By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is no longer a 360 exclusive. Do you care?

thats good news.

Around the Network

I'm glad to see it coming to the PS3.  I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, so I am just now playing through ME2 on the 360.  I can't believe how addictive and amazing this game is.  I'm over 35 hours into it now and I still can't put the controller down.  It's easily in the top 5 for best games this generation.  They streamlined the rpg elements from the first one, tightened up the battle controls, and kept the great storytelling that Bioware is known for.  When it releases on PS3, everyone who hasn't had the opportunity to play it should give it a shot.

If you own a 360 and haven't played this because you didn't like the first one....play it.  You will be amazed at how great this game is.

I just want to see this game gain the sales it deserves.

If they launch it with all DLC for the same price...hell yeah, since I had to pay for them, and what about ME3?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:

If they launch it with all DLC for the same price...hell yeah, since I had to pay for them, and what about ME3?

I'd have to say ME3 is a forgone conclusion at this point.  ME2 didn't move the units it should have on the 360.  I think that is the main driver behind porting ME2 to the PS3. 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

no because i didnt like the game anyway

Pipedream24 said:
heruamon said:

I'd have to say ME3 is a forgone conclusion at this point.  ME2 didn't move the units it should have on the 360.  I think that is the main driver behind porting ME2 to the PS3. 

ME2 is selling in line with the first game in the same timeframe (maybe slightly better) and the 360 version was #38 in sales worldwide just last week.

Still.

ME2 on the PS3 shouldn't affect development of the third game. It will likely be ported by another company entirely, though Christina Norman has vowed that she will make sure tht the PS3, 360, and PC versions of ME2 are as equal as possible.

Khuutra said:
Pipedream24 said:
heruamon said:

ME2 is selling in line with the first game in the same timeframe (maybe slightly better) and the 360 version was #38 in sales worldwide just last week.

Still.

ME2 on the PS3 shouldn't affect development of the third game. It will likely be ported by another company entirely, though Christina Norman has vowed that she will make sure tht the PS3, 360, and PC versions of ME2 are as equal as possible.

ME2 has been heavily discounted the past month.  A game that has been out for 6 months with glowing reviews selling for $29.99 or less is probably not what EA was hoping for. 

Chairman-Mao said:

Well I am a PS3 fanboy so secretly I'm happy not because its 1 more good series for PS3 but because 360 lost a valuable exclusive.

I used to have 360 though and I tried ME1 and didn't really like it so I don't care too much about it coming to PS3.

So I should be happy that Final Fantasy 13 is on the 360,even if I don`t like the game?

Never wear fanboy glasses,Sony and Microsoft are in this race for the money.

EA too ;)

Pipedream24 said:
Khuutra said:

Still.

ME2 has been heavily discounted the past month.  A game that has been out for 6 months with glowing reviews selling for $29.99 or less is probably not what EA was hoping for. 

...How many EA games aren't discounted after six months, exactly? Regardless, the point remains that it's moving numbers in keeping with or better than the first game.