By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CNN: Kinect is impressive

Euphoria14 said:
Fumanchu said:
Euphoria14 said:

I was just reading this article and this stood out and I seriously wonder if this is true or if it is a flat out lie.

"Kinect sensor bar scans and monitors 1 million points on the body"

Can anyone shed any light on this because does your boby have 1 million points to scan a nd monitor?

He didn't say 'track'.  It tracks 20 skeletal joints only, but it was trained to recognise the different body parts by scanning millions of pictures of different poses.

Thanks, because I remember the MS specs sheet that said it tracks 20 joints per player or 48 total, something along those lines.

Yeah it's very misleading.  Though otherwise less impressive for his 'puff piece'.    

Around the Network
FF_Fanatic said:

lol three guesses as who owns CNN, apart from that yeah sure kinect is perfect, now excuse me while i bank in my check i just got

Time Warner?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
FF_Fanatic said:

lol three guesses as who owns CNN, apart from that yeah sure kinect is perfect, now excuse me while i bank in my check i just got

Time Warner?

Haha yeah I looked that up too...not sure what his point was. 

Unless...did Microsoft pay you to say that?! 0_o

Euphoria14 said:

I was just reading this article and this stood out and I seriously wonder if this is true or if it is a flat out lie.

Can anyone shed any light on this because does your boby have 1 million points to scan a nd monitor?

Yeah , that statement is interesting since the camera does not even have a million pixels.

I noticed in the driving video the guy on the left had to pull his arms back twice before his cars got the boost.

Fumanchu said:
A Bad Clown said:
FF_Fanatic said:

Time Warner?

Haha yeah I looked that up too...not sure what his point was. 

Unless...did Microsoft pay you to say that?! 0_o

Lol only if I was Seece, I had to look it up too. I knew it was some broadcasting company but thought it was Viacom.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yeah , that statement is interesting since the camera does not even have a million pixels.

I noticed in the driving video the guy on the left had to pull his arms back twice before his cars got the boost.

If he pulled his arms back that is entirely his fault since if I am not mistaken you need to lunge your arms forward to boost in Joyride.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Smidlee said:
Euphoria14 said:

If he pulled his arms back that is entirely his fault since if I am not mistaken you need to lunge your arms forward to boost in Joyride.

the girl told them to pull their arms back in to get boost.

I'm really not sure what to think of kinect right now

Major critics like ign seem to hate kinect but smaller sites and the mainstream press seem to love it

its total hit or miss

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

CNN > IGN. At least when talking about a relevant audience for Kinect. Its better to have CNN praise the interface and IGN pan it than for CNN to pan it and IGN to praise it. It should be pretty obvious that Kinect is targetting the mainstream by now, especially given the total lack of a Core gamer bundle with a 250GB Xbox 360 attached.

trunkswd said:
chazy13 said:

I'm really not sure what to think of kinect right now

Major critics like ign seem to hate kinect but smaller sites and the mainstream press seem to love it

its total hit or miss

The mainstream press praising it is what Microsoft wants. Kinect is aimed at people who don't own a 360 and aren't gamers.

If it were aimed at people who aren't gamers who is it aimed at?  Seems like its an awful expensive remote control for your tv if you ask me.  SIGH....

You can tell that a lot of "Fanboys" are scared of Kinect for some reason.  In every Kinect thread there are always people trying to talk it down.  For no other reason than to try and change someones mind about maybe purchasing it?  Wait till the hardware comes out, go try it and judge the damnd thing for yourself people.  Why worry about it if you think its going to suck so bad?

I personally can't wait for the exercise and dance games.  I have become a bit of a couch potato and this will get me off the couch doing something.  So maybe I am no longer a gamer for wanting something like this, but I think it has massive amounts of potential and you will never hear me downing a product for something someone else has said about it.  Until I have tried it myself.

Move is going to suck so much blah blah,  j/k :D  I think it will do well too.  And if it gets someone up off the couch and doing something to get a persons heart rate up a little, it couldn't be a bad thing either.  Cheers everyone, time to step down off of my soap box.

P.S. I am not directly calling anyone out for being a fanboy.  But you guys know who you are!  All I ask is to think a little before you speak or in this case type.  Doing so will probably keep you from looking like an ass clown , douche.  AKA fanboy. :D

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!