By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Overships Ps3 by ALOT

there are lots of things wrong with vgc sales right now and mainly i'm looking at the difference between 41.7 shipped and 41.4m sold, so there is only 300k in shipment waiting for hungry x360s fans you think there would be so much more right now.....

also about ps3 shipped 38.1m vs 36.1m 2million discrepancy?? that is way too much for the time of the year i don;t care what you say there is no way stores would put up with this much overstocking, ps3 is undertracked and both ps3 and x360 sales need modyfying.....

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:
haxxiy said:
But I'm pretty sure Sony at least assembles together PS2s somewhere here in Brazil (Manaus probably).

Correct... PS2 is manufactured in Manaus (Brazil) since early 2009.

So, why it still costing 3 TIMES the north american price?

The import tariff is 21% and a didn`t note any price cut.

Bullshit. The VAT is 18% (not 21%) There _IS_ a reason why Sony built a brand new manufacturing plant in Brazil roughly two years ago.

Brazil Import Duties Shipments by air valued between 51 USD and 3,000 USD are subject to a flat 60% duty and tax on the FOB value of the shipment regardless of the commodity. Medicaments for personal use are exempt from this duty and tax.

And then we add some more very creative taxes like

• Brokerage Fee --1% of C.I.F. value
  • Warehouse Tax --1% of the import duty Fee for Handling Charges--varies according to value of product (from 20 USD to 100 USD)
  • Administration Commission--currently fixed at 50 USD Additional Port Tax--two fees totaling 3 % of C.I.F. value
  • A Merchant Marine Renewal Tax (MMR) is assessed at 25 percent of ocean freight charges on imports by sea, payable by the importer.

• Sorry not channeling, PS3 shipped figures are figures sold to retailers as of 2006 that has always been the case.

So those 38.1M ps3's have been sold to retailers, so the consumers sales likely stand around the middle to higher end of 37 million.

mM
    FF_Fanatic said:

there are lots of things wrong with vgc sales right now and mainly i'm looking at the difference between 41.7 shipped and 41.4m sold, so there is only 300k in shipment waiting for hungry x360s fans you think there would be so much more right now.....

also about ps3 shipped 38.1m vs 36.1m 2million discrepancy?? that is way too much for the time of the year i don;t care what you say there is no way stores would put up with this much overstocking, ps3 is undertracked and both ps3 and x360 sales need modyfying.....

Shhhhhhh ! Don't say that out loud or 360's lead will fall under 4 million ^^

Wow! Damage control!

geddesmond2 said:

Well this is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read and theres some stupid replies too. Anyway how can Sony overship to stores when stores order in from demand. Why do yous think stores do pre orders. To figure out what they will need. What do people actually think Sonys going to announce a number for what they shipped and lie about it just so they can look good with being in third place. Lol come on people thats called fanboyism

Indeed...

there's 600k sold in America, 800k in Europe, and 200k in Japan... that's 1.6M... 800k in shelves sounds a little bit too much after the shortages in the US and Europe...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

Oh please anyone that thinks vgchartz numbers are accurate are idiots especially relating to the ps3, this is like the 3rd time I've seen an article putting the ps3s sales at millions higher then vgchartz put it, and I've heard that the 360s numbers for vgchartz are shipped not sold to start with so bottom line the numbers aren't even remotely accurate for ps3, they seem to be accurate for 360, maybe even over but for the ps3 they're way too low 

Videogirl said:
    FF_Fanatic said:

Shhhhhhh ! Don't say that out loud or 360's lead will fall under 4 million ^^

lol not to mention my incoming ban hammer senses are tingling....

and what about the psp 59 mil sold vs 62.7 shipped yea right thats due for huge adjustment upwards to while nintendo ds is at 132 shipped and 132 sold

yum123 said:

and what about the psp 59 mil sold vs 62.7 shipped yea right thats due for huge adjustment upwards to while nintendo ds is at 132 shipped and 132 sold

seriously? OMG.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

yum123 said:

Nintendo is traditionally a very conservative shipper, they have been since they channel stuffed with GameCube back in 2003 and it came back to bite them in the ass.  They try to keep a tighter supply chain than Sony or MS tend to.

Nintendo also counts 'shipped' slightly differently still iirc.  For Sony it's 'left facility', meaning units in internal warehousing or distribution networks (that are ordered / paid for by retail) are still counted, for Nintendo it's only units that have actually left the company's possession for clients.