By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart - Week Ending 07th Aug 2010

I don't get the panic over GT5, its gonna be a huge hit and will probably have a similar week one in america to GoW. And in Europe its debut will be massive, probably double that of its American launch.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Hell yeah!! Halo Reach is ahead of MW2 now!

But I still don't think Reach will have a bigger opening then MW2 (It will be quite close to it though)

Funtime said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

it will be interesting to see Madden week 1 numbers

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Machina said:

Look forward to seeing the Reach V MW2 comparison chart. I think Reach might've taken the lead this week ^^

Also, 1 week to go and 360 Madden is still some way behind the PS3 version... and yet, surely the 360 version will outsell it on the first week by quite some way? Wonder why PS3 has higher pre-orders.

TLG slipped out of the top 50 :(

Exclusive marketing....have been saying it since a long time back. EA <3 Sony these days for some reason.

Lack of info on the game I guess...it doesn't even have a release date....

And about GT5...I guess its safe to start worrying now. :O

US buys the popular thing and racing isn't popular so

but GT5 will still do atleast 4million in US

The US doesn't buy what's popular. The US makes things popular by buying them.

that is confusing

its more like when  some hardcore game is getting good reviews and being reported in news US just follow and buy that game

Im not worried about GT5 because its bigger in Europe.  The Nascar may help it out in America but a lot of Nascar fans don't know that GT5 has Nascar.  I still need to pre-order it.

PSN ID: getrdone25

those are gigantic gt5 numbers!!! at that rate halo reach better watch out

Around the Network
matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Once sony starts advertising GT5 like Microsoft is doing Halo reach then it will start to gain preorders. Also I am planning on buying GT5 but did not preorder yet because i think its too early and i suppose there are many people like me. Is there a way to see preorders for for GT5 in Europe? Because after Gamescom I think many people in Europe will start reserving it.

There hasn't been any Reach ads yet.

Is kinect adventures the same for the kinect camera?

yes there are. On the discovery channel there are at least 2 reach ads every 30 minutes. (when i was watching cashcab)

SpartenOmega117 said:
matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Once sony starts advertising GT5 like Microsoft is doing Halo reach then it will start to gain preorders. Also I am planning on buying GT5 but did not preorder yet because i think its too early and i suppose there are many people like me. Is there a way to see preorders for for GT5 in Europe? Because after Gamescom I think many people in Europe will start reserving it.

yes there are. On the discovery channel there are at least 2 reach ads every 30 minutes. (when i was watching cashcab)

That's just the teaser ad. Consider it first few drops of rain before a hurrican. MS said there's going to be an epic live action campaign so Halo Reach exposure has only just barely started. If you think a teaser ad is a lot then you better prepare yourself for MS marketing at it's best.

kain_kusanagi said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

That's just the teaser ad. Consider it first few drops of rain before a hurrican. MS said there's going to be an epic live action campaign so Halo Reach exposure has only just barely started. If you think a teaser ad is a lot then you better prepare yourself for MS marketing at it's best.

its actually a fairly long ad. 30-45 seconds im guessing

SpartenOmega117 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

its actually a fairly long ad. 30-45 seconds im guessing

It's nothing but quick cuts and music. No story, character, dialog, etc. It may be 30 seconds, but there's very little to take away or get people pumped. It's just a beautiful teaser with a tragic theme. It catches your eye, but it leaves you with questions. Like I said, MS has a big live action campaign planed that nobody has seen anything of yet. The blitz is still yet to hit.

Good number for Metroid, I think it could reach 150000 preorders, and 500000 week 1... with good legs it could make a million on its first month in America only... & maybe 300000 europe, 100000 Jap, so total first month could be somewhere between 1 or 1.5 millions ww...

Well, hopefully I am right....  

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064