By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Sales and Earnings Fall

My guess is most of those R&D expenses were in yen (services executed and paid for in Japan), but most of the revenue was not, maximizing the damage from any 3DS investment on their part

I mean, their model is made to profit at any sales level. Extraneous expenses or bad bookkeeping could be the only reasons for them to take a loss at this point

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

My guess is most of those R&D expenses were in yen (services executed and paid for in Japan), but most of the revenue was not, maximizing the damage from any 3DS investment on their part

I mean, their model is made to profit at any sales level. Extraneous expenses or bad bookkeeping could be the only reasons for them to take a loss at this point

I think their last reported loss was in 2003 or 4, when they were getting the DS, and subsequently the Wii, ready,

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This is good news. Global 3DS Christmas Release OR underwhelming 4th (3rd) Qtr with slumping DS and Wii sales.

BELIEVE

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

To those who think 3DS R&D costs are causing this... The actual R&D expenses listed in the report have only gone up about 15% (and it's a minuscule amount anyways). The overall administrative expenses are actually down, so 3DS development is not having any effect on the bottom line.

The truth is:

-DS sales are down 50%.

-Wii sales revenues are down 25%.

-Software sales are down 20%. 

-Foreign exchange rates are through the roof.

Without the foreign exchange rates Nintendo would still be making a profit. Albeit a very small profit, but at least not a loss.

This will probably all turn around for Q1 2012 when 3DS is selling boatloads of everything.

3DS confirmed for november release. The DS has peaked already but it will still sell once Nintendo cuts the prices of all DS systems thus making ridiculous loads of Money.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909