By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA July 24th UP!

nightsurge said:
iWarMachine said:
nightsurge said:
iWarMachine said:
nightsurge said:
Serious_frusting said:

I wonder where the 360 sales are going to settle at. maybe around the 50K mark

PS3 holding up well

Only 50k?  Id say closer to 80k and even that won't be until the demand is met.  At which point the new Arcade 360S will be out and another boost will be there so even 80k may be too low.

above DS and Wii? nah. 50k.

80k wouldn't be above the DS.  And the Wii has seen massive YOY decline.  80k seems much more likely.  Dropping down to just 10k higher than the pre-Slim numbers is not going to happen.

*looks at PS3*

yes it will =/ BET!

You want to bet that the 360 EMEAA sales will drop down to 50k sometime before the end of this year?

yep ^^

let's make this exciting xD

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

Funny how anything negative is considered "Mitigating Damages" now.  It was pretty good for awhile, but going the way of the words "Eternal" and "Epic" in video game titles (over used).

Either way, looks like the 360 will stay at or around 100k for at least another week.  Im still thinking 60-70k stabilization until September.  It should stay ahead of the PS3 and Wii until then at least.

Xbox 360 doing GREAT! i Think this holidays Wii wont get any chance in Americas but will Win Eu and Japan... just my 2cents...

So much ganging up and double standards in this thread :S it'z almost bizarre..then again, nothing I wouldn't expect from such individuals either

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

iWarMachine said:
nightsurge said:
iWarMachine said:
nightsurge said:
iWarMachine said:
nightsurge said:
Serious_frusting said:

I wonder where the 360 sales are going to settle at. maybe around the 50K mark

PS3 holding up well

Only 50k?  Id say closer to 80k and even that won't be until the demand is met.  At which point the new Arcade 360S will be out and another boost will be there so even 80k may be too low.

above DS and Wii? nah. 50k.

80k wouldn't be above the DS.  And the Wii has seen massive YOY decline.  80k seems much more likely.  Dropping down to just 10k higher than the pre-Slim numbers is not going to happen.

*looks at PS3*

yes it will =/ BET!

You want to bet that the 360 EMEAA sales will drop down to 50k sometime before the end of this year?

yep ^^

let's make this exciting xD

I'm game.  What are your terms?

Around the Network
Infamous said:

Wow, BHR having a meltdown up in here! I can't believe he actually said he was "shaking in his pants," though..  just wow.

Btw, didn't GAME say that 360slims are severely supply constrained in the UK? And working at Gamestop here in the US, we don't have any in stock, neither, with people asking us everyday for one.

Yeah, it's going to be a nonstop amazing year for the Xbox 360, especially when counting in Reach and Kinect. I can't wait for more meltdowns. xD

Neither can I! Meltdowns are about 40% the reason why I come to this site.

RaY_Z said:
Acevil said:
RaY_Z said:

ahhhh jealous ps3 fanboys...

i love it! =)

I love it, that you have a god of war avatar while saying that, but I guess until further notice, ps3 is stuck in third place for awhile. A lot of people hoped that 360 would be third by sometime 2011, but doesn't seem like it now. 

so? GOW3 ROCKS!!!..

its the main reason why i do play the ps3....

The reason I said that because, rarely does someone with such avatar go lol ps3 fans. Don't mean to offend you. 

how come i get moderated but this bhr 3 guy get to spew lies and hate against the 360 un moderated?

dunno001 said:
BHR-3 said:
nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:

360 S 4gb at 150 pound

http://www.ripten.com/2010/07/20/microsoft-announces-official-kinect-price-xbox-360-4gb-sam-n/

360 120gb 150pound

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console/~r343541/

now stop qouting me your looking silly also you'll never win against me 

That's the super clearance price.  Wow... once again you fail.

Also, I'm referring to US ACTUAL NON CLEARANCE PRICES.  UK Prices are always off the mark even with exchange rates...  360 Elite: $300;  360 S 250gb w Wifi: $300; 360 Arcade 512mb: $200; 360 S Arcade w Wifi and 4gb: $200

no its not that was the price drop of it soon after e3 b/c they were discontinued ask anyone in EU and why would you be referring to US prices in a EU thread?

