By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 finally hacked. Good or bad for the gamers?

Stan85 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

this will let me experience games i normally wouldn't buy

i like to do it this way:

i play the game and if i like it,i definitely buy it

this is not for the games i will already buy but the games that i am not interested in but other people recomend and other games

Piracy = good?

:D

never said that

it is just that normally i wouldn't even consider buying some of the games that don't interest me but if i get a chance to play them and if then i find them to be good

then the devs will surely get my mkoney for that game

without this hell they wouldn't even get me  to even think of paying them as i am not interested in the game

Around the Network
Stan85 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

this will let me experience games i normally wouldn't buy

i like to do it this way:

i play the game and if i like it,i definitely buy it

this is not for the games i will already buy but the games that i am not interested in but other people recomend and other games

Piracy = good?

:D

No pirarcy doesn't equal good,but it's one of those things that you really can't do anything about. I'm not sure if sony will fight this and come up with another firware update are not. I'm not going to get into a thing about the morals of it,because that's been discussed to death on this site.

Khuutra said:
Stan85 said:
Khuutra said:

I doubt it will have a very big impact right now - who owns a blu-ray player? Few people. Casual pirates won't be getting in on this for a while.

Now, the guys who sell pirated games might be a different story.

You download games using the Internet and upload them to your ps3 harddrive.

No blu-ray player and,probably,no mod chip,just a software thing. It could be a hardware thing,but a software mod will be a killer.

Sorry, I meant blu-ray burner.

But if it's straight from the hard drive.... well, if you have the bandwidth to be able to handle it, I guess this would be pretty insane.

Looks like the dam has broken for real-real.

You don't need even the bandwidth, just a way to rental PS3 games.

And the dam hasn't broken for real, it will when the code these guys are using in the dongle leaks for free in the internet.

Khuutra said:
Stan85 said:
Khuutra said:

I doubt it will have a very big impact right now - who owns a blu-ray player? Few people. Casual pirates won't be getting in on this for a while.

Now, the guys who sell pirated games might be a different story.

You download games using the Internet and upload them to your ps3 harddrive.

No blu-ray player and,probably,no mod chip,just a software thing. It could be a hardware thing,but a software mod will be a killer.

Sorry, I meant blu-ray burner.

But if it's straight from the hard drive.... well, if you have the bandwidth to be able to handle it, I guess this would be pretty insane.

Looks like the dam has broken for real-real.

there is also a blu-ray drive hack in the works at TeamHades

they successfully dumped the PS3 drive to get it to work on PC

zgamer5 said:

if this happens it will boost sales in my country. one reason ps2 was so big here last gen was because of piracy. i have friends who got a 360 just because of piracy.

Exactly the same will happen in my country, Sony will get less money from software sales, because very few of the gamers that were paying for their original games will continue to do so, it will sale a lot more hardware.

It can hurt a lot of developers, specially in the "OTHERS" region where it will run rampant, and its a good region for Sony.

Around the Network

When did this happen? Could you provide a source of some kind?

Anyway, this thread will no doubt turn into another discussion on the morality of piracy. Nothing good ever comes from these discussions cuz no one changes their mind on either side.

I'd rather stay out of it.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:

Anyway, this thread will no doubt turn into another discussion on the morality of piracy. Nothing good ever comes from these discussions cuz no one changes their mind on either side.

Sure,there you go :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=260947

The youtube link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDaGne0u-4&feature=player_embedded

Johann said:

I agree. Each time this topic comes up it goes on forever and get's pretty heated. I'm also out of this thread. lol

Stan85 said:
Johann said:

Sure,there you go :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=260947

The youtube link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDaGne0u-4&feature=player_embedded

Who would've thought that after all that effort from Sony, the thing would be ultimately foiled by software alone?

There wasn't even a modchip involved.

Let's see how long till Sony makes a firmware update.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

As long as it doesn't get out of hand like for pc and psp games, a little bit or piracy goes a long way for hardware sales. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype