By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you pay for it?

Will you pay for it?

Yes 6 7.50%

no 74 92.50%

Total:80

I wanna see how the vgc community feels about the possibility of activision charging to play their games online, will you pay if activison starts charging to play online?  This doesn't phase me since I'm noy really into any of thier games (except the spider-man ones).

Around the Network

Are you talking about Pay to Play as in Xbox Live where it is one fee for all the games you want?  Or are you JUST talking about paying on a per game basis?

Xbox Live method - Yes I'll pay because it includes a plethora of other amazing features

Per Game Activision method - Hell No.  It's why I rarely play MMOs.

I suggest you lock this thread and recreate it so that it is a bit more clear what you are talking about and edit the poll options to show what you mean as well.

I understand a subscription fee (a la Xbox Live).

I understand a one-time charge for used game purchases (a la EA Sports).

I do not understand a subscription base to play a specific game on-line (a la proposals associated with Activision and CoD).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

i said no even though that's not entirely true.  i happily paid a subscription for WoW because I really felt the cost was justified.  But in the context of what you are saying, CoD online multiplayer....not a chance.

Yes I would pay.

But you made the poll very poorly. You specifially named Activision there which will confuse the posters into believing the poll is only about Activision games. I wouldn't pay to play Activision games online but I would play games like Bad Company and others that give me hundreds of hours online.

Around the Network

no! it would mainly apply to the COD franchise if they did and considering i'm no fan of th series the answer would be no. 

I won't because I rarely play online anyway, but believe me MANY people will.

People need to realize that MMOs are dirt cheap. The amount of hours u put into them means u won't spend money on almost anything else. Neither on other games, or sports or movies or girlfriends or anything.  

$15 per month on WoW actually saves the typical subscriber hundreds of dollars per month.

You could be on wellfare and play WoW all your life.

It's not as extreme with online shooters, but again, paying only $60 saves the typical Call of Duty player lots of money which he won't spend on other leasure during those hundreds of hours he's hunting perks.

We owe the developers to spend more money for all this entertainment we get for so cheap. Not all of you, not you who have a diversified large library of games, but the customer who only buys one game per year and keeps playing it over and over again is almost like a parasite, so he should pay more to the industry.

Paying for internet is enough for me =P

The only way I would pay for CoD online is if it guarantees the removal of all modders and cheaters (including somehow stopping rapidfire mods), and provides dedicated servers to stop all the host advantage and bullet lag.

And the most I would pay for all this is a flat one time fee of like $10-15.