By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Yes 12 5.36%

No 128 57.14%

Not on the Wii, but Nintendo's next console. 65 29.02%

I have no idea! *.* 19 8.48%

Total:224
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:

Highly unlikely. I think a Wii port of RE5 would be far more like it HD counter parts that Chop TIl You Drop though.

Since enemy count is not as big a thing in that game.

I hope that the MT engine on the Wii will make it happen. I'm not buying anything from Capcom until they either put this game on the Wii (it's the principle more than I even want to play it), or do something big for the Wii to make up for it.

This is funny, makes you sound like a huge cry baby...

I can understand why the Wii would be a good choice for releasing RE5 on. But why SHOULD they? The... "principle"? What principle?

Unlike most developers, there is a game like RE5 that is a hit on the system, so not supporting the Wii with more such games is inexcusable.

Furthermore, they couldn't wait to give the PS2 RE4, so not doing the same for the Wii shows they are just being as pig-headed about all the other developers.

It's not inexcusable, it's just a silly decision.

They couldn't wait to give the PS2 RE4, because PS2 could produce results similar to the original consoles version, could sell a fuck load of 3rd party software, and was absolutely dominating it's competition marketshare-wise... Combined. It was an easy port. RE5 wont be so easy, because well... The game is one of the best looking titles available on the 2 HD consoles.

If Nintendo made a console that was on par visually with the 360 or PS3, then it would have had RE5 along with the 2 HD consoles.

The graphics is not a reason not to make the game. The RE games are about atmoshpere, not polygon count.

Furthermore, Wii graphics have been improving in effects and textures (polygon count doesn't matter, since RE on the 3DS has far fewer polygons than RE5, and it still gets acclaim for how it looks), so even that's not a factual excuse anymore, even if it wasn't valid before then.

" It was an easy port."

That shows you didn't actually read any of the interviews before the PS2 version came out. They had to redo all the graphics from the ground up. That is not easy by any definition. So the effort is not a true factor either.

Atmosphere? You obviously haven't played Resident Evil 5 yet Trust me, it's more like a Gears of War game than a Resident Evil game.

RE 3DS is on a much, much smaller screen... And graphics like that just haven't been seen before on a handheld. They can get away with it on that. The Wii is played on a much larger screen... They can't get away with it nowhere near as easy.

I agree, Wii graphics have been improving. But still, is it worth the effort? They could use the RE4 engine if need be but... I dunno.

True, i haven't seen many interviews about it at all. Just assuming on the easy port... They do look pretty similar. The rest of the points are correct though. If the Wii was a "Wii HD", it would have likely had RE5 on day 1.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:

Highly unlikely. I think a Wii port of RE5 would be far more like it HD counter parts that Chop TIl You Drop though.

I hope that the MT engine on the Wii will make it happen. I'm not buying anything from Capcom until they either put this game on the Wii (it's the principle more than I even want to play it), or do something big for the Wii to make up for it.

I can understand why the Wii would be a good choice for releasing RE5 on. But why SHOULD they? The... "principle"? What principle?

Unlike most developers, there is a game like RE5 that is a hit on the system, so not supporting the Wii with more such games is inexcusable.

Furthermore, they couldn't wait to give the PS2 RE4, so not doing the same for the Wii shows they are just being as pig-headed about all the other developers.

They couldn't wait to give the PS2 RE4, because PS2 could produce results similar to the original consoles version, could sell a fuck load of 3rd party software, and was absolutely dominating it's competition marketshare-wise... Combined. It was an easy port. RE5 wont be so easy, because well... The game is one of the best looking titles available on the 2 HD consoles.

If Nintendo made a console that was on par visually with the 360 or PS3, then it would have had RE5 along with the 2 HD consoles.

The graphics is not a reason not to make the game. The RE games are about atmoshpere, not polygon count.

Furthermore, Wii graphics have been improving in effects and textures (polygon count doesn't matter, since RE on the 3DS has far fewer polygons than RE5, and it still gets acclaim for how it looks), so even that's not a factual excuse anymore, even if it wasn't valid before then.

" It was an easy port."

That shows you didn't actually read any of the interviews before the PS2 version came out. They had to redo all the graphics from the ground up. That is not easy by any definition. So the effort is not a true factor either.

Atmosphere? You obviously haven't played Resident Evil 5 yet (1) Trust me, it's more like a Gears of War game than a Resident Evil game.(2)

RE 3DS is on a much, much smaller screen... And graphics like that just haven't been seen before on a handheld. They can get away with it on that. The Wii is played on a much larger screen... They can't get away with it nowhere near as easy.

I agree, Wii graphics have been improving. But still, is it worth the effort? They could use the RE4 engine if need be but... I dunno.(3)

True, i haven't seen many interviews about it at all. Just assuming on the easy port... They do look pretty similar. The rest of the points are correct though. If the Wii was a "Wii HD", it would have likely had RE5 on day 1.(4)

1. I will play it when I can get it for the Wii and one of the HD systems (since I did that with RE4, since seeing the differences was just as awesome as the game itself).

