By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Final Fantasy IV ( DS ) thread

fabledgamer said:
oh wow, i didn't even know they were making a remake of this game. This is one of the first FFs that i beat and it just so happens to also be one of my favorite. I'm picking this up for sure. i hope they add some new stuff like dungeons like they did on the psp remakes.

They remade FFIV for the GBA, and added two new dungeons.  Once you defeat the Giant and gain access to the final dungeon, you can go back to Mysidia and switch party members with all the characters who are praying for you (so you can go beat up on Zemus's legions with Palom, Porom, Yang, and Cid if you want).  One of the new dungeons rewards you with new items for these characters, since the final dungeon only has items for the original 5 endgame characters.

Finally, once you beat the game, a new dungeon on the Moon is unlocked.  It's incredibly long and incredibly difficult, and has a special challenge for each character whom you've beaten the game with.  Lots of new uber-bosses to kill and uber-items to collect.  A very worthwhile addition IMO that extends the gameplay by about 10 hours if you want to complete all the challenges.

Around the Network

Memories...All the sacrifices.Palom,Parom,Yang...This time with voiceacting.Is anyone getting goose bumps besides me???

Quality for Life

The fact that their heads are so much larger than their bodies annoys me so the art style is a miss.  The CG versions you get to see at 3:05 are pretty awesome though.  Wish they'd gone in that direction instead.