By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ds to match gba lifetime sales in the uk next week

They will make 5 million consoles in 1 month.

mM
Around the Network

As hard as it is to believe, the GBA only lasted roughly 3.5 years until Nintendo released the DS. The DS has been out for about 3 years. That's not to say that GBA sales stopped after the release of the DS, because that's hardly the case, but sales certainly did drop to some extent. It's still an impressive accomplishment, nonethless.

leo-j said:

they've been stockpileing wii's for months so they might have 5 million stashed away somewhere u never no

@I love xbox

Who has been stock piling wii's?

mM
johnlucas said:

i love xbox 360's signature 

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 20 Million (if they can make enough)

Xbox 360 - 16 Million

Playstation 3 - 8 Million

Smart man. Another one voting for 20 Million on the gamer's ballot.

John Lucas 

i think a lot of people believe the wii can get 20 million or more in sales easily they just don't believe the supply is present

Around the Network
i love xbox 360 said:
leo-j said:

they've been stockpileing wii's for months so they might have 5 million stashed away somewhere u never no

Who are they? Nintendo? Why would they stockpile Wiis? The only reason thatd happen would be if Nintendo felt they needed extra just for christmas. But they need extra all the time, everyone made is sold, they have no need to stockpile.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

leo-j said:
@I love xbox

Who has been stock piling wii's?

nobody will no till the end of the year if they have been pilling wii's up in a warhouse just for christmas

It doesn't say anywhere that the contents of posts have to be SFW you know... just the topics. I believe the idea behind the rule is that anyone should be able to figure a thread is going to be NSFW from reading the topic, and avoid any unnecessary promotions. Then again, avatars are visible everywhere, so they should probably not get any more interesting then yours. =P

Nice to see the DS reach yet another milestone. I don't know if it's ever going to overtake the GBA in the US, but the lifetime sales of its predecessor should be within reach in just over a year or so.

go DS

whoah! That's pretty amazing...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man