By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Great game but what a huge learning curve! These is a really hardcore game. It took me a while to understand the gameplay since I am new to the series.

So I have some questions...

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...)  40-44 hours

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear...

not much unless you're really into leveling different characters/getting all the characters (some require a second playthrough)

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it)

I liked the story, I thought the game overall was a huge improvement over path of radiance.

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...)

Do you mean like random battles?  If so no

5. Rumours about sequels?

Haven't heard any but it's possible.  They'll either do a sequel or remake an older title like Fire Emblem Gaiden (seems like they're making marths games on the DS so it makes sense to have the side story on home console as it would be separated in a sense)

6. Post anything you want about this game. I think is awesome in its own way.

I liked it a lot, I hope they make another game with Ike, let it be his final one though seeing as PoR was his youth, RD was his prime, the next should be him as a battle hardened veteran.

Around the Network

Path of Radiance was 30 Chapters counting prologue and Epilogue. Radiant Dawn is closer to 45, if you count the five-part finale.

You can get a lot of replay value even if you ignore multiple difficulties, because you want to explore the same difficulty in multiple ways. Cultivate some characters at the expense of others, then try it again and again, then proceed to higher difficulties and try it again, and that's 50 hours each step.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

im_sneaky said:

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...) It is, I believe, 38 chapters long. More or less. It took me about 25 hours the first time I played it, it would probably take you longer.

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear... There are no hidden secrets to unlock etc etc by playing again, most people simply do it because they love the gameplay.

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it) I dislike it, as I find it a poor sequel to PoR. I find that the jumping around didn't let me connect to the characters, and that parts felt rushed while others felt drawn out.

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...) No. FE is always linear.

5. Rumours about sequels? Very doubtful. The story is wrapped up, however Ike may appear in another game that takes place on another continent. If so, it probably wouldn't release for at least 4 years and almost surely not on the Wii.

At #2. Actually, there is some replayability. There are multiple endings and I doubt you unlock everything in one playthrough(in terms of endings and possibly characters). Obviously there may not be as high of replayability due to a lack of any multiplayer or at least chapter select.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Great game but what a huge learning curve! These is a really hardcore game. It took me a while to understand the gameplay since I am new to the series.

So I have some questions...

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...)

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear...

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it)

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...)

5. Rumours about sequels?

1. Around 50-55 hours if you are slow like me

2.  I guest it depends of the person and the difficulty you are playing first. If you like the gameplay and like playing with different characters yo might play it again (I've only beat it 3 times but when I have more time I will play one more time)

3. The story its not mind blowing but its OK.

4. mmm not sure if I understand your question, but if your talking about changing characters outfit, hair style or something like that, you might get disappointed.

5. No rumors about a direct sequel, this game its a sequel to Path of Radiance though, and a new Fire Emblem game was released in Japan last week.

6. My favorite Wii game :p

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Anybody know where a guy can still find this game? I got a Wii 2 years after launch and couldnt find it in stores. I loved Path of Radiance and always wanted to play this one.

Around the Network
homer said:
im_sneaky said:

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...) It is, I believe, 38 chapters long. More or less. It took me about 25 hours the first time I played it, it would probably take you longer.

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear... There are no hidden secrets to unlock etc etc by playing again, most people simply do it because they love the gameplay.

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it) I dislike it, as I find it a poor sequel to PoR. I find that the jumping around didn't let me connect to the characters, and that parts felt rushed while others felt drawn out.

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...) No. FE is always linear.

5. Rumours about sequels? Very doubtful. The story is wrapped up, however Ike may appear in another game that takes place on another continent. If so, it probably wouldn't release for at least 4 years and almost surely not on the Wii.

At #2. Actually, there is some replayability. There are multiple endings and I doubt you unlock everything in one playthrough(in terms of endings and possibly characters). Obviously there may not be as high of replayability due to a lack of any multiplayer or at least chapter select.

Right I forgot there is additional dialogue on subsequent playthroughs. I'm not sure why people are saying 40 hours? I got through it in well under 30 the first time. I beat it twice but I don't remember second playtime.