By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you happen to live in the northern hemisphere?

I've already seen a meteor shower. Besides, I think I'm too late.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

UK?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

UK?

Also yes..

Lolwut? I went outside at night to try to spot one for the past few days and I haven't seen anything yet. I live in California by the way.

Here in Northern Italy we had the last day of good weather the first day of the shower, when it wasn't very intense, I couldn't see any even coming back from dancing through a mountain road where the sky was clearer than from the seafront one and the background light weaker and less disturbing, the day after it was cloudy, then it started raining,  being stormy and here and there even hailing, now it just stopped raining but it's still cloudy. So no Tears of St Lawrence this year...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I was excited to see it but it is way too cloudy.  I saw one a few years ago, we were in the middle of the woods on a hunting trip with no lights and clear skies, I was floored.

I should be able to see The Perseids today/tomorrow as it is predicted to be clear during midnight and it should stay clear until the reaches of daytime. That is the predicted weather forecast for the South of the UK (Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex etc.). 

Clear sky with few small clouds, finally, but coming back from a Salsa Festival in Savona very late, I was too tired to drive to the top of a mountain to try to watch the last ones, so I drove directly to home. Well, next year, then, weather permitting...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The weather forecasters got it wrong and for most of the night it was cloudy with very few stars visible, perhaps I shall try tomorrow.