By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

Oh goody.  Back one day and trolling Halo again. Hooray.  What a surprise.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

Dude the guy is rediculously dumb, thats all I have to say about this twat

Cant wait for Halo:Reach

chocoloco said:
themanwithnoname said:
chocoloco said:

The main point is that there will be tons of variety in who get game of the year. Its stupid to bitch if some game nerd disagrees. Also this Shane guy has probably played more games than most of the people on here so his opinion is better than a persons who only owns one console.

No, his opinion is pretty much "Halo isn't as good as Call of Duty because it isn't as realistic." I don't need to play 500 games to call that kind of opinion on what it is: a stupid one.

Yeah, but his opinion on games in general is better than the average forum poster because his job is to play games so he probably plays for all the platforms. A lot of fools on here won't even give certain companies a chance so their opinion is more biased.

Shane is pretty much an idiot no matter what he is talking about.

Every hyper realistic shooter plays the same (and all fail in comparison to CS:S :P ).  I love arcadey FPSs because of how they mix up gameplay.  War Rock is easily my favorite free online FPS and it's also the most arcadey.

chocoloco said:
themanwithnoname said:
chocoloco said:

The main point is that there will be tons of variety in who get game of the year. Its stupid to bitch if some game nerd disagrees. Also this Shane guy has probably played more games than most of the people on here so his opinion is better than a persons who only owns one console.

No, his opinion is pretty much "Halo isn't as good as Call of Duty because it isn't as realistic." I don't need to play 500 games to call that kind of opinion on what it is: a stupid one.

Yeah, but his opinion on games in general is better than the average forum poster because his job is to play games so he probably plays for all the platforms. A lot of fools on here won't even give certain companies a chance so their opinion is more biased.

Thats sort of like saying, I am older than you are and more experienced so I am always right.  Somehow I just don't believe this is always the case.

The guy has shown his colors in the past to be "Pro" PS3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It just puts a bit of a stigma on him that you may not be able to trust what he says when it comes to a console other than the PS3.  

Personally I like "Arcadey" FPS games and I would hate to see the genre to dis-appear (which I think will never happen).  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
damndl0ser said:
chocoloco said:
themanwithnoname said:
chocoloco said:

Thats sort of like saying, I am older than you are and more experienced so I am always right.  Somehow I just don't believe this is always the case.

The guy has shown his colors in the past to be "Pro" PS3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It just puts a bit of a stigma on him that you may not be able to trust what he says when it comes to a console other than the PS3.  

Personally I like "Arcadey" FPS games and I would hate to see the genre to dis-appear (which I think will never happen).  

As far as this goes, he said he doesn't like Halo: Reach because it's not realistic enough.  Personal preferences. Nothing more.

Should we all gang up on people because they don't like the same things as we do?  It doesn't make them retards or anything.

BenVTrigger said:
iWarMachine said:
thranx said:
SMC said:

Halo has been miles behind Killzone in graphics, technology, multiplayer and realism since KZ2.

But very few actually care about those things. To many what's more important is:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

And an overwhelming amount of people think that Halo nail those two points spot on. So, my point is that bringing realism and Killzone into a Halo discussion is irrelevant, because nobody in Halo world cares.

Care to elaborate? I will admit I have never played KZ2 but I believe halo's continued online presence and local multiplayer may have an edge over kz2 for multiplayer. What technology? is that the same as graphics? Cause to me having split screen this generation seems to be what is hard for devs, that seems to be superior technology. What is so real about KZ2, I will admit halo is not super realistic, outside of its sci fi theme it is as realistic as most other console shooters. Or what do you mean by realistic? graphics? Physics? Style?

Your opther points I agree with.

Edit: Didn't finish reading the thread before I posted this.

can i enter in the conversation? =P i'll do it anyways ^^

Well, IMO, Killzone 2 has an advantage over Halo in terms of Technology in terms of MP&SP because in SP is pulling big set pieces with over 20 enemies AIs and over 20 Allies AIs with those crazy graphics...and in MP because it's hosting matches of 32 users with really big maps fighting with Turrets, Sentinels and destructible environments...

also Realism it's much clear in Killzone 2...when you play the game for the first time, you can see that the controls weight are much more realistic, the recoil is much more present, and the collision detection is pretty much nailed.

but in Multiplayer Mode as a whole...it's subjective, IMO the core MP part of Killzone 2 is much more refined than in Halo where you've lots of modes with none of them being the MAIN mode...let me explain, in Killzone 2 you've Warzone which is a competitive mode with lots of different game modes in it, like capture the flag, team deathmatch, free for all, bodycount, etc. and it's pretty well balanced...and that's all you got. but in Halo you've lots of competitive modes, co-op modes, forge, theater, etc. and it feels like you don't have a classic competitive multiplayer in it. (i'm not saying that having only one game mode is good, i'm saying that the MP in Killzone 2 is more focused and that makes it better in a way)  but like i said, Multiplayer is subjective.

KZ2 has bigger set pieces than Halo 3? Lol dude I hope your joking because the battle with the two MASSIVE scarabs, all the marines driving around them in Warthogs, Mongoose's, and Hornets both on air and land with dozens of enemy Covenant AI running around all while being completly open to roam and not a "corridor shooter" FAR surpasses anything K2 has in terms of assets running and scale. And thats not even mentioning what Halo Reach will bring to the table.

KZ2 obviously has a huge advantage graphically though. And is much more realistic.  But Halo doesn't have any desire to be realistic.  I mean your playing as a genetically altered super soldier who has been bred since he was 6 years old to kill every single thing that gets in his way.  Plus your in space fighting a giant alien invasion who's sole intent is to completely turn the human species extinct.  Realism is the last thing Halo is worried about.

Also dude there is not one part of KZ2 with over 20 enemy AI as well as 20 allies on screen.

bam there it is (Bolded & Underlined)

there's 2 levels in Kz2 with over 20 enemies AIs and 20 Allies...the level after the atomic explosion where you pilot a mech, the level where you're entering to Radec Academy...and i think there's another level. i should play the game again...

and i'm not mentioning what Killzone 3 could bring to the table (Bolded & Italic)

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

KylieDog said:

To be honest if any of those games mentioned gets GOTY it speaks volumes for how bad a year its been.  Although I have not played Alan Wake to be fair, so exclude that from the list.

This! Any year where a bunch of mediocre sequels can be considered GOTY is not a good year. Of course any resonible person already knows that SC2 is getting the GOTY.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
KylieDog said:

To be honest if any of those games mentioned gets GOTY it speaks volumes for how bad a year its been.  Although I have not played Alan Wake to be fair, so exclude that from the list.

This! Any year where a bunch of mediocre sequels can be considered GOTY is not a good year. Of course any resonible person already knows that SC2 is getting the GOTY.

Medicore sequels? I wouldn't call ME 2, GoW 3, SMG 2 and SC 2 (as you mentioned) mediocre.

mundus6 said:
leatherhat said:
KylieDog said:

Medicore sequels? I wouldn't call ME 2, GoW 3, SMG 2 and SC 2 (as you mentioned) mediocre.

They all are, with the possible exception of SC2. The fact that they are considered the best of the year show how far standards have fallen. Not saying that any of them are bad games, but they certaintly aren't up to GOTY snuff.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype