By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazon say 6ft of space needed for Kinect

I can't have one in my bathroom, when will the bad news end

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

It's just informing consumers.

Apartment life among gamers is common - not everywhere has the luxury of space.

Well... This completely rules out getting it for MY Xbox. Still might get it for the one in the front room though, if there ends up being any games i want for it.

This is probably gonna be a problem  for a lot of people.  You need a pretty big room if your gonna be playing some of the more active games let alone play 2 player.

You can make more room by dumping the unnecessary couch.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

hmm... a playstation guy posting a negative (or possibly negative) aspect on kinect on a microsoft forum...

"meeee hungry... meee want some food!!!"

so basically you need a big house and to be really rich to play this looks like a definetly pass for me

PS fan or not this is useful infornation. It's range is 4-11 feet yet how well can it track at 4 feet away? Does the 4 feet min include tracking your hands in front of your body? If so then 6 feet where you need to stand. Maybe you need 6 feet for two players while 4 enough for one.

I think even the wii-mote  need around 3-4 feet to track the IR bar.

BBH said:
chocoloco said:

It's just informing consumers.

Apartment life among gamers is common - not everywhere has the luxury of space.

Its not just apartments either, homes that are old enough are often small (relative to what new homes are like); and often have a small living room that seems crowded with a couch, a chair or two, a TV and the electronic components. 

Now 6 feet isn’t