By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
dtewi said:

Semi-bandwagony?

I have seeked out scum. I have voted for two people today and they weren't bandwagoning.

And prof, why do you suspect me?

No, you voted for 3 people - hatmoza while a lot of other people were going all wild saying he was scum, and then when hatmoza showed up you voted for Vetteman (not bandwagon-y, this one, hence the "almost") and then nikells, who you voted using the same reasoning TruckOSaurus had said a few posts up. From what you said on that post, it looked like you weren't doing it because of hatmoza's plan. 

I admit there are other people who are more suspicious than you, I just haven't gotten around to re-read the thready fully and post my full suspicions. 

Also, post your suspicions, dtewi. 

not to mention the quick move to vote nikells while he was away. It almost looked like he was going to be lynched with the votes coming in so quickly.

You do realize my actions wouldn't have changed even if wasn't leaving?

Oh I do realize that? Oh you're right, I can read your mind. That means you're innocent. 

Relax, you're enough of a small fry that you won't be lynched for a couple days at least.

Do you honestly think my actions would have even changed if he was staying?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

Would you agree that titan's names = mafia?

I dunno who Titan is.

sorry "titan names"

That makes sense.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Hephaestos said:

sorry,

1) the whole message idea that fits perfectly with Kantor's role

2) the content of the message, targeting me.

If Hat had found me out, he would not have had to use this trick, having already the town's support, he could just have had said "I found the sk, LET'S LYNCH HIM".

Here's a summary of what I understand:

You are Kratos, the serial killer.  On Day One you read Hatmoza's plea for you to come forward and be cured, but you did not do so because you were only 50% sure he was genuine, although you asked for logistical details and left clues to your identity, primarily ones wrapped around Akuma. 

You also didn't step forward because you feared the proven possibility that the mafia could recruit you into their ranks.  You did not want to join the mafia because you are currently on vacation.

During the night, you, the serial killer, killed patapon.  That was because he'd claimed to be Kratos, because his goofy plan, and generally because he was acting like patapon.

On Day Two you held your tongue until Hatmoza put out his list of suspects.  You found your name listed, so you eventually stepped forward.  If your name had not been on the list, you would have tried to steer hatmoza back on the right track.  You now trusted hatmoza because of the message hatmoza received from Kantor.  The last time you were a serial killer, you believed Final-Fan's claim, but did not step forward, preferring instead to keep him around as a safety net.  That net died too quickly, though.

You're not sure that there is no mafia recruiter, but you felt that you had no choice because hatmoza ____ (please fill in).  You didn't want to come out like this, but see above.

Is this an accurate assessment?  Is there anything I'm missing, or that I've gotten wrong?

theprof00 said:

Ok so we have 5 ways to kill someone in a day. Totally balanced. Oh and we killed our own teammate. Whoever is the night time vigilante is retarded. Right?

PS: this game is easy.

It can be tough to be a vigilante.  Last game the vig killed the cop and another pro-town player.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

Ok so we have 5 ways to kill someone in a day. Totally balanced. Oh and we killed our own teammate. Whoever is the night time vigilante is retarded. Right?

PS: this game is easy.

It can be tough to be a vigilante.  Last game the vig killed the cop and another pro-town player.

You're never going to let that go, are you? 

Around the Network

Now that we know who the SK is (Heph), what does everyone think about Vetteman, SciFiBoy and Silver-tiger when they were quick to agree with OTHER people's analysis and vote Hatmoza? That was scum behaviour right there. I'm guessing at least one of those three could be Mafia. Noname was in my original list of possible scum, but I forgot about his idea of everyone revealing their Godd of War names; something that a MAfia probably wouldn't do.

Also, while reading through the posts, I never agreed with Hatmoza's plan to lynch Nikells. And I'm surprised that no one brought up the fact that the town should have waited for Heph to post his shit before going ahead with Hatmoza's plan.

I also want to hear from Squilliam and nen-suer. Mainly Squilliam because he hasn't posted much, and what he has posted doesn't seem pro-townish.

And where the hell has Supermario gone? I swear this guy doesn't really even give a shit when he plays Mafia games. And where the hell is that explanation about why Supermario fosed me with no evidence, cos he was apperently "working on it"

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

Would you agree that titan's names = mafia?

