By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Yes 12 5.36%

No 128 57.14%

Not on the Wii, but Nintendo's next console. 65 29.02%

I have no idea! *.* 19 8.48%

Total:224
Siko1989 said:

i dont understand why people want RE5, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is Way Better, yes its a rail shooter but it was that good it told a strong story, i didnt want the game to finish, it acturally felt like you where there lol, i would go as far as saying that it is close to being as good as RE4 and Code Veronica.. people should just buy that game.. it was the best $80 i ever spent

It's to prove the Wii can handle such games. Claiming it would be butchered is wrong, since unlike Dead Rising, it's not about loads of AI, which the Wii's single core can't handle. It's simply the graphics, and that is from the mouth of the game's director.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

KylieDog said:LordTheNightKnight said: Siko1989 said: i dont understand why people want RE5, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is Way Better, yes its a rail shooter but it was that good it told a strong story, i didnt want the game to finish, it acturally felt like you where there lol, i would go as far as saying that it is close to being as good as RE4 and Code Veronica.. people should just buy that game.. it was the best $80 i ever spent It's to prove the Wii can handle such games. Claiming it would be butchered is wrong, since unlike Dead Rising, it's not about loads of AI, which the Wii's single core can't handle. It's simply the graphics, and that is from the mouth of the game's director. Hahaha, hilarious.  I doubt the Wii would even handle the size of some map areas, between loading points some areas are huge and you cannot just stream load as you go because you can split up with your partner and be at opposite ends meaning its all gotta be loaded constantly, nevermind filling it with enemies.  Oh and the online stress on the console which is apparently so much that it was the reason NSMB Wii didn't have online (and I think RE5 would probably need more resources than a game that wasn't much different from its DS counterpart).   I bet you still believe that RE5 on Wii comment made to promote Darkside Chronicles was serious.

You have no idea what the Wii is capable of, especially since you're not a developer. Uhh...online? Seriously, look at Monster Hunter 3, the online will be just fine. Re5 can definitely be made on the Wii. This whole "Wii can't handle it" is just nonsense.

LastRambo341 said:

KylieDog said:LordTheNightKnight said: Siko1989 said: i dont understand why people want RE5, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is Way Better, yes its a rail shooter but it was that good it told a strong story, i didnt want the game to finish, it acturally felt like you where there lol, i would go as far as saying that it is close to being as good as RE4 and Code Veronica.. people should just buy that game.. it was the best $80 i ever spent It's to prove the Wii can handle such games. Claiming it would be butchered is wrong, since unlike Dead Rising, it's not about loads of AI, which the Wii's single core can't handle. It's simply the graphics, and that is from the mouth of the game's director. Hahaha, hilarious.  I doubt the Wii would even handle the size of some map areas, between loading points some areas are huge and you cannot just stream load as you go because you can split up with your partner and be at opposite ends meaning its all gotta be loaded constantly, nevermind filling it with enemies.  Oh and the online stress on the console which is apparently so much that it was the reason NSMB Wii didn't have online (and I think RE5 would probably need more resources than a game that wasn't much different from its DS counterpart).   I bet you still believe that RE5 on Wii comment made to promote Darkside Chronicles was serious.

You have no idea what the Wii is capable of, especially since you're not a developer. Uhh...online? Seriously, look at Monster Hunter 3, the online will be just fine. Re5 can definitely be made on the Wii. This whole "Wii can't handle it" is just nonsense.

And again, the director said the graphics of DSC says it can be done, not to mention even when he said there were no plans, he didn't say it was out of the question. So either he or someone at Capcom thinks this will be on the Wii at some point.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

KylieDog said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

And again, the director said the graphics of DSC says it can be done, not to mention even when he said there were no plans, he didn't say it was out of the question. So either he or someone at Capcom thinks this will be on the Wii at some point.

Oh my god I was right, I was joking when I said you probably believe that Darkside Chronicles graphics promotion comment, but you actually do?   Wow.

Maybe they actually meant it??

KylieDog said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
KylieDog said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Oh my god I was right, I was joking when I said you probably believe that Darkside Chronicles graphics promotion comment, but you actually do?   Wow.

Maybe they actually meant it??

The same people who said the Wii will not even handle RE5s title screen?   Maybe they meant that too.

Maybe it's an excuse for not making a Wii version or maybe it really can't handle it. We don't know....

As for The Darkside Chronicles, maybe they were promoting the grpahics or maybe he was actually surprised on how it looked. Again, we don't know....

Moral of the story... we don't know.... :|

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I remember all those "Resident Evil 5 for Wii petition" threads, we had at least four of them and everytime it was a very popular topic.

Eventually the game was released only on the HD consoles and shortly afterwards the demand for a Wii port died down. That was fun.

There are STILL some people that want a Wii port, and I'm one of them. Even though I own a Ps3 and the Gold Edition.

LastRambo341 said:
RolStoppable said:

I remember all those "Resident Evil 5 for Wii petition" threads, we had at least four of them and everytime it was a very popular topic.

Eventually the game was released only on the HD consoles and shortly afterwards the demand for a Wii port died down. That was fun.

There are STILL some people that want a Wii port, and I'm one of them. Even though I own a Ps3 and the Gold Edition.

Me too.

Also, this can work if done one of two ways.

If there is no extra content, it should cost just $30, or whatever RE4 Wii Edition cost in other countries. Now while I still maintain Okami and Dead Rising were not easy to put on the Wii, I agree $40 was too much for them to catch on, with no extra content for Okami and essentially a net loss of content (some added, but more taken away) for Dead Rising. If we have to wait, full price is too much for nothing new.

If they want to charge full price, add something to make the wait worth our money. Sure adding the extra content to RE4 on the PS2 was because Sony asked, but that was a good idea. Heck, it would have been a better idea to put the gold RE5 content on a Wii version, since it would be something to entice new buyers, not milk the HD buyers to buy the game twice. Anyway, something like my "Light is your enemy" mode suggestion would be a good addition.

Mr Puggsly said:
Resident_Hazard said:
jneul said:

Edit: Also I hope I am wrong, because it would be awesome for wii fans to experience wii:re5 edition

How many Wii owners, who are serious gamers, still don't have an Xbox360 or a PS3?  Those three people should just get smart and buy one of those.

If a Wii fan wants RE5, they should just buy it already.  Having just the Wii for this generation means said gamer is missing out on the majority of releases this generation.

No!!! I want games to be stripped down and raped just so I can experience them with motion controls.

Seriously though, Wii fans have got to be the whiniest generation ever. I own a Wii and a 360 because great games go to the 360 and on a occasion a tolerable games hits the Wii. I laugh at the notion of making the Wii your sole console. I get more use out of my PS2 still (I'm in the middle of Tales of the Abyss).

Hahaha....no. So called "PS3 JRPG" fans take that title. Between bitching about all the 360 exclusive JRPGs and the meltdowns over FFXIII.  They take the cake by far.

I don't care for RE5 at all...if anything RE is to be done or ported to the Wii let it be a RE2 remake.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"