By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart - Week Ending 07th Aug 2010

TauKappaNASA said:

when is the advertising for GT5 supposed to kick in?

I'm thinking after GC

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Attoyou said:

GT5 Is fine. People were Expecting too much.

Pretty much this. People where just expecting way too much from this game. Saying it's a system seller and going to sell over 10 million units unless Europe goes crazy for this I just don't see it selling over 10 million or unless Sony decides to heavily bundle it like they did with GT5 Prologue then it won't sell over 10 million  on it's own.  It will still do well just not as well many people are predicting. People gotta realize that the PS3 doesn't have  the 100 million plus units the PS2 did. It will still do good and it might actually get a big boost once the reviews start coming in and assuming they are over 9 and 10's then that might get more people interested in it.

Wow at Halo Reach and people where saying this  Franchise was starting to get fatigue and people were losing interest...... Fable 3 is doing great as always hope the sales for it sustain. At this rate like I said last week it might outsell GT5 in america that's a great achievement considering there isn't much hype around this game (Fable 3) right now and a lot of people are expecting a lot from GT5.

I think people's expectations are too high for GT5 in the US. They're fine. Bear in mind also, marketing hasn't kicked in yet, and GT games aren't as front-loaded as Halo games are. It's of utmost importance though, that Sony strongly advertise the NASCAR aspect of the game, as I've said before. From what I know NASCAR fans are very brand loyal, and if this is true, word of mouth could help a lot here.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

I think people's expectations are too high for GT5 in the US. They're fine. Bear in mind also, marketing hasn't kicked in yet, and GT games aren't as front-loaded as Halo games are. It's of utmost importance though, that Sony strongly advertise the NASCAR aspect of the game, as I've said before. From what I know NASCAR fans are very brand loyal, and if this is true, word of mouth could help a lot here.

I don't think so. None of the NASCAR games have put good numbers, except for the Ps1 games. I think GT'll sell to the people that actually like the series but I'm not sure if this game'll put new fans.

blue7x7 said:
Attoyou said:

GT5 Is fine. People were Expecting too much.

Pretty much this. People where just expecting way too much from this game. Saying it's a system seller and going to sell over 10 million units unless Europe goes crazy for this I just don't see it selling over 10 million or unless Sony decides to heavily bundle it like they did with GT5 Prologue then it won't sell over 10 million  on it's own.  It will still do well just not as well many people are predicting. People gotta realize that the PS3 doesn't have  the 100 million plus units the PS2 did. It will still do good and it might actually get a big boost once the reviews start coming in and assuming they are over 9 and 10's then that might get more people interested in it.

Wow at Halo Reach and people where saying this  Franchise was starting to get fatigue and people were losing interest...... Fable 3 is doing great as always hope the sales for it sustain. At this rate like I said last week it might outsell GT5 in america that's a great achievement considering there isn't much hype around this game (Fable 3) right now and a lot of people are expecting a lot from GT5.

I agree about Fable outselling GT5, given Fable II has done higher in America than any PS3 exclusive to release there, it's game on!

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

Once sony starts advertising GT5 like Microsoft is doing Halo reach then it will start to gain preorders. Also I am planning on buying GT5 but did not preorder yet because i think its too early and i suppose there are many people like me. Is there a way to see preorders for for GT5 in Europe? Because after Gamescom I think many people in Europe will start reserving it.

There hasn't been any Reach ads yet.

Is kinect adventures the same for the kinect camera?

Hm, I wonder if Civilization 5 is not tracked or if it is tracked but doesn't make it to the Top 50.

matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Once sony starts advertising GT5 like Microsoft is doing Halo reach then it will start to gain preorders. Also I am planning on buying GT5 but did not preorder yet because i think its too early and i suppose there are many people like me. Is there a way to see preorders for for GT5 in Europe? Because after Gamescom I think many people in Europe will start reserving it.

There's been a lot of Reach ads on TV for a week now.

LBP2 is moving up the charts !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

matt247 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

There has been plenty of Reach ads :S you don't watch tv much or something?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!