I dunno who Titan is.

sorry "titan names"

That makes sense.

good i knew you would.

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:

not that you would've killed nikells, but the path we were on was a losing situation in which we would lose one of two important players.

Heph should die, honestly. We don't need the extra killing power, and he could easily be recruited still. If the mafia has a role blocker, they could block hat and recruit heph themselves.

heph needs to be killed so we can save ourselves.

What are you talking about? 

If hatmoza targets him then heph goes to our (the town) side. Regardless if hatmoza dies tonight, Heph could turn vigilante. 

Heph already IS a vigilante. He gave complete reason why he killed patapon. He is in control of his killing.

Listen, if there is a mafia roleblocker, which is not beyond reason, they can block hat.

Two options then remain. If they do have their own recruiter, they could take heph, OR, if they don't they can just kill heph. 

Or, more cunningly, they could just kill hat, because we will doctor heph thinking that he will become town, and then kill heph the next night.

No

Heph is a serial Killer. Serial killers are always in control of their killing, so I don't see where you're taking that from. Vigilante is simply a pro-town serial killer, to put it in simplest terms. 

I'll just quote myself for the rest: 

"Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

If it becomes obvious that heph isn't in our side, then we lynch him. There's no way he can win still being a SK anymore, he's already exposed."

Also, Just because the mafia could kill heph, doesn't mean we should kill him ourselves. That makes no sense. 

I didn't mean that he IS a vigilante, but that he wants to kill as if he were a vigilante. Why else would he explain his killing of patapon. He didn't mean to. He is in control of his killing and could kill for us regardless of whether he is cured. 

And he will do this for us simply because HE CANNOT WIN at this point. He is doomed. Even if he joins us, we will lose because we will be focusing on protecting a killing role rather than ourselves. Having a killing role does not help us unless we know who mafia are.

He will kill for us for a spiritual victory. There is no other option.

LOOK if they don't kill heph they will kill hat. And then who does heph kill? He hs no idea. Then the next night, who do we doctor? Heph? The mafia will just kill another one of us. 

By trying to turn Heph now, we basically lose a doctor, and hatmoza.

Absolutely none of this makes any sense.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:

not that you would've killed nikells, but the path we were on was a losing situation in which we would lose one of two important players.

Heph should die, honestly. We don't need the extra killing power, and he could easily be recruited still. If the mafia has a role blocker, they could block hat and recruit heph themselves.

heph needs to be killed so we can save ourselves.

What are you talking about? 

If hatmoza targets him then heph goes to our (the town) side. Regardless if hatmoza dies tonight, Heph could turn vigilante. 

Heph already IS a vigilante. He gave complete reason why he killed patapon. He is in control of his killing.

Listen, if there is a mafia roleblocker, which is not beyond reason, they can block hat.

Two options then remain. If they do have their own recruiter, they could take heph, OR, if they don't they can just kill heph. 

Or, more cunningly, they could just kill hat, because we will doctor heph thinking that he will become town, and then kill heph the next night.

No

Heph is a serial Killer. Serial killers are always in control of their killing, so I don't see where you're taking that from. Vigilante is simply a pro-town serial killer, to put it in simplest terms. 

I'll just quote myself for the rest: 

"Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

If it becomes obvious that heph isn't in our side, then we lynch him. There's no way he can win still being a SK anymore, he's already exposed."

Also, Just because the mafia could kill heph, doesn't mean we should kill him ourselves. That makes no sense. 

I didn't mean that he IS a vigilante, but that he wants to kill as if he were a vigilante. Why else would he explain his killing of patapon. He didn't mean to. He is in control of his killing and could kill for us regardless of whether he is cured. 

And he will do this for us simply because HE CANNOT WIN at this point. He is doomed. Even if he joins us, we will lose because we will be focusing on protecting a killing role rather than ourselves. Having a killing role does not help us unless we know who mafia are.

LOOK if they don't kill heph they will kill hat. And then who does heph kill? He hs no idea. Then the next night, who do we doctor? Heph? The mafia will just kill another one of us. 

Loool, I think prof should take it a bit easy. Theres alot of things he's getting wrong.

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

I'm pretty sure he admitted it was a bad idea. 

Either that or he decided to stop arguing it. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."