By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

Berstuck said:

Just finished up a run through on Insanity with a Adept keeping everyone alive and rescuing the crew. It wasn't actually as hard as i was expecting and would definately recommed using either an Adept or Sentinal for an insanity play through.  I found Warp to be by far the most versatile power in the game and leveled up was pretty effective against everything.

I just beat Insanity with an Adept myself. That makes Sentinel, Vanguard, and Adept. Next up is Soldier.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Berstuck said:

Just finished up a run through on Insanity with a Adept keeping everyone alive and rescuing the crew. It wasn't actually as hard as i was expecting and would definately recommed using either an Adept or Sentinal for an insanity play through.  I found Warp to be by far the most versatile power in the game and leveled up was pretty effective against everything.

I just beat Insanity with an Adept myself. That makes Sentinel, Vanguard, and Adept. Next up is Soldier.

How was it with the Vanguard? I reckon i'm going to use one my next play through but going to take a break from it for a while for Reach.

The only class that I haven't beaten the game on insanity with is the Sentinel.  I thought my Adept insanity playthrough was pretty easy, once a few of your powers are filled.

My absolute favorite class on insanity is the Vanguard.  I love charging straight into enemies with only a sliver of life left and somehow managing to stay alive long enough before charging again.  So much fun!

Berstuck said:
Khuutra said:
Berstuck said:

How was it with the Vanguard? I reckon i'm going to use one my next play through but going to take a break from it for a while for Reach.

Vanguard's tough as Hell, especially early on. You want to max out Charge (Heavy Charge) and thhen your class (I go Champion) as early as possible. Inferno Ammo will save your freaking life.

That said? Once you learn how to play it, it's the most fun I've had in the game so far. I kind of don't want ot play anything else. You get a huge damage boost when you shoot someone from point blank. I charge someone, press up close against them, pull the trigger, BLAM! Most of their health and all their shields are gone, then I elbow them in the face. Their friends are usually on fire from Inferno ammo. I kill thm too. When my cooldown is finished, I Charge again.

It's hard to learnn, though. No question it's the toughest class starting out. But the rewards are more than worth it.

Khuutra said:
Berstuck said:
Khuutra said:
Berstuck said:

Vanguard's tough as Hell, especially early on. You want to max out Charge (Heavy Charge) and thhen your class (I go Champion) as early as possible. Inferno Ammo will save your freaking life.

That said? Once you learn how to play it, it's the most fun I've had in the game so far. I kind of don't want ot play anything else. You get a huge damage boost when you shoot someone from point blank. I charge someone, press up close against them, pull the trigger, BLAM! Most of their health and all their shields are gone, then I elbow them in the face. Their friends are usually on fire from Inferno ammo. I kill thm too. When my cooldown is finished, I Charge again.

It's hard to learnn, though. No question it's the toughest class starting out. But the rewards are more than worth it.

Cool cheers man i'll definately be trying that out. Who were your prefered squand members to take with a Vanguard?

Around the Network

Damn right, arcelonious.

Berstuck, you want to vary from mission to mission. PIcking the right squadmates can make your life a lot easier. Zaeed is a staple for anything with geth, for example; I tend to bring along Mordin and probably Grunt for missions involving tons of Husks.

My favorite squad setup with my vanguard on insanity is Miranda and Samara.

With Miranda, her Cerberus Tactician buff in conjunction with the vanguard's Champion power gives you a lot more health, allowing you to survive longer while charging enemies.  It also helps that Miranda can take down shields, armor, and barriers with her powers.

Samara basically handles crowd control, with Throw, Pull, and Reave.  Samara also syngergizes with Miranda, because they can create warp explosions.  Finally, Samara can wield assault rifles, so she can provide more long-range firepower.

Finally, with the Squad Cryo Ammo power, Miranda and Samara will be freezing enemies left and right, giving you more opportunities to charge in and pick off enemies, with Inferno Ammo further helping with crowd control.

A very powerful squad that really lets the vanguard do what he/she does best.

I have a question about Lair of the Shadow Broker, is there a reference made about whether you did or didn't give that Cerberus data to the Shadow Broker's agent in ME1?

And now for something unrelated, Blasto the hanar Spectre in action:

Rhonin the wizard said:

I have a question about Lair of the Shadow Broker, is there a reference made about whether you did or didn't give that Cerberus data to the Shadow Broker's agent in ME1?

I can confirm that it does not. I remember reading somewhere that that decision isn't even recorded in your save file for ME1, so it can't transfer into ME2, but that may or may not be true.

Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

I can confirm that it does not. I remember reading somewhere that that decision isn't even recorded in your save file for ME1, so it can't transfer into ME2, but that may or may not be true.

Apparently it is tracked. However, it is not known if just finding the data is flagged or the decision on what to do with it. Maybe it will be important in ME3, or the developers abandoned it. I wanted to know since I was replaying ME1 and was at that sidequest.