By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I wasn't expecting anything, really. I was just dropping in a suggestion as I was adding to my game list and finding it impossible to update it fully.

Around the Network

I already made suggestions about the imo most important missing consoles from the last three decades.

But only some of the people with red names, in particular the boss himself decide if/when a new plattform is added to the database.

Until then we can only hope & wait.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

I overlooked the iPad question.

If a game is iPad exclusive please don't add it under the iPhone category.

Just wait till/if the Ipad gets added to the DB.

Level 1 - Newbie

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie

oliist said:

I already made suggestions about the imo most important missing consoles from the last three decades.

But only some of the people with red names, in particular the boss himself decide if/when a new plattform is added to the database.

that what most of the suggestions don't make it

Solid_Snake4RD said:
oliist said:

that what most of the suggestions don't make it

For that reason I made way more suggestions than I actually wanted.

Like the people in the middle ages.

If they wanted one child to take care of them when they are old, they had to beget three to four childs because most of them would die before they had a chance to grow up. 

Level 1 - Newbie

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie

Around the Network
oliist said:

I overlooked the iPad question.

If a game is iPad exclusive please don't add it under the iPhone category.

Just wait till/if the Ipad gets added to the DB.

Shall do. Indeed, that's exactly what I was doing, so it's an easy request to fulfil. Unfortunately, almost all of my iPad games are exclusive to the platform, so that means none will register here. Some are bloody good as well.

:D

oliist said:

If they are thinking in adding the iPad, same way it should be thought in also adding Java to the mobile section. That market is way bigger than the iOs one. John Carmack has recently said that the RPG series performance on the App Store has been less than ideal compared to mobile phones (Java).

About the Mac. PC is a Personal computer that can have three mayor different OS; Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux. If you really want Mac added, they should change PC to Windows and add Linux.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Alright, I can accept that. So, PC includes Mac and Linux -- it kinda makes sense, especially as the focus is on consoles here. In short: no need for a change, not unless Linux or Mac gaming reach a significant market-share and start scoring all manner of exclusives, which currently looks unlikely.

Next, iPhone should probably be expanded to include iPad, perhaps as iOS or something similar.

Lastly, some provision for mobile gaming beyond Apple's products would be welcome, although catering to the entire market may be a touch problematic, especially as it's currently so dynamic. This last suggestion (the mobile market) is quite beyond my knowledge, so I'm happy to be corrected here as required.

Hapimeses said:

Alright, I can accept that. So, PC includes Mac and Linux -- it kinda makes sense, especially as the focus is on consoles here. In short: no need for a change, not unless Linux or Mac gaming reach a significant market-share and start scoring all manner of exclusives, which currently looks unlikely.

Next, iPhone should probably be expanded to include iPad, perhaps as iOS or something similar.

Lastly, some provision for mobile gaming beyond Apple's products would be welcome, although catering to the entire market may be a touch problematic, especially as it's currently so dynamic. This last suggestion (the mobile market) is quite beyond my knowledge, so I'm happy to be corrected here as required.

There are so many different OS for mobile, that adding all of them would not be an easy task. Symbian, RIM Blackberry, iOS, WindowsPhone, Android, Linux, WebOS, MeeGo, Bada or Maemo, plus others. But still don't know why Apple should be treated differently than Nokia, Blackberry, Microsoft or Palm.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Hapimeses said:

There are so many different OS for mobile, that adding all of them would not be an easy task. Symbian, RIM Blackberry, iOS, WindowsPhone, Android, Linux, WebOS, MeeGo, Bada or Maemo, plus others. But still don't know why Apple should be treated differently than Nokia, Blackberry, Microsoft or Palm.

Billions of dollars worth of games are being sold on the iOS platform. All the other systems you listed combined probably don't make a fraction that iOS does in games. It's a fact that iOS users buy a lot more software than other platforms.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.