By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game ideas thread (again)

patapon said:

Alright, I suck at this but...

My game revolves around a premise simpler than drinking toilet water, you just dance. No accuracy, no cleaver game mechanics, you won't even see yourself playing on the TV screen. Waggling yourself around like a crackhead in a strait jacket is not only recommended, but vital. My idea is to essentially make a glorified light show whose only purpose is to annoy the living fuck out of pets trying to fall asleep on the couch after you mindlessly left the stupid thing on!!!!!! Oh yea, I forgot to mention that along with the light show, it'll have a selection of overplayed pop songs for listening displeasure.

I don't have a name for this atrocity because let's be honest, it doesn't deserve one. And I've also concluded that the only audience willing to dish out cash for this thing is mentally challenged rodents and Leo-j.

So there you have it folks! I bet no sane person would ever consider this piece of $#!%

EDIT: Hmmm... that's strange. I just got a call from Ubisoft...

i had a good laugh!

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

flight of the fire fly is a traditional turn based RPG

considering it's an RPG you should know where this is going. a fancy sword swigging lunatic with a cross bow, a guy with a battle ax, a female archer that will eventually master the elements, a chick with a book of spells, and summoning abilities and the most powerful sorcerer to ever live take on an even more powerful evil sorcerer.

combining there abilities is key with a ever changing environment this would be one of the best RPG'S ever made.

It sounds cool, let's hope some game developers pick this idea.

(I'll come back in a few minutes to post my idea for a game, I'm not good at this but I'll try.)

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

I don't know how to call my game and I also don't know how it will work exactly, but I have at least the basics:

We all know that there are so many FPS games out there, especially games about World War II. My game would be set in WWII (could also be another war) as well, but you're not a soldier, you're a civilian who experiences all the evils of a war. Basically you have to survive, probably by hiding yourself and your family from the enemy soldiers, by providing/getting enough food and water, by escaping enemy troops, etc.

I don't how a game like this could be made engaging enough so that you want to go on with the story, but basically it's a good idea, I guess.

It could be that I read something like similar a few years ago somewhere in the internet, but I'm not sure, so I posted it.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:

I don't know how to call my game and I also don't know how it will work exactly, but I have at least the basics:

We all know that there are so many FPS games out there, especially games about World War II. My game would be set in WWII (could also be another war) as well, but you're not a soldier, you're a civilian who experiences all the evils of a war. Basically you have to survive, probably by hiding yourself and your family from the enemy soldiers, by providing/getting enough food and water, by escaping enemy troops, etc.

I don't how a game like this could be made engaging enough so that you want to go on with the story, but basically it's a good idea, I guess.

It could be that I read something like similar a few years ago somewhere in the internet, but I'm not sure, so I posted it.

So a Survival game in a war/hostile setting? Sound really cool. You can mix in gaming mechanics of horror games, puzzle games, stealth games, etc. You can definetly create a compelling story, with some missions involving like say, your son dissapearing and you have to find him. Deciding whether or not to rescue someone you see from a group of soldiers, etc. You'll have to use problem solving for all of them.

Maybe David Cage can get on it?

Akvod said:
snfr said:

So a Survival game in a war/hostile setting? Sound really cool. You can mix in gaming mechanics of horror games, puzzle games, stealth games, etc. You can definetly create a compelling story, with some missions involving like say, your son dissapearing and you have to find him. Deciding whether or not to rescue someone you see from a group of soldiers, etc. You'll have to use problem solving for all of them.

lol, that's exactly what I thought. David Cage working on something like this could end up in a really great game. If anyone can make this game happen it's definitly him. :)

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

Around the Network
snfr said:
Akvod said:
snfr said:

lol, that's exactly what I thought. David Cage working on something like this could end up in a really great game. If anyone can make this game happen it's definitly him. :)

Never played this, but is the kind of game play you're looking for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_Report

See, I wish I could participate but all my musings are way too complicated. I essentially want to bring back classic WRPG's, since they've changed dramatically in the last decade and have been dumbed down (IMO) since the mid to late 90's.

Perhaps my greatest goal would be to create a game that parodies games, an RPG where everyone has lost their voice, and must use text in order to communicate. I am not among the majority of gamers that thinks voice acting is necessary in games, ESPECIALLY for RPG's. Sure, it's great for cutscenes, but I don't want to listen to someone talk every time I communicate with a character, especially since I'm done reading what they're saying 10 seconds before they finish. I really don't like how talking stops gameplay in those scenarios.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Akvod said:
snfr said:
Akvod said:

Never played this, but is the kind of game play you're looking for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_Report

Ah, not really. It goes in a similar direction, but not really what I'd imagine.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

I ant to be able to hunt dinosaurs. Not like the newer Turok, but kind of like what was hinted at in the first game on the N64.

You'd play a savage (possibly pre-human) in an alternate past where dinosaurs and humanity walked the Earth at the same time, and it's your job to hunt them for meat and for protection. You would track them down according to signs that are unique to each species - you might be able to tell if youre tracking specific carnivores by the condition of their prey - and kill them in ways appropriate to it. You ocould set traps, herd them into impassable areas, and use primitive weapons in terrifying ways.

I have the image of a man dropping out of a tree and onto a Triceratop's back, sinking a knife made out of obsidian between the vetebrae of the creature in order to bring it down.

I don't describe it well, but I think it would be very fun to play. Dinosaus could be these huge god-creatures that you would have every reason to fear, and the biggest challenges - like the Tyrannosaur - would make for some of the best boss fights (so to speak) ever conceived.

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>Sorcery said:</strong><br /><p>See, I wish I could participate but all my musings are way too complicated. I essentially want to bring back classic WRPG's, since they've changed dramatically in the last decade and have been dumbed down (IMO) since the mid to late 90's.</p> <p> </p> <p>Perhaps my greatest goal would be to create a game that parodies games, an RPG where everyone has lost their voice, and must use text in order to communicate. I am not among the majority of gamers that thinks voice acting is necessary in games, ESPECIALLY for RPG's. Sure, it's great for cutscenes, but I don't want to listen to someone talk every time I communicate with a character, especially since I'm done reading what they're saying 10 seconds before they finish. I really don't like how talking stops gameplay in those scenarios.</p></td></tr></table><br /><br />