By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling game of 2007

I think that the 360/Wii will have games that sell more copies than the PS3 simply becuase they have bigger install bases, most people including posters here on this site, sees the PS3 seller only half of what the Wii/360 will sell each. So if the PS3 sells 9 million systems by the end of the year that means GTA4 has to sell to half of PS3 owners to sell 4.5, and does Europe even get GTA?

Biggest Games for the three:(all depending on release dates)

Wii: Mario, Brawl, and DQ(mostly in Japan) 

PS3: Killzone and GTA4 (I don't MGS4 is going to be as big as everyone thinks)

360: Halo 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

It is likely to be a DS title TBH and by far, unless a huge PS2 title is released????  God of War 2?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Dude, ofcourse does Europe get GTA... Its the biggest market, u would have to be pretty STUPID not to release a game in Europe unless its a Japanese anime game or something...

THE NETHERLANDS

I thought some games that were to volient didn't get released in certain parts of Europe.

Munkeh said:

Only for PS3:

Killzone; 4M

Heavanly Sword: 2M

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: 3M

Lair: 1.5M

GTA IV; 4M (9M combined)

MGS 4 and FF XIII will not be released in 2007

only GTA will beat 2 million out of this pack.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
shams said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Blasphemy! I think Spore will sell very well.

I don't agree - but I might be completely wrong on this. It reminds me of Black & White (in terms of the principle of the game), and that did ok... but not great. Again, I might be wrong - just a hunch.

You've got to have faith in the ability of Will Wright which made city planning and management a hit with housewives. He designs his games around simple interfaces, which let the player "pick up and play," yet puts endless micro-managability into those simple interfaces, encouraging the player to discover the depth of their options at their own speed, without ever overwhelming them. I have little doubt Wright can make this the most limitlessly appealling "god-game" ever, simply because thats what he does, and its made him, as far as I know, the most successful PC game designer of all time.

And further, have faith in the EA marketing team, which doesn't seem to miss a beat with its TV campaigns.

BTW, I wonder what early sales predictions for the Sims looked like.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I feel it will have to be a Wii game at this time, assuming they are released in 2007

My predictions are Wiisports 2 (with online, more sports, and expanded features), and Wiihealth

I have 2 opinions on SPORE.

1. It will be the great amazing game they say it will be, and it will sell millions.

2. It will NOT be the great game they say it will, and it will SUCK. It will not likely pass 1million.

And the reason I have #2 on there is because of EA. EA tends to release games that feel lacking. A game like that should NOT. So as I say, it depends on what the game is. I'm a big fan of that theory of game, I've been waiting for one for years. (about 10) I beleive the game that was most like it was 'creatures' or something where you controll little gnome things, and breed them, and that kinda stuff.

OFF TOPIC
My dream game is a game like SPORE where you only assist evolution. When a evolution 'step' comes, you can pick like one of 10 things to evolve. "speed" "strength" "smarts" "sizeup" "size down" and stuff like that. And you could only change it once per evolution. Other than that you just sit back, and act as god. "look at that preditor, I will use my powers to protect my creature." However if you dont let them evolve on their own as well, and survival of the fittest. (you would have to make sure the weak die, and not breed)

And *then* the game becomes like SPORE's RTS side. That would be amazing.

I'm more intrested in the evolution, than 'creating' a creature with 'x evolution points'

beak 30 points
legs 30 points
brains 100 points

I know, lets give it a massive mouth for 100 points.
-100 points for brain -30 points for beak +100 points for massive mouth, +30 points for retard brain.

That is not evolution, That is re-creating a creature. I love evolutionary games. If anyone knows of any java/flash/shockwave/mass market games that run any type of evolution complexes, please tell me! (send a PM)
Also, the simple bacterial AIs always amuse me, so if you know of them, send it to me as well. (Where you put a organism, and it multiplys, and as the food sources die out, the bacteria die out behind the living bacteria, and as the food returns behidn them, the bacteria spreads back to where it started. And normally ends up dying out sooner or later.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I don't agree that Spore will be hugely successful.

All I can say is that I think (damn the world) is that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be the highest selling games these year (put the numbers together, they are virtually one game.

I don't think anything else will come close to what they alone will achieve this year (which kinda sucks because it's the same shit).

I agree completely with #2 Kwaad, all signs of the game so far are pointing this way...

It just seems like flow, age of empires, galactic civilizations all rolled into one... and in the end most of the craft etc end up looking stupid anyway... it would be good if people could evolve 'human' like creatures this will be more 'main stream' I think.  Not enough people are into alien like creatures and aliens for this to be successful enough I don't think.

I would prefer my race of creatures to be created for me by the game for the choices I make for them, from embrio form all the way to space creature rather than designing and controlling the 'look' of your own species... which is how I understand Spore to work... so if you make stupid decisions your race ends up being crap, that is what I want but I don't think this game will deliver that, if it does then SWEET and it'll kick arse.

That said I don't know if you can evolve humans, I haven't seen anything so far to suggest as such so I don't know.