By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - According to Metacritic, this game is pretty good!

4 reviews. There's your answer.

Around the Network

meh

Severance said:

Whoever looks at Meta Ratings to find a game to buy is flat out dumb.

I must be pretty stupid then...

OT: I don't get what's going on.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

so...whats the problem here?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

A game review is only supposed to compare the game for it's target audience, against other games for that audience. A higher score doesn't mean it's better, only considered (by critics) to be better for the appropriate audience. Basically, they are saying they think kids will enjoy the game more than the snobcore will enjoy Mario Kart Wii. What's wrong with a game for kids that adults won't like having a good score when kids will enjoy it? I think this is a rare example of a Wii game being reviewed well.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Around the Network
Vectorferret said:

A game review is only supposed to compare the game for it's target audience, against other games for that audience. A higher score doesn't mean it's better, only considered (by critics) to be better for the appropriate audience. Basically, they are saying they think kids will enjoy the game more than the snobcore will enjoy Mario Kart Wii. What's wrong with a game for kids that adults won't like having a good score when kids will enjoy it? I think this is a rare example of a Wii game being reviewed well.

The problem is that they should have been doing this from the beginning, not just starting it now out of nowhere.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Vectorferret said:

The problem is that they should have been doing this from the beginning, not just starting it now out of nowhere.

Here is a link to the site which gave that game 100/100.

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/just-adventure?filter=games

Other notable perfect games by them:

Stupid Invaders

Dark Fall: The Journal

Riddle of the Sphinx 2: The Omega Stone

Conspiracies

A Quiet Weekend in Capri

Electroplankton

Bone: Out From Boneville

Scratches

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure

Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle

The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript

Cooking Mama: Cook Off

Culpa Innata

There is some more but I got bored then I noticed that they have given perfect score for more than 60 games. This is what reviewers should have been doing from the beginning?

Severance said:

Not necessarily. Metacritic is how I wound up getting Cave Story (It had a score of 90, which is pretty high for a WiiWare title).

People who try to use Metacritic as a way to justify their fanboyism are the dumb ones (as in "lol, my game got a 89 and yours only got 85, that game sux!)

Mr. Fister said:
Severance said:

Not necessarily. Metacritic is how I wound up getting Cave Story (It had a score of 90, which is pretty high for a WiiWare title).

People who try to use Metacritic as a way to justify their fanboyism are the dumb ones (as in "lol, my game got a 89 and yours only got 85, that game sux!)

I believe Severance is noting the individuals who look at the Metarankings on aggregate sites then immediately decides a game with high scores is what they are looking for and dive in for a purchase, without doing any kind of sensible research on the game itself.

In your situation with Cave Story, it appears as though you were only made aware of the games existence (or it's quality) through Metacritic's high average. Not that you specifically searched for a game to buy, stumbled across it and then immediately decided it was what you wanted.

How technical is your game?

just by looking at it i'm calling BS