By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Earnings Announcement - July 22nd 2010

DirtyP2002 said:

for freaks like myself: The conference call starts any second now

http://www.shareholder.com/visitors/event/build2/MediaPresentation.cfm?MediaID=42841&MediaUserID=0&player=1

I doubt the analysts will ask anything that we want to hear about. Maybe we will get a hard number on that kin charge.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:

VGZ around 40.7 million sold for 360 till June. Diffrence of just 1 million between shipped and sold.

do you think they ship big numbers just before the redesign of the console? 1 million in stores right before a new version is released seems to be very accurate IMO

Slim NA launch was in June.....

Okay, Xbox 360 is heavily overtracked. We should adjust it with - 1 million units. Is that what you wanna here?

Did i say that? I just want consistency, seriously at this point PS3 also should have diffrence of 1 million or less.

VGC has the Xbox 360 at 1.4 million for this period. So MS build up stock according to VGC.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:

VGZ around 40.7 million sold for 360 till June. Diffrence of just 1 million between shipped and sold.

do you think they ship big numbers just before the redesign of the console? 1 million in stores right before a new version is released seems to be very accurate IMO

Slim NA launch was in June.....

Okay, Xbox 360 is heavily overtracked. We should adjust it with - 1 million units. Is that what you wanna here?

Did i say that? I just want consistency, seriously at this point PS3 also should have diffrence of 1 million or less.

VGC has the Xbox 360 at 1.4 million for this period. So MS build up stock according to VGC.

maybe vgchartz has undertracked the 360 sales, or you know what, its perfectly normal that retailers would want to bulid supply just before they start selling.

MS did very well as a company but.......

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

gaming revenue up 30%

Digital sales revenue higher than subscription revenue

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
postofficebuddy said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shanbcn said:

Not to troll or anything, and in all likely this is incorrect, but didn't someone say that the European units would have already shipped by the end of June? And I imagine they would have wanted to stuff as many as they could into Japan to test the waters for MH Frontier. Anyone here work in a European retailer? Did you get your shipment in June? Although really this is all conjecture, VGC is probably spot on.

I doubt retailers had them in stock for 3 weeks or even more. You did not hear any reports about getting a system early or anything like that.

Shipped doesnt mean they are sitting in retailers stores/storerooms.  Shipping via Boats and trucks and customs all takes time.  So again these numbers are shipments through the end of June.  Anything that shipped July 1 doesnt count.  Anything coming out of the manufacturer facility and on its way to distributors/retailers is shipped.  May be a month or more before they are available to purchse.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:

but what?

It could just me not doing my research, but based on the big fans in this site, I was expecting huge numbers for the Xbox division. Some of us were talking about billions if I remember correctly. And, yes, the 360 is slightly overtracked.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

but what?

It could just me not doing my research, but based on the big fans in this site, I was expecting huge numbers for the Xbox division. Some of us were talking about billions if I remember correctly. And, yes, the 360 is slightly overtracked.

lol only idiots would be talking about billions. no the xbox isn't overtracked, how's did you come to this conclusion? 1.6 billion  is 343 milllion more y/y. Next quarter should be huge. Halo Reach and all those Xbox sales we are seeing in july, should give a nice boost to revenues and earnings.

OKay no number given for the kin charge, They guided EED to be up for the next yr in the mid teens.  Which seems conservative given the sales pace of the new Xbox and kinect preorders have looked pretty strong. Then you have the growth in Xbox live subscriptions and sales. Throw in Halo reach and Gaming Revenue looks to have a good yr.  Don't forget that Windows 7 phone is launching, but we haven't seen any of the phones yet.

psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

but what?

VGC: 1.4 million sold

MS: 1.5 million shipped

So MS build up stock according to VGC.

and you can be sure that Xbox 360 made a billion USD profit this year. Zune, Kin and Windows Mobile killed it though. Q1 2011 will be big and Q2 2011 will be huge.

That was the quarter for the slowest time of the year and they sold 500k consoles per month. Being up YoY without a pricecut is not bad. There was no big software release. Alan Wake did not sell as good as it deserved and that's about it for MGS in the past 3 months. RDR, Splinter Cell sold well, but these games are 3rd party and ms just gets a small fee.

Next quarter they will release Halo Reach and every single cent will go to MS. And the slim sales will be included. So if the Xbox 360S is profitable, which is just logical, because the PS3 is, we will see a great quarter for them. Even though we have to see what The Xbox 360 4GB will do.

The quarter after (Q2 2011) we will see the release of Fable III and Kinect plus 4 first party Kinect games. Molyneux estimated Fable III to make a 150 million profit (lifetime). MS estimated a 15% growth of revenue. With much lower costs of revenue, because Kin is finally gone, they will profit big time.

Just compare fiscal year 2010 with fiscal year 2011.

"Big" 1st party (MS = publisher) software titles

2010:

• Forza Motorsport 3 (3 million)
  • Halo ODST (6 million)
  • Alan Wake (<1 million)
  • Halo Wars (2 million)

2011:

• Halo Reach (10 million)
  • Fable III (5 million)
  • Gears of War 3 (6 million)
  • Crackdown 2 (1 million)
  • Kinect titles (everybodys guess)

Hardware:

• nothing

• Kinect
  • Slim consoles

2010 = 680 million profit
2011 = ???

---

In a word: This quarter was ruined by Kin, next year will be awesome.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...