By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Ghostbusters to feature 4-player Splitscreen!

"We're also pleased to report that – unlike the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 game – you'll be able to play through the entire campaign mode in splitscreen co-op with up to four players!"

This makes the Wii version the definitive version in my book. 

Around the Network
Nintendownsmii said:

"We're also pleased to report that – unlike the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 game – you'll be able to play through the entire campaign mode in splitscreen co-op with up to four players!"

This makes the Wii version the definitive version in my book. 

That's not really anywhere near enough information for me to make that kind of decision.  If every other part of the game sucks, then I'm not going to want the Wii version hehe.

If every other part of the game sucks then there is no reason to get it on another system now is there?

Nintendownsmii said:
If every other part of the game sucks then there is no reason to get it on another system now is there?

The games are being developed semi-separately.  There is a possibility that one version could suck while another is great.

It's funny that people say things like ugh, PS2 level graphics? when they ogle over things like God of War II or Okami and then they make comments like that. Especially when it's already been said that the Wii version is being made for the Wii first and above everything else.

And then it's also funny that Mushroom goes from one of the most imaginative and interesting looking games to looking like crap and PS2 level graphics.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
It's funny that people say things like ugh, PS2 level graphics? when they ogle over things like God of War II or Okami and then they make comments like that. Especially when it's already been said that the Wii version is being made for the Wii first and above everything else.

And then it's also funny that Mushroom goes from one of the most imaginative and interesting looking games to looking like crap and PS2 level graphics.

Yeah, but we're all used to hearing it right?  I mean, it's nothing new to see a game attacked based on very little actual substance.

People can speculate good/bad all they like, but time will tell whether this game will find its way to my shelf and that of gamers in general.

I was hoping you'd show up in here, twesterm. I know you're not working on the Wii version, but are there any details you are allowed to reveal about this 4-player co-op mode?

I want to see a lot more of the game before I make any decisions on whether I am interested in it or not. I think even Twestern who is working on the game (not the Wii version though) would agree that it is the prudent thing to do from the consumer standpoint.

With that said I do like what I have seen & heard so far.

PS - Nobody listen to Twestern, after all according to --OkeyDokey-- he works for a "crap developer".

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
I want to see a lot more of the game before I make any decisions on whether I am interested in it or not. I think even Twestern who is working on the game (not the Wii version though) would agree that it is the prudent thing to do from the consumer standpoint.

With that said I do like what I have seen & heard so far.

PS - Nobody listen to Twestern, after all according to --OkeyDokey-- he works for a "crap developer".

Actually, OkeyDokey was calling Red Fly a crap developer. I'm the one who called Twesterm's employer a crap developer (in another thread) when I found out they made Bloodrayne. Twesterm rightly pointed out that things change in development studios, and it's not really fair to prejudge the future based on the past. I'd call Red Fly an unproven developer, since they haven't released any games at all, yet.

I do think that it's really interesting that the two games have such a divergant approach. Multiplatform games, even when made by two different devs, usually try to keep their games as similar as they can while respecting different platforms. These two titles don't seem to have much in common beyond the IP and the story outline. They're both pushing not only different graphical styles, but also different gameplay styles.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

twesterm said:

Well, my PC should be more than capable of handling your version, so if yours is good or the Wii version is good I'll be sure to get one of them.