By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady GaGa to release new album with genre defining music

SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

Westlife were massively popular like that once.

So was Elvis. And the Beatles. And Madonna. And Michael Jackson.

Wonder what happened to them.

They died...

Michael Jackson was back on the upswing at the time of his death. His last album "This is it" is one of the best I've ever heard, with the exception of the remastering of Black or White.

Madonna is not dead!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Here's a review on her latest concert:

http://culturemob.com/blog/review-lady-gaga-invades-the-staples-center-with-her-monster-ball-tour#comments

mM
Seece said:
leo-j said:
Seece said:

"Here's a confrimed piece to be in the new album"

Er ... I like Lady Gaga, but that song is nothing even close to original or genre defining ???

has nothing to do with the rest of the songs, it's a ballad and one of the only ballads on the albums!

Kk, so her entire new sound isn't going to be genre defining, just a few songs?

I look forward to hearing them, cos that song in the OP isn't impressive IMO.

idk she said it herself.. I can't tell you if its genre defining or not?

mM

Imo it's quicky cocky to call your own work 'genre defining', 'the anthem for our generation', or 'best of the decade', especially considering it hasn't been released yet. O_o'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Imo it's quicky cocky to call your own work 'genre defining', 'the anthem for our generation', or 'best of the decade', especially considering it hasn't been released yet. O_o'

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Lady Gaga's lyrics do not... mean... anything.  They aren't inspiring a generation to distrust authority or to try to stop a war or to think for themselves or to believe in themselves.  They're "cherry cherry boom boom" and "I want to take a ride on your disco stick."  It's mindless bubble gum dance pop!  And that's okay!  There's nothing wrong with fun catchy pop dance tunes!  They can be great fun!  BUT STOP PRETENDING SHE IS THE VOICE OF A GENERATION AND CHANGING MUSIC.

THIS! I am actually appalled that someone even thinks about this bitch like she was some kind of legend. To even mention GaGa when talking about musical legends is not only a disgrace, it's fucking disrespectful. No, I don't listen to The Beatles, nor do I listen to MJ, Nirvana, Elvis or any of the artist mentioned here in this thread, but I still recognize everything they have done for culture, society, music and so many other aspects of the world they touched with their music. Lady GaGa has done jack shit but selling her body on MTV and making amazingly crappy "music". Boys, get your hands out of your pants and get some cultural knowledge, it's a disgrace...

akuseru said:

Lady Gaga's lyrics do not... mean... anything.  They aren't inspiring a generation to distrust authority or to try to stop a war or to think for themselves or to believe in themselves.  They're "cherry cherry boom boom" and "I want to take a ride on your disco stick."  It's mindless bubble gum dance pop!  And that's okay!  There's nothing wrong with fun catchy pop dance tunes!  They can be great fun!  BUT STOP PRETENDING SHE IS THE VOICE OF A GENERATION AND CHANGING MUSIC.

THIS! I am actually appalled that someone even thinks about this bitch like she was some kind of legend. To even mention GaGa when talking about musical legends is not only a disgrace, it's fucking disrespectful. No, I don't listen to The Beatles, nor do I listen to MJ, Nirvana, Elvis or any of the artist mentioned here in this thread, but I still recognize everything they have done for culture, society, music and so many other aspects of the world they touched with their music. Lady GaGa has done jack shit but selling her body on MTV and making amazingly crappy "music". Boys, get your hands out of your pants and get some cultural knowledge, it's a disgrace...

Question to you and everyone else on these forums who seems to hate her - Why has she sold so many records?

And one to you... If it's down to boys with hands in there pants... Why does she also have a huge female following?

akuseru said:

MTV is no longer playing her vidoes or her music

mM
leo-j said:
akuseru said:

MTV is no longer playing her vidoes or her music

:O Why?

VH1, MTV, and um anything releated to MTV is no longer playing music from the following artists:

Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Lady GaGa, and um otehr artists that aren't as well known.

Vevo has a contract, and mtv is not part of that, so they are forced to take there videos off, IN FACT she may not even PERFORM at the VMAS.

mM