By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Will Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition Ever Be Made?!?! >:o

Yes 12 5.36%

No 128 57.14%

Not on the Wii, but Nintendo's next console. 65 29.02%

I have no idea! *.* 19 8.48%

Total:224

Doubt it

Around the Network

Funny how people add the Gamecube ports to make it seem like Wii has had tons of Resident Evil games....

3 last gen games and 2 on-rails games... that's amazing...
360/PS3 owners should be so jealous right now... -_-

I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil 5 cost more to make than all those games put together...

Mr Puggsly said:
Darc Requiem said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Resident_Hazard said:
jneul said:

Edit: Also I hope I am wrong, because it would be awesome for wii fans to experience wii:re5 edition

How many Wii owners, who are serious gamers, still don't have an Xbox360 or a PS3?  Those three people should just get smart and buy one of those.

If a Wii fan wants RE5, they should just buy it already.  Having just the Wii for this generation means said gamer is missing out on the majority of releases this generation.

No!!! I want games to be stripped down and raped just so I can experience them with motion controls.

Seriously though, Wii fans have got to be the whiniest generation ever. I own a Wii and a 360 because great games go to the 360 and on a occasion a tolerable games hits the Wii. I laugh at the notion of making the Wii your sole console. I get more use out of my PS2 still (I'm in the middle of Tales of the Abyss).

Hahaha....no. So called "PS3 JRPG" fans take that title. Between bitching about all the 360 exclusive JRPGs and the meltdowns over FFXIII.  They take the cake by far.

Well PS3 fans used to bitch about JRPGs. But that's not really the case anymore.

However, Wii fans bitch all the time about HD games skipping the WIi. Which happens all the time. Black Ops is one of the few WIi is getting and we haven't seen anything about it yet. I'm not even seeing it on the pre order charts.

nah and HD fans doesnt bitch about every game thats being made exclusively for wii.. do you want me to give you a few examples?

-PaNdOrA- said:

Funny how people add the Gamecube ports to make it seem like Wii has had tons of Resident Evil games....

I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil 5 cost more to make than all those games put together...

It's reported to be Capcom's most expensive game, at least so far. So the talk about how it would be hard to put it on the Wii, when it clearly won't cost quite that much, is either an escuse and/or laziness. It's not as though Capcom couldn't have had at least started planning already instead of just dragging their feet.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

KylieDog said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

People keep using the RE4 port as some kind of evidence there is a market...so why not use the other games and ports to show it was a flash in the pan?

Others might have been more general, but I personally mean games like RE4, and the other RE games on the Wii are not like RE4. So it just proves that the other types of games called RE, but don't play like RE4, as not as popular.

This also shows that even an original RE game like 4 could work, and didn't you even mention that could work as well?

I personally would like both an original game and 5 on the Wii (and for the original game to be ported with a graphics upgrade to the HD systems, just to be fair).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

People keep using the RE4 port as some kind of evidence there is a market...so why not use the other games and ports to show it was a flash in the pan?

UC selling 1.2 million and DSC selling 600k aren't exactly evidence towards this sort of thinking... especially when you compare them to how the Gun Survivors sold on PS1/PS2. ;)

REmake and RE0 doing little shows more how out of whack Capcom's values were with those releases (both games probably should've been bundled together as is for $29).  And unlike RE4 Wii, they had no functional interface or content improvements.... which is too bad, I think cursor controls could be interesting with the old RE design.

KylieDog said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Ok, I won't be racist (? ^_^) and treat the RE4 port different than the Archives ports. I'll treat them equally...

Let's see how they have done compared to games in the same category:

Spin-offs: The Chronicles series did better than the Outbreak and Gun Survivor series. Yeah, I'd say there is a market...

Last Gen Ports: The Archives series (and RE4 if you wanna be fair) did better than when the GC got the N64 ports of Resident evil 2 & 3. Again, yeah I'd say there is a market...

REAL Resident Evil games: (No last gen ports or spin-offs) Oh look! Wii hasn't had one yet. Unfortunately, we don't know if there is a market or not :'(

-PaNdOrA- said:
Resident_Hazard said:

That RE fanbase on the Wii gradually stopped caring and each new RE game on the Wii has sold fewer copies than the one before--RE4 to UC to DC. 

Not really, this just shows that we stopped caring for on-rails games :|

Actually, pretty much every hardcore/3rd party series on the Wii has a similar dismal pattern.  Initially decent sales, with gradually lower sales per sequel--even when said sequel ramped up the quality a la Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes 2. 

How many of you guys who want RE5 on the Wii ever actually played the game on the Xbox360 or PS3/

You do know it was a massive low point for the series, right?

It has it's moments, sure, but as for being an Resident Evil game?  It's way off, and many parts of it are shockingly not fun.  I have personally never played a more aggravating, asinine, annoying Resident Evil game.  And I love the crap out of this series.

...which, I'm sure, is pretty obvious.

Resident_Hazard said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
Resident_Hazard said:

That RE fanbase on the Wii gradually stopped caring and each new RE game on the Wii has sold fewer copies than the one before--RE4 to UC to DC. 

Not really, this just shows that we stopped caring for on-rails games :|

Actually, pretty much every hardcore/3rd party series on the Wii has a similar dismal pattern.  Initially decent sales, with gradually lower sales per sequel--even when said sequel ramped up the quality a la Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes 2. 

NMH HD also bombed.  I just don't think the franchise has much pull, despite the cult success of the Wii original.  Ubi sending NMH2 to die didn't exactly help either.