By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced!

disolitude said:

Hope they use a new engine.

Stalker games look like poop compared to something like... Metro2033


Graphics don't make that much of a difference to me, but i've got the perfect solution for you

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/news/stalker-complete-2009-release

Graphics revamped, bugs fixed, atmosphere untouched but gameplay enhanced... Hell, the Stalkers now play harmonica around the campfire as well

Enjoy, man. You could also download L.U.R.K. or Oblivion Lost if you've already played the game and want a completely new experience without losing the great atmosphere




Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

Think I may have found my new hype target!!



                                                                                                             

So is this PC exclusive?



It will hopefully be more like the original and not like the others

 

oh and shio 4 million sales across 3 games for one of the few good exclusive FPS/RPG series left on the PC doesn't really prove that PC isn't dead...



Barozi said:

It will hopefully be more like the original and not like the others

 

oh and shio 4 million sales across 3 games for one of the few good exclusive FPS/RPG series left on the PC doesn't really prove that PC isn't dead...

Considering that none of the Stalker games ever topped PC charts, It is a strong argument in favour of PC Gaming being stronger than ever.

Also, Stalker is the ONLY good FPS/RPG series today in any platform, yet it's only on PC. Consoles don't have any FPS/RPG hybrids. It came from an unknown independent developer from an under-developed nation, yet they made a high quality, multi-million selling product with no advertisement and a low budget. This can only happen on PC



Around the Network
shio said:
Barozi said:

It will hopefully be more like the original and not like the others

 

oh and shio 4 million sales across 3 games for one of the few good exclusive FPS/RPG series left on the PC doesn't really prove that PC isn't dead...

Considering that none of the Stalker games ever topped PC charts, It is a strong argument in favour of PC Gaming being stronger than ever.

Also, Stalker is the ONLY good FPS/RPG series today in any platform, yet it's only on PC. Consoles don't have any FPS/RPG hybrids. It came from an unknown independent developer from an under-developed nation, yet they made a high quality, multi-million selling product with no advertisement and a low budget. This can only happen on PC

I actually was talking about FPS AND RPG, not necessarily hybrids like Stalker, Borderlands or Fallout 3.

Also it's not surprising at all that none of them ever topped a PC chart considering 50% or more purchasers live in former Sowjet Union countries.

GSC is far from being an unknown studio. Cossacks series is quite popular among PC gamers at the time.

And given that STALKER was hyped as hell since 2001 it's no surprise it sold that well.

Ukraine isn't that under-developed either. Maybe the people outside of the big cities, but that has hardly anything to do with that dev studio...



That's great. Looking forward to it.



 

 

 

 

 

Boutros said:

So is this PC exclusive?


It damn well better be. A console S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game would ruin the experience.



Flow said:
disolitude said:

Hope they use a new engine.

Stalker games look like poop compared to something like... Metro2033


Graphics don't make that much of a difference to me, but i've got the perfect solution for you

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/news/stalker-complete-2009-release

Graphics revamped, bugs fixed, atmosphere untouched but gameplay enhanced... Hell, the Stalkers now play harmonica around the campfire as well

Enjoy, man. You could also download L.U.R.K. or Oblivion Lost if you've already played the game and want a completely new experience without losing the great atmosphere

but the real STALKER game is in creation too !!

by the creator of priboi story ==>>>>>>>>>> the mod "LOST ALPHA"

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

THAT is a good mod !



Time to Work !

Barozi said:

It will hopefully be more like the original and not like the others

 

oh and shio 4 million sales across 3 games for one of the few good exclusive FPS/RPG series left on the PC doesn't really prove that PC isn't dead...


well 2 million for the original  aprox 1 mill each for the sequels for three low budget (compared to most games) full of bugs that put off many people, with little to no advertising is hardly what I would call bad. But shio does like his hyperbole lol. 



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!