I don't get the US price comparison in an EU (okay, EMEAA) thread myself, but he does have a valid point on the clearance pricing. Your GAME link even acknowledges that the RRP of the Elite is £50 than the 4 GB arcade. I'll hazard a guess that the £149.99 arcade will also drop in price once demand subsides. (Discounting on systems seems to be somewhat commonplace in Europe, for some reason.) Amazon.co.uk confirms these retails, and still has a price of £189.99 on the old Elite. Going to Amazon.de shows a similar case: €237.23 on the old elite 120, and €203.99 on the slim arcade.

Also unrelated to other things, I can back up your statement on the release being the 20th of August, in regards to those lower posts.

fine i quess he didnt have to get all read the forum rules on me

was just under the assumption that all skus got about 50 taken off there price tag shortly after E3 i remember in 09 the elite and arcade were £199€249 and £159€199 that arcade was up from £129€179

even if not all of EU has the elite to 150 pound 180 euro they still have it pretty close and thats considering it comes with a HDD i was just trying to state why i dont think 3604gb wont have a big impact the prices was one reason i gave and the upcoming kenic bundle being a better value is the other

i dont agree with your prediction that the 360 4gb will get a price cut b/c it kinda already did its down from £159€199 to £149€179 and since it releases near sep when do you think they'll drop it again? ive rarely seen consoles get dropped in price soon after they release

also to note about prices from uk to us

360S £199=$311 $300 off by 11

3604gb £150=$233 $200 off by 33

PS3 120gb £250=$389 $300 off by 89

PS3 250gb £285=445 $350 off by 95

Wii £179=280 $200 off by 80

why is the 360 uk and even euro prices similar to US dollars when converting but for wii and ps3 there not?

Play Me

Metallicube said:

Come on Wii, just hang in there until the holiday season :(

I think I've finally conceded the fact that Nintendo needs a new console next year. There are simply too many 3rd parties standing against the Wii, and they are killing it prematurely with their lack of support. I think Japan and Europe should get the new console in holiday of 2011, while Nintendo can probably hold off America until Spring of 2012 since it is its strongest market.

This will be perfect because this way they can release their new handheld late this year/early next year, and follow it shortly with a new console late next year/early 2012.

They would also be the first out of the gate with both their new handheld AND new console, as Sony and MS wouldn't be likely to release another anytime soon. So Wii's successor could build an early lead on the next generation of Sony and MS consoles and perhaps gather more 3rd party support to them. It's not like Nintendo would have to worry about supporting the Wii for much longer anyway because it is too far in first to be caught by Sony or MS at this point. MS and Sony would be busy in 2012 chasing Wii, while Nintendo's new console gets a huge head start in the next console race.

For a new home console to make any difference for third parties, Wii 2 will have to be much more powerful than either the PS3 or the 360. 3rd parties do not care about gameplay innovations, as this gen has shown. The money for them is where performance is better. So I honestly don't know what Nintendo is going to do.

Not releasing anything next year would be suicidal, since the console has virtually no more 3rd party support and Nintendo hasn't got many games coming up for it/ isn't willing to localize most of the games. PS3 and 360 could comfortably spend 2-3 more years on the market on the back of all the 3rd party support. Wii has hit the no-return point, from now on it's a downhill road.

But releasing a new console that's not very powerful would be dangerous as well. Third parties will give it the same HD games and that's it. With PS3 and 360 having hit a good price point and already having motion controls, releasing a beefed up Wii would be useless and will lead to massive losses.

The only thing they have left to do is release something truly, really innovative, but also really powerful. Innovative alone won't do it, as seen with the Wii this gen. But innovative and powerful also means expensive, something Nintendo doesn't want. So I think they are in a bit of trouble in deciding what to do next. It's not an easy decision and to really get 3rd party support on their side, they will have to consider these. That is unless they don't want third party support and decide that 1st party games can sustain the company, which is actually what's happening right now, but releasing so few games per year means sales will undoubtedly go down, and they also need to focus on their portable, meaning sales of their home console are indeed not getting help from that fact.

Nintendo will always lose when it comes to third party support wiht their home consoles. I think they must visualize a possible future scenario where their next console will have to sustain itself all by 1st party releases, which means they will have to invest heavily in new studios. Wii could have lasted so much more than 5 years, but lack of support was too much.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies