By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese games industry is dying: Says Itagaki

jarrod said:
disolitude said:

Japan needs to remember what it does best.

Stop imitating the west and do what you do best... 

Came in to say this.  The Japanese companies that put their nose to the grind and just focus on what they do best are ones that have prospered this generation (Nintendo, Level-5, Hudson, Gust, From Software... Capcom until this year).  Those that have made major plays to "appealing to the west", either within their own development or working with western outsourcing, have been the ones to falter (Namco, Square Enix, Capcom just recently).

Pretty much what I was going to say. Japanese are trying WAY too hard to appeal to the West, and it's only hurting them more and more.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Antabus said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
tyig said:

JRPGs could die as long as get my Ninja Gaiden's, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God Hand. Those games are awesome. JRPG are so BORING.

good jrpgs are not borings

and not many gamers like all the fire,fire,fire,attack,attack,attack things

So what do you do in ninja gaiden, dmc, bayonetta or jrpg:s?  You don't.. attack things? Or is it that you think shooting things is lame but hack'n'slash is cool?

i meant they should a have a big story with them and other gameplay features and skills

i don't like the online FPS i don't know how people can just go on and on without anything new or any motivation

i like GOW games as they had a big story,super new skills and the game look wonderfull.i like the battlefield series too as it is open and kind of  brings new thing

disolitude said:

Japan needs to remember what it does best.

Stop imitating the west and do what you do best... All Japanese developers (especially Capcom) need to play Bayonetta to see the creativity and awesomeness that can only come from Japan.

totally agree

i think one of the reasons is that PS3 didn't sell well because of the high price so japan games sales started going down so they started developing west like games to sell here

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Antabus said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
tyig said:

JRPGs could die as long as get my Ninja Gaiden's, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God Hand. Those games are awesome. JRPG are so BORING.

So what do you do in ninja gaiden, dmc, bayonetta or jrpg:s?  You don't.. attack things? Or is it that you think shooting things is lame but hack'n'slash is cool?

i meant they should a have a big story with them and other gameplay features and skills

i don't like the online FPS i don't know how people can just go on and on without anything new or any motivation

i like GOW games as they had a big story,super new skills and the game look wonderfull.i like the battlefield series too as it is open and kind of  brings new thing

FPS-games have "big stories". They also require skills and I think they have other gameplay features too.

There are new maps for fps games, also there is some kind of experience system in many shooters. But now we got the real reason. You prefer hack'n'slash attacks to firing a gun.

I love this guy.

Antabus said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Antabus said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
tyig said:

FPS-games have "big stories". They also require skills and I think they have other gameplay features too.

There are new maps for fps games, also there is some kind of experience system in many shooters. But now we got the real reason. You prefer hack'n'slash attacks to firing a gun.

not all fps's have big story

MW2 stoy was pretty big in lenght and weight too....................lol

maps is good but that should be all,there should be some way more than that

and no i didn't prefer hack and slash to firing guns.i actually hated hack and slash very much.i tried GOW on PS2 couple of times but just couldn't play after sometime as there was no motivation but one day i just hooked myself for a couple of hours with that game and man o man that is a big game,it is very addictive and and beauty is awesome and story motivate's you to go a ahead

i love Battlefield series,socom,resistance series but i just can't more time with HALO,COD,KILLZONE

Around the Network

Laugh.  Japan didn't learn the lessons of capitalism and the free market?  Try the entire world.  Japan's economic downfall was just a harbringer of the gargantuan depression/collapse to come, in America, Europe, Japan, and likely elsewhere.  Japan's economy is failing due to the misapprehension that free markets can exist at all when there is any sort of government – and bubble bursts, depression, collapse and inevitable war are the result.  

You can definitely be a good politician Itagaki sensei, as you will not address the real problem and only collect the public's welfare as all politicians do. 

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto