By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese games industry is dying: Says Itagaki

disolitude said:

All Japanese developers (especially Capcom) need to play Bayonetta to see the creativity and awesomeness that can only come from Japan.

Humm.. those aren't the first words that come in to my mind when I think of Bayonetta. ;P But hey, it is an opinion. :)

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Japan needs to remember what it does best.

Stop imitating the west and do what you do best... All Japanese developers (especially Capcom) need to play Bayonetta to see the creativity and awesomeness that can only come from Japan.

true. they are making games noob friendly so they appeal to western audiences.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Antabus said:
zgamer5 said:
Antabus said:
zgamer5 said:
Antabus said:
zgamer5 said:

japanese devs dont make fps games or pc games. so lets just say that they dont buy them to have an opinion on them.

if japanese devs leave the industry many people on this forum will be sad. because most of them are rpg/actio adventure fans.

but the 360 gamers woudnt mind.

What did you mean by 360 gamers would not mind?

I love rpg:s and some action-adventure games.

like you said before you liked 2 out of 12 japanese games. also their are more japanese games on the ps3. the bulk of jrpg/fighting games/action adventure are on the ps3.

So you think every 360-gamer is just like me? :D What are those action-adventure games you talk about?

look at ff sales, at bayonetta sales, at tekken sales, at street fighter sales. i dont think i know.

i ment to say hack n slash.

Bayonetta sold 700k on ps3 and 650k on 360.  SF4 sold 1,45m on 360 and 1,71m on ps3. I think that tekken is kind of a ps-franchise. The only non ps-version of the game is the 360-version.

But yeah, hack'n'slash.. the first game comes in to my mind is DMC. 1,25m on 360 and 1,31m on ps3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_Advance

MrT-Tar said:
Antabus said:

Bayonetta sold 700k on ps3 and 650k on 360.  SF4 sold 1,45m on 360 and 1,71m on ps3. I think that tekken is kind of a ps-franchise. The only non ps-version of the game is the 360-version.

But yeah, hack'n'slash.. the first game comes in to my mind is DMC. 1,25m on 360 and 1,31m on ps3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_Advance

I stand corrected. I used the vgcharts as my source.

Antabus said:
disolitude said:

All Japanese developers (especially Capcom) need to play Bayonetta to see the creativity and awesomeness that can only come from Japan.

Humm.. those aren't the first words that come in to my mind when I think of Bayonetta. ;P But hey, it is an opinion. :)

Whats wrong with bayonetta? Has there been a more creative game in that genre this gen than Bayonetta?

Ninja Gaiden 2 was good but a pure rehash, Hevenly Sword was God of War lite with a chick, Devil May Cry was completely bland creativity wise ...so much so that it forces you to replay all the levels 2 times.

God of War 3 I haven't played but pretty much everyone who did has said its more of the same with beefed up presentation...

Around the Network

God dammit, why is Japan so fatalistic? They're like the fucking Aztecs for Christ sakes...

in fact, why is the world so fucking pessimistic and fatalistic? The UK has a similar thing, so does the US. I fucking hate how the "realists" are the ones who are fatalistic and narcistic.

Nothing is set in stone, action can be taken, solutions exists. Stop just being all gloom and doom and clearly identify the problems and create solutions to address them.

Akvod said:

God dammit, why is Japan so fatalistic? They're like the fucking Aztecs for Christ sakes...

in fact, why is the world so fucking pessimistic and fatalistic? The UK has a similar thing, so does the US. I fucking hate how the "realists" are the ones who are fatalistic and narcistic.

Nothing is set in stone, action can be taken, solutions exists. Stop just being all gloom and doom and clearly identify the problems and create solutions to address them.

Almost every culture is like that in one way or another...

Eastern Europeans beat them all in "We can't succeed so why even try" attitude. The Communism effect... lol

disolitude said:
Antabus said:
disolitude said:

Whats wrong with bayonetta? Has there been a more creative game in that genre this gen than Bayonetta?

I have no idea if there has been more or less creative game on that genre, ever. It is all the same for me. And what is wrong with it? Propably nothing for some people, a lot for some other people. I am part of the latter group. Let's just leave it to that. :)

Acevil said:
leo-j said:

Yep, lets make every JRPG and every Japanese orientated action game exclusive to XBOX 360 and it will help!

Well, I doubt anyone besides Namco really lost on that one. Since most Japanese developers know the money is in the DS and PSP...atleast in Japan.

Yeah.  Isn't both Konami and Atlus are making it pretty good these days?  And Atlus is VERY Japanese.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

disolitude said:
Akvod said:

Almost every culture is like that in one way or another...

Eastern Europeans beat them all in "We can't succeed so why even try" attitude. The Communism effect... lol

That's not a reesult of pessimism, but a lack of competition for years along with corruption.