By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Final Fantasy IV ( DS ) thread

Entroper said:
I think it looks like crap. The disconnect between the cinematics and the in-game models is far, far worse than it was in FF7/FF8. It pisses me off, because they could have done so much more with this game. FFIV deserves far better.

Is your only complain about cinematics ? Because there should be FMV only at the beginning and at the end ( maybe ).

There rest of story telling should be describe using in-game engine. 

@Gamingdevil

What are your first impression on ToI ? I'm rellay interested .... 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
celine said:
endurance said:
the game seems cool,but i dont know if i will buy it since i have never played a FF before,and i dont know if i will like them

There is always the first time for everything  

yeah i was thinking about it since this looks great

Faxanadu said:
uhoh, anothe FF rehash. who hasnt played this game before? why be hyped about the 200th remake of FFIV?

Personally I'm interested because FF4 was a turning point for the serie but for some reason ( like the need to be launched near the Super Famicom introduction ) it can't achieve its full potential.

For example 3/4 of the original game was scrapped out in the final version ...

Just my 2 cents. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I personally am interested in it. I really like the voice acting and I can't wait to see the towns, people and everything in 3D. Also I know there will be some extras and such so I can't wait!

ahh, sweet memories. I remember I felt emotional when the twins sacrificed.

Around the Network

Also, I think this game's story is far too huge to fit on a 2.5" screen. I played the GBA version on my Game Boy Player on my TV, but there's no equivalent device for the DS.  :(

Must've had a server hiccup or something ...

Anyway, I had to quote myself from my failure thread:

Dolla Dolla said:

Looks good, sounds good. It is good.

Why did I buy it on GBA? :( Now I have to pay for it again!!

Bah, at least, I will have played the original :)

I will get this for sure..When I don't know...But I will get it.

oh wow, i didn't even know they were making a remake of this game. This is one of the first FFs that i beat and it just so happens to also be one of my favorite. I'm picking this up for sure. i hope they add some new stuff like dungeons like they did on the psp remakes.