By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart, 14th August 2010

Reach for the stars

Around the Network

Reach Reach Reach! Seriously 1.1M pre orders without the rest of the world... this is INSANE! AbsolutElY INSANE!

Fable 3 More 1/2 Weeks and will be ahead of GT5. Fallout New Vegas doing GREAT. Black Ops will be a Monster like Reach for 360.

LBP Picking up - AWESOME , loved the 1st GAME! GT5 dissapointing... Wont repeat old GT´s sucess FOR SURE! 7M Life Time should be good.

Kinect Adventures doing GREAT but comes it bundled with Kinect ? If yes than Kinect doing great in Americas and if Sports Champion comes bundled with Move than not so good for Move but still IMPRESSIVE!

MoH... Meh i hated the BETA but looking to be a Hit in americas on both Consoles.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be another Great hit this year.

gt5 again disapointing, youd expect pre orders to rise instead of decreasing. thats it im lowering my expectations 7-8 million ltd and 2 million in america.

even though black ops is tracking above mw2 its not going to get the same opening it had on ps3.

im happy that lbp2 is starting to get pre orders. we might see 200k-300k pre orders.

and im still waiting for kz3 to appear on that list.

wow at reach pre-orders but i dont think that the gap btw 1st week and pre orders will be like the one of mw2.

and im happy about star wars numbers, looks like its going to top 2 million ltd.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Carl2291 said:

Reach. It's effing huge.

Other than that... GT5 is disappointing. Hopefully it picks up sometime REALLY soon.

LBP2!!! When advertising start we could see big numbers!

I would assume GT5 will start to increase once they start advertising it more. Which I assume they'll be do alongside Move advertising since it will be the premier title that features Move support. As you said huge Reach numbers. I just preordered LBP2 myself, I can hardly wait for it.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Everything is doing exactly as it should, boring week

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

medal of honor on 360 is ahead now. this just proves how people on the 360 love fps!! GT5 still tracking higher than modern warfare 2.

Reach.

Oh. My. God.

i think its finally the time to say  GT5 IS DOOOOOOOOOOMED.

hopefully lbp2 will retain the honor by making its own gt5 level in the game, hence we could count its sales as sales for gt5.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

iHuGi said:

Reach Reach Reach! Seriously 1.1M pre orders without the rest of the world... this is INSANE! AbsolutElY INSANE!

Fable 3 More 1/2 Weeks and will be ahead of GT5. Fallout New Vegas doing GREAT. Black Ops will be a Monster like Reach for 360.

LBP Picking up - AWESOME , loved the 1st GAME! GT5 dissapointing... Wont repeat old GT´s sucess FOR SURE! 7M Life Time should be good.

Kinect Adventures doing GREAT but comes it bundled with Kinect ? If yes than Kinect doing great in Americas and if Sports Champion comes bundled with Move than not so good for Move but still IMPRESSIVE!

MoH... Meh i hated the BETA but looking to be a Hit in americas on both Consoles.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be another Great hit this year.

I know it's an old point but I think you need to analyze the numbers a bit more thoroughly. Take a look at GT4's first week in Americas, 770k. Now admittedly it's going to need to start speeding up in preorders to stay on par with MW2 but even if it falls a fair bit short, like around 500k-600k, that would still ensure about a 1 million first week, and of course that's leading into the holidays. GT4 launched in February in America.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I feel sad for GT5.