October/November- the Wii will likely be back. Not like last year, but back.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Chrizum said:

Nice spin! How about this: if Wii had more quality games more of them would be million sellers? Sounds a bit more logical to me...

IF is an ever nicer spin. Wii will never have quality games, publishers have fled the system already.

ryuzaki57 said:
Chrizum said:

Nice spin! How about this: if Wii had more quality games more of them would be million sellers? Sounds a bit more logical to me...

IF is an ever nicer spin. Wii will never have quality games, publishers have fled the system already.

Even Nintendo them selfs? Wii has a dozens of quality games.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Yes sorry there're actually two : Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

Yes sorry there're actually two : Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

Now you're just trolling.

For a system that own almos 50% of the home-console market to start a lite decline in sales in nothing but logic. However, I truly expect the Wii to have a very solid Christmas(as you know it already beat Xbox and Ps3 in sales this week again) for one very solid reason. If you do some research you will learn that in the next 24 months America will be seeing It's highest amount of 9 year olds (average gaming starting age) in It's history, this means that in the next 2 years A LOT OF KIDS will be turning 9 ( this goes back to highest amount of pregnancy in America after 9-11-01, I'm sure Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft know this. therefore we are seeing a huge attempt to capture this group with "motion consoles" but Nintendo is got a huge advantage over It's competitors for their reputation as a "family-oriented" game makers. Parents will feel a lot more comfortable having their kids play as a plummer jumping over giant pipes and fake bowling rather than Intergalactic soldiers blowing up all kinds of alien invaders or a semi-god trying to kill his own father and everybody in between. on top of that I do believe  a few of us old-school gamers will be buying that black wii just to play skyward sword. sorry fellas NINTENDO WON THIS ROUND.

I figured I would mention that for what its worth the Wii had its lowest month from NPD life to date.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

I figured I would mention that for what its worth the Wii had its lowest month from NPD life to date.

It should be pointed out that there were no good games for any system released in August (don't count OTHER M)and the Wii IS nearly 4 years old, and the Wii is far ahead of the PS2 at this stage in its lifecycle, so you'd expect some decline...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Juma009 said:

For a system that own almos 50% of the home-console market to start a lite decline in sales in nothing but logic. However, I truly expect the Wii to have a very solid Christmas(as you know it already beat Xbox and Ps3 in sales this week again) for one very solid reason. If you do some research you will learn that in the next 24 months America will be seeing It's highest amount of 9 year olds (average gaming starting age) in It's history, this means that in the next 2 years A LOT OF KIDS will be turning 9 ( this goes back to highest amount of pregnancy in America after 9-11-01, I'm sure Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft know this. therefore we are seeing a huge attempt to capture this group with "motion consoles" but Nintendo is got a huge advantage over It's competitors for their reputation as a "family-oriented" game makers. Parents will feel a lot more comfortable having their kids play as a plummer jumping over giant pipes and fake bowling rather than Intergalactic soldiers blowing up all kinds of alien invaders or a semi-god trying to kill his own father and everybody in between. on top of that I do believe  a few of us old-school gamers will be buying that black wii just to play skyward sword. sorry fellas NINTENDO WON THIS ROUND

Right on Juma, Nintendo has won this gen its as simple as that. People complain about the sales of the Wii these past couple of months. Its over 70 million and people are stilling calling it a fad. Its so stupid that there is so much hate of Nintendo. It has over a 20 million lead over the 360 and it still gets no respect. I am happy that Nintendo has be able to recapture its glory and i cant wait for it to move forward with the 3DS and the next home console.