By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tony Abbott will become Australia's next Prime Minister.

Tony Abbott the Opposition leader of the Conservative/Tories will win the election on Saturday August 21. I believe he will become the next Australian PM. The current Australian female PM, Julia Gillard does not have much of a chance of winning the election. The Australian people have been disappointed with the performance of the  first term Labor government. The shadow power brokers  removed former PM, Kevin Rudd, and replaced him with a female PM only 6 weeks ago.. 

The election will be fought over debts, taxes and stopping the illegal boats. Australia is being over run by illegal immigrants. Mr Abbott is a hard line Action Man and he will stop the boats. 

I could be wrong on this prediction. At least I had the guts to call it. hehehe. 

Around the Network

I'm going to have to disagree,

First term governments just dont lose!

Although that being said, theyre both jokes, sad sad jokes.

I'm getting a little annoyed and dismayed at the ability for politicians to look into the camera and ceaselessly lie!

Australia is drowning in huge debt. Labor = more debt, more waste and more taxes. WA is being used as Labor's cash cow.  Labor's mining tax will hurt mining industry in Australia. This will cost WA jobs and means less investment and it will hurt Australia. The world financial markets are still recovering and a mining tax would hurt the mining industry.

Tony Abbott must become the next PM. Tony Abbott, back in March completed a full triathlon. A remarkable achievement for a 52 year old man wannabe PM. I do not agree with his policies. He is a man of integrity, a Rhodes scholar and a triathlon. 

A recent opinion poll has Mr Abbott becoming PM by the narrowest of margins, one seat. Mr Abbott's Coalition party need to gain 17 marginal seats from the government. 76 seats are needed out of the 150 House of Representatives seats to form government. The betting  agencies have Mr Abbott and the Coalition as outsider. Labor are clear favourites with the bookmakers.

Tony Abbott has a good plan of  real action for Australia. 

1. End the waste.

2. Pay back Labor's debt.

3. Stop the mining tax.

4. Stop the boats.

Bullshit he will. Tony Abbott has got to be the worst person possible to be the leader of a nation.

Also Australia isn't being overrun by illegal immigrants, it's a ridiculously small number compared to other countries, just people like having something to complain about. The real issues are these:

Economy: Tony Abbott has no idea when it comes to these matters, Labor on the other hand made sure Australia avoided recession, how many countries in the world can say they avoided a recession? I don't understand why the government debt is a plus for Abbott either, Labor has promised to abolish the debt by 2013 at the latest and if you haven't noticed, Australia's debt is nothing compared to many other countries.

Health: Labor has pledged a lot of money towards GP super clinics and Abbott wants to take that away. Why?

Education: I think this one is self explanatory, Gillard was the education minister and there's so much going into education from the government it's not even funny.

Internet: Abbott want to scrap the Governments National Broadband Network because they think some better wireless tech will come along later. Seriously, tell me, when will wireless get to the speed of fiber optic cable and why should we wait?

Also Abbott isn't a hard line action man, he's a misogynist who believes woman are below men, he's said it many times, here are some quotes from the idiot:

I personally am not TOO fussed as to who wins the election.

I hate elections in general. They really bring out the worst in people - both parties spend far more time trying to say why the other party sucks then why they should be elected, and every second conversation you hear about the election ends up turning into a personal insults to politicians or whoever is involved.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

The Australian election is so similar to the English election, it isn't funny.

Because I am completely uninformed about Australian politics, how long has Labour been in power, and do people like them in general?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Tony Abbott's real plan of action for Australia:

1. End the waste. The Labor government's  spending has resulted in $8 billion dollars wasted on school hall rip offs. $43 NBN is too expensive and Australia can not afford it. Andrew Robb's $6.7 billion Broadband deal to improve existing internet was a better value and more affordable for Australia. NBN is a white elephant according to the Coalition.

2. Pay back Labor's debt. Ease the burden on interest rates. Interest on Labor's debt needs to be paid back. Labor's debt costs Australia $100 million every day. 

3. Stop the mining tax.  Keep mining strong and keep Australia's economy strong. Mining is one of Australia's biggest industries and accounts for 15% of Australia's annual GDP.

4. Stop the boats. Keep Australia safe from foreign invasion. Illegal immigrants coming by boat should be processed at Nauru. Tony will call up the President of Nauru and have the boats sent to be processed at Nauru to be processed. Criminals, terrorists and people who are not real refugees should be sent back home or locked up in prison. Tony promises to turn around some of the boats.  Navy Commanders will call Tony up and he will instruct them on how to deal with the incoming boats. 

Sounds like a good plan of action.  Tony Abbott is Action Man!

thanny said:

I personally am not TOO fussed as to who wins the election.

I hate elections in general. They really bring out the worst in people - both parties spend far more time trying to say why the other party sucks then why they should be elected, and every second conversation you hear about the election ends up turning into a personal insults to politicians or whoever is involved.

ah, I was just about to say that I don't like Gillard's voice and Abbott's ears make me lol, oh well.

Vote for Tony Abbott because he will stop the boats,end wasteful government spending, keep interest rates low and pay back Labor's debt. Most importantly he will stop the boats. He will drop immigrant rates down to 170,000 per year. The $30 billion in his election pledges he can break them all and it would not matter at all.

Tony Abbott will stop the boats.

STOP THE BOATS!!!

STOP THE BOATS!!!

STOP THE BOATS!!!

As much as I hate what labour did to Kevin Rudd I will most likely vote for them again as the alternative in my opinion is far worse.

A couple of things stand out for me and those are work choices and the GST tax, both of which were pushed through by the liberals.

Ultimately I just can't in good conscience vote for the Liberals.

@OP

As much as people are disappointed with the current government, I believe the majority are too scared of work choices making a comeback hence they will vote for labour.

Just my 2 cents.