2. That could be how the Wii version sets itself apart. It focuses on being about atmosphere over being a Gears rip off.

I mean, instead of fighting off just greater hordes of zombie-esque people, they could follow through with what they promised the game would be like, which is that being in the daytime can still be scary when you're cut off from the world, surrounded by zombies.

Basically rip off 28 Days Later more than ripping off Gears.

3. They said a while ago they were porting the MT Framework to the Wii, so it will be worth it then.

4. It didn't have to be day one, just on the Wii at all. And RE4 shows that there are some people willing to get it, if Capcom makes it worth it for them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:

" It was an easy port."

Atmosphere? You obviously haven't played Resident Evil 5 yet (1) Trust me, it's more like a Gears of War game than a Resident Evil game.(2)

I agree, Wii graphics have been improving. But still, is it worth the effort? They could use the RE4 engine if need be but... I dunno.(3)

True, i haven't seen many interviews about it at all. Just assuming on the easy port... They do look pretty similar. The rest of the points are correct though. If the Wii was a "Wii HD", it would have likely had RE5 on day 1.(4)

1. I will play it when I can get it for the Wii and one of the HD systems (since I did that with RE4, since seeing the differences was just as awesome as the game itself).

2. That could be how the Wii version sets itself apart. It focuses on being about atmosphere over being a Gears rip off.

I mean, instead of fighting off just greater hordes of zombie-esque people, they could follow through with what they promised the game would be like, which is that being in the daytime can still be scary when you're cut off from the world, surrounded by zombies.

Basically rip off 28 Days Later more than ripping off Gears.

3. They said a while ago they were porting the MT Framework to the Wii, so it will be worth it then.

4. It didn't have to be day one, just on the Wii at all. And RE4 shows that there are some people willing to get it, if Capcom makes it worth it for them.

1. Fair enough.

2. True, and with your point 3, it could turn out to be the definitive version of the game... Like RE4 Wii Edition.

3. See above.

4. Is it worth it for them, when they can just easily enough make a Rails shooter and make quick profit... Like they have been. Minimal efforts, maximum profits..?

Really the only thing stopping them was the graphics issue. RE5 is actually quite underrated graphically (well I think so anyway). It's quite stunning. Hell, even on the X360/PS3 the game runs in teeny weeny little boxes when you are playing coop. Obviously they needed to do that just so the game could run at a decent tick.

They would really need to do some graphical cutbacks to get it running well and looking good and still include coop play. I guess they could toss out coop, but imagine the uproar at that.

I don't think they are going to ever bring to to the Wii, but hopefully I am wrong, for Wii-owner's sakes.

Carl2291 said:

1. Fair enough.

2. True, and with your point 3, it could turn out to be the definitive version of the game... Like RE4 Wii Edition.

3. See above.

4. Is it worth it for them, when they can just easily enough make a Rails shooter and make quick profit... Like they have been. Minimal efforts, maximum profits..?

2. I remember the trailer scene where the sun was so bright, you could barely see anything. Imagine that in gameplay, and then it makes it hard to see the zombies after you, or to even use your gun (the sight from the Wiimote would turn white in direct sunlight to simulate it). In that case, your gun can only do so much. You also need to be able to run.

But if you dive into a home for safety, you'd suffer from the result of the bright sunlight, and you couldn't see what's in there. So if an enemy is, you'd have just as much trouble fighting it (and the Wiimote sight would turn black until Chris's eyes adjusted).

4. But logically that should apply to the HD games more, since only the top franchises are making money, unless the budget is kept in check. So that's not a reason not to make big games on the Wii, since they would still cost less than the big HD games.

Plus MH Tri showed they can spend money and still make hit games (just that series should have full local multiplayer on home consoles, since the PSP games at least had ad hoc multiplayer, which is the clostest wireless on handhelds can get to that).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

N, O, No!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Maneco said:

Why have you come with this idea to start with?...

I didn't come up with it. Many people have been thinking about it for the longest time and we haven't received a straight up yes or no..

Im Sure they already have a On the Rails Version of RE5  on its Way to Wii.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

no. I think if they were going to port RE5 to the wii they would have done so already

Carl2291 said:

Edit: Sorry, i should rephrase that.

"Could sell a fuck load of Quality/Mature/Core 3rd party software". I acknowledge that the Wii can shift a lot of 3rd party software.

Er, considering Wii already has two RE branded million sellers under it's belt, I'm not sure what the relevance here is?  Is Resident Evil not "Quality/Mature/Core 3rd party software"?  Because Wii's certainly sold a "fuck load" of RE games. Even the "disappointing" DarkSide Chronicles on Wii outsold all the PS2 Gun Survivors combined... maybe you should rephrase again? ;)

On topic, Wii's window for RE5 is long past imo.  I bet it'll be a launch title for Wii 2 though, probably with the latest version of SF4 or MVC3 alongside it.