By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why don't you believe in a god?

Reasons to why i don't believe in God.

- Gods of modern day religions isn't the true origin of Gods.
Multiple prophets and God-like figures have existed prior to todays Gods and prophets. So why should one believe in something post processed, that might not be true to the original image or idea?

- Man made God
The Bible says that God created Man, but yet anything that has to do with God is man made. The bible is written by man, the church is made by man, the power of religion is made by man, the word of god is spread by man, the godly world we live in today is made by man.

- A Christian God can not exist
The all Perfect, all good, all knowing God Christians believe in can not exist. In the words of Chad Docterman "If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible. Let us suppose that this perfect God did create the universe. Humans were the crown of his creation, since they were created in God's image and had the ability to make decisions. However, these humans spoiled the original perfection by choosing to disobey God.

If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it, yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans.

The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot make itself imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible. "

- History
History tells us the story of religions evolution. How the church was corrupt, the war between kings and the church, the economical aspects of religion and impact on society, the moral and educational role the church had and lost, the reasons to why man wanted to spread the word of god throughout the world. The business, the treasures, the power, the reason for war on sience etc. All of this are actions made for the benefit of man, not god.

Tithe, the tax payed to the Church and thereby God wasn't invented so that God would give you "high fives", it was man made because the church was in need of funds. The Pope wasn't a direct link to God, since God is all knowing and all seeing, and the Pope is a position within the church and is decided by men. God hasn't got any say in it, its all man made. The expansion of monasteris and the holy wars wasn't decisions made by God, it was man who sought to gain political power and money. Sience wasn't downplayed by God as an act of Evil, men of religion decided that sience was evil. Why would God need men to control mere mortal structures in holy wars? Its all man made and religion as such is a man made phenomenon.

- The word of God
Man chose evil and had to be punished, forgiveness could be achieved only if you accept the word of god as truth and you dedicate your life to the word of god. People in far out places of this world who haven't had a chance to even know about the creation and the life of whatever god or prohpet, are judged and sentanced to the enternal fires of hell, which tells us that belief is more important than actions. And thats kind of a paradox, a perfectly just God to judge a man for not dedicating his life to the word of god, words this man do not know of, is impossible. You ca not be perfectly just at the same time as you judge a man to hell for sins he don't have a chance to repent.

- Logic and Sience
If i tell you that i believe there is unicorns i'd be laughed at, despite the fact that its more likely that a subspecies of the family Equidae exists, than something unearthly that somehow created the universe and everything we are in seven days.

If i tell you i believe in flying dragons i'd be laughed at, despite the fact that its more likely that a subspecies of the family Reptilia have existed, than some universal all knowing force that has the ability to listen to prayers from 7 billion people.

If i tell you i believe in Norse Mythology and that Thor is riding the skies and that together with his horses and hammer was the cause of thunder and lightning, i'd sound like a crazy person because we know what causes thunder and lightning. But if i tell you i believe that a burning bush told Moses that he was chosen by God, that Jesus walked on water or that the world is going to end in a war between demons and gods, im religious.

---

These are some of the topics to why i dont believe in God, and i don't see how people are allowed to believe in the man made God that exists our daily life today. In my opinion these people are a risk to society and crazy people that needs to be locked up or controlled so that they can't affect our lifes and affect our society. The danger of having a person of religions beliefs in the White House for example.. i mean, to have a man with such powers believing in a space creator that can hear his thoughts and that speaks and guides him, is borderline crazy! And i don't want a crazy person in control of nuclear weapons!

Around the Network

I do so...

Armads said:
Smidlee said:

Even scientist claims 90% of the universe is not made up of matter. So the universe is made up 90% of nothing and 10 % of something then what is more real something or nothing?  What if everything is actually made of nothing? What exactly is this stuff we call matter? And does it really matter?

Ever notice the more scientist learns the more wacky their theories becomes.

It's not made up of 90% nothing it's made up of matter, antimatter, and darkmatter.  Yes matter we are made of is a small amount of what is in the universe and an equally small amount of antimatter makes up some of the rest of the universe, everything else is dark matter.

I don't really see what you're arguing with that statement though.

"It's not made up of 90% nothing it's made up of matter, antimatter, and "magic dust".  Yes matter we are made of is a small amount of what is in the universe and an equally small amount of antimatter makes up some of the rest of the universe, everything else is "magic".

vlad321 said:

So a better question for you is this, why do you believe in God, but not fairies or unicorns or vampires?

I do believe in vampires. We seem to elect a butch of them.

Why noone starts a  thread like  "Why don't you believe in vampires, unicorns, fairies?" Maybe  that's because they are not on the same level.

Smidlee said:
vlad321 said:

So a better question for you is this, why do you believe in God, but not fairies or unicorns or vampires?

I do believe in vampires. We seem to elect a butch of them.

Why noone starts a  thread like  "Why don't you believe in vampires, unicorns, fairies?" Maybe  that's because they are not on the same level.

What do you mean on the same level? They have just as much backing and support as any God in any religion in the world, what makes them of a lesser level? Who decided who and what is of a lesser and higher level?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Armads said:
Smidlee said:

Even scientist claims 90% of the universe is not made up of matter. So the universe is made up 90% of nothing and 10 % of something then what is more real something or nothing?  What if everything is actually made of nothing? What exactly is this stuff we call matter? And does it really matter?

It's not made up of 90% nothing it's made up of matter, antimatter, and darkmatter.  Yes matter we are made of is a small amount of what is in the universe and an equally small amount of antimatter makes up some of the rest of the universe, everything else is dark matter.

I don't really see what you're arguing with that statement though.

"It's not made up of 90% nothing it's made up of matter, antimatter, and "magic dust".  Yes matter we are made of is a small amount of what is in the universe and an equally small amount of antimatter makes up some of the rest of the universe, everything else is "magic".

Dark matter is not "nothing" as you called it, just because we don't fully understand it doesn't make it not there.

The whole fact we are texting over the subject when noone cares if unicorn exist or not. If unicorns did exist it wouldn't be any special than a horse or a zebra.

Armads said:

Dark matter is not "nothing" as you called it, just because we don't fully understand it doesn't make it not there.

LOL . "god" matter works in mysterious ways , who can know them?

Smidlee said:
Armads said:

LOL . "god" matter works in mysterious ways , who can know them?

You realize people were saying the same thing about antimatter until it was isolated.  Dark matter isn't a matter of faith brought upon by tradition and indoctrination, it was a conclusion that was came to through the product of physics research.

dtewi said:
trestres said:
Smidlee said:
trestres said:
Smidlee said:

Even scientist claims 90% of the universe is not made up of matter. So the universe is made up 90% of nothing and 10 % of something then what is more real something or nothing?  What if everything is actually made of nothing? What exactly is this stuff we can matter? And does it really matter?

There's time in the universe. That "nothing" you claim is going through time and it's in space. It's not as simple as you believe. Universe is space plus time.

Exactly what is  space? Is space made out of nothing also? I would think space has to something yet it seems to be made of nothing.

Space confines you to the three dimensional universe. Time is the "fourth" dimension. These limits are believed by science to have started with the big bang. Outside that there are no dimensions.

Time isn't the fourth dimension.

Dimensions are spatial and time is not spatial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Time is different under classical physics but relativity joins it in with the spatial dimensions.

Smidlee said:

You're arguing from ignorance. Just because you don't understand their theories doesn't make them incorrect. Also you've introduced a false dichotomy, the choices aren't 'matter or nothing' - dark matter will most likely not fit into either category.