By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

I agree with this portion. I shared my thoughts on this the last game, and nothing's made me change my mind since:  subbing in a new player just breaks the flow of the game too much for my comfort, especially if the new player was previously active.  Shoot, half the reason folks are willing to suspect others has as much to do with the poster's reactions as the poster's words; anyone who was suspicious of SciFiBoy because he was jumpy and defensive, or because he suspected X person too quickly, or because he misspelled a word, etc. now has to start from square one with a player who is, in many respects, the polar opposite as SciFiBoy.

I feel bad that Final-Fan died early twice in a row, but I don't think it's wise to substitute anyone in at this point.  Much as I hate to say it, I think we should just mod-kill SciFiBoy and move on from there.

Just to point out, I think you're making a very heavy role assesment when we're not supposed to be doing anything game related at night.

I agree that it will be difficult to adapt to a different player, but you're pointing out suspicions and whether or not you meant anything by it, you're commenting on scifis role as being something suspicious.

Please refrain from this kind of argument.

theprof00 said:

Just to point out, I think you're making a very heavy role assesment when we're not supposed to be doing anything game related at night.

I agree that it will be difficult to adapt to a different player, but you're pointing out suspicions and whether or not you meant anything by it, you're commenting on scifis role as being something suspicious.

Please refrain from this kind of argument.

It is without sarcasm or snideness that I say that I have absolutely no idea how you reached that conclusion.  My point stands.

theprof00 said:

I'd like FF to come back, he is up to date, and I don't want this night to last so long.

Also, GoW3ever is UK right? So it's near 4pm his time.. What time does he usually come on?

[ghostmode]

Nobody asks for me to come back

Also, to the best of my knowledge, GoW3Ever lives in Sri Lanka

[/ghostmode]

You didn't see me here.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I have no problem with sfb being replaced by ff. The reason being that ff knows about jack-shit about his past role. GoW3vr wouldn't even have thought of asking ff to replace sfb if ff could have any kind of vital information. Plus, he doesn't, and neither do we have to worry about plausible deniability, ie, him not understanding the logic of something because only his former self would understand and therefore he restricts himself from understanding. That will not happen, because he doesn't know anything.

Additionally, if sfb was town, then town would keep it's size. Simply replacing one player with another. I have no problem with that.

If sfb was mafia, he was barely suspected anyhow. There are at least 3 people ahead of the line before sfb. To me, and in all fairness, a replacement doesn't seem to change the odds either way.

But a modkill, could hurt either team, with a higher chance of hurting town, but certainly, it is a random bonus. For mafia to lose sfb2 COULD be crippling, for town, he could be the last informative role, which COULD also be crippling.

It is up to everyone to make the call, but even if it is not FF, hopefully we can settle this with a different replacement.

So I vote 1, or heph's #3

Around the Network
Kantor said:
theprof00 said:

I'd like FF to come back, he is up to date, and I don't want this night to last so long.

Also, GoW3ever is UK right? So it's near 4pm his time.. What time does he usually come on?

[ghostmode]

Nobody asks for me to come back

Also, to the best of my knowledge, GoW3Ever lives in Sri Lanka

[/ghostmode]

You didn't see me here.

You know too much. :P

I vote #1 or a totally new player if we have someone crazy enough to read this whole thread.

I also vote for people to stop talking during night time. ;)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I vote #1 or a totally new player if we have someone crazy enough to read this whole thread.

I also vote for people to stop talking during night time. ;)

Vetteman94 said:
@ Final-Fan
Have you read the entire thread up until now?

Yes, completely.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!