By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Gamestop Employees Should NEVER, Ever Speak (Funny yet Stupid Story)!

makingmusic476

GAMESTOP EMPLOYEE, SEIZE AND BAN!

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

With the proliferation and availability of information available to consumers by means of the internet, it only makes sense (to me, anyway) to NEVER walk into a store to make a major purchase without informing yourself.  To leave yourself at the mercy of (sometimes commissioned) salespeople that, for me, have consistently not been as informed about the products they are selling as I have been is just not a smart thing to do.

Knowledge is power.  Check this sig, yo.↓

yo_john117 said:
leo-j said:

I think I should work at a game store..

you'd be perfect!  If you worked at a game store you could tell people things like GT PSP has better graphics then Forza 3

OT: All the gamestops that I have ever been to (I've been to about 6 gamestops in various parts of Minnesota) have had very awesome and knowledgeable employees....One time I went to my gamestop in Lino Lakes to sell an extra Guitar Hero World tour game for the 360 and he told me I would only get $1.50 for it, and then he said I should go to this locally owned Game store in a mall nearby and sell it there cause I would probably get more money for it.

yep, and nobody could prove me wrong =)

mM

ya I try to avoid conversation with EB Games / Gamestop employees

I don't know I love my gamestop. The manger always points me to the hidden wii gems or overlooked ds games. He just reffered me to Sin and Punishment which I find qutie good. Though sometimes he tries to get me to get games that are too niche but it gives me confidence that he plays a variety of games instead of just Fps.

Around the Network
pokeclaudel said:

I don't know I love my gamestop. The manger always points me to the hidden wii gems or overlooked ds games. He just reffered me to Sin and Punishment which I find qutie good. Though sometimes he tries to get me to get games that are too niche but it gives me confidence that he plays a variety of games instead of just Fps.

Theres suspicious individual who are ready to do anything in order to earn 1 more dollar, whatever is the business. If your getting good service at your current Gamestop no reason to change.

"After confirming that the store manager in fact did not know what fuck he was talking about"

wrong, he knew exactly what the fuck he was talking about, he was trained to do this shit.

i am no fan of gamestop....i rarely go there for anything anymore.  But, the people at the store in my area are really nice.  I prefer amazon now, you can get some killer deals.  Like when i bought galaxy 2 for 50 and got a 20 dollar credit and then used that towards Other M and then got another 20 dollar credit.  So i got Metroid for 30 dolllars and i have 20 more to spend of whatever

"even a dead god still dreams"

You guys sitting here just ragging and hateing on Gamestop should def chill out.  

I work for Gamestop and I love it.  Yeah your gonna get some dumb and biased employees sometimes but you'll get that anywhere.

The amount of hate we get all the time gets pretty annoying to us employees who actually try our best to help out fellow gamers.