By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:

There is indeed.  Now, why do you oppose the Day One Lynch?

Well feel free to share that then.   As for your question,  I have always been opposed to Day 1 lynches,  Ive even been opposed to Day 2 Lynches given the right circumstances. 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Day One Lynches:  all in favor, all opposed?  I'm in favor for this game.  I just need a target...

I don't have a clear cut opinion on the matter, it depends on the situation. For this game in particular, I'm thinking I could go ahead with a Day One Lynch.

Signature goes here!

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Vetteman94 said:

How havent we started yet,  the second post in the thread was the mod officially starting day one. He is only looking for everyone to post so he can start his timer.  

BTW, I am here and I got my role. 

OMG! You're right! Bad Khuutra bad!

How can you and Khuutra miss THAT

FOS: Both of you

I didn't read and went on autopilot because I'm used to the day starting AFTER everyone shows up.

@noname:

Before I weigh in, I wannt to know what your reasoninng is for lynching in this round.

@Our Doctor, whoever you may be:

Please, please, please protect me tonight.

Khuutra said:

@noname:

Before I weigh in, I wannt to know what your reasoninng is for lynching in this round.

Fair enough.  There's a short time limit on each day, so we need to get information now rather than dither and dally like we did last game.  If we just meekly go with the No Lynch today, we lose the chance to hear folks talk and see how they behave.

Now, what's your stance?

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

@noname:

Fair enough.  There's a short time limit on each day, so we need to get information now rather than dither and dally like we did last game.  If we just meekly go with the No Lynch today, we lose the chance to hear folks talk and see how they behave.

Now, what's your stance?

I don't follow. Lynching would shorten the day even further, and I don't know that it would actually result in more information being known unless you just send osmeone into a panic and they jsut spill their guts for no particular reason.

I'm against lynching on the first day, as I am wont to be, but if the wind blows in that direction I won't try particularly hard to stop it.

Around the Network

Hey, I'm here now, so you can cut the cake and everything.  I feel that Kantor just figured he gave away too much about his role, evil or not, i.e. "complicated" is likely to mean "very useful" which makes him a big target if he's protown. 

Also, regarding edits, I was under the impression that there was one, exactly one, way editing posts was not absolutely forbidden: 

Example:  This is an egg sample [edit:  example] of me editing a post I have VERY RECENTLY MADE.  In fact I believe the edit sign doesn't show up if you edit within 5 minutes of the original post; if it is longer ago than that, just don't edit and make a new post instead.  But absolutely never erase anything you have posted

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
@noname:

Now, what's your stance?

I don't follow. Lynching would shorten the day even further, and I don't know that it would actually result in more information being known unless you just send osmeone into a panic and they jsut spill their guts for no particular reason.

I'm against lynching on the first day, as I am wont to be, but if the wind blows in that direction I won't try particularly hard to stop it.

Well, hmm, the only way to get a lot of people talking on Day One is usually to have a threat of a lynch, which ought to be a credible threat, and many players probably just make it their default preference to go ahead and actually do it to keep things simple.  I'm perfectly happy to not lynch someone, but we also have to try to lynch someone. 

Now, I know my last post was sympathetic to Kantor, but help me remember:  Is he really so new to this that he didn't know how bad stealth editing is? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

sabby_e17 said:

I'm here and I have my role.

@mario: Why?

You seem suspicious to me like always. Don't know why exactly.

Also, if it turns out something happens where someone does look very suspicious (Me in a previous game....) I am ok with a first day lynch. If we have no leads then lynching someone would be a big mistake and would only hurt the town. So, it all depends on how this day plays out.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Final-Fan said:
Khuutra said:

Well, hmm, the only way to get a lot of people talking on Day One is usually to have a threat of a lynch, which ought to be a credible threat, and many players probably just make it their default preference to go ahead and actually do it to keep things simple.  I'm perfectly happy to not lynch someone, but we also have to try to lynch someone. 

Now, I know my last post was sympathetic to Kantor, but help me remember:  Is he really so new to this that he didn't know how bad stealth editing is? 

Probably not, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that he isn't Mafia, if I have the timeline straight in my head.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Oh and since there are newbies....

WARNING

DO NOT EDIT POSTS.

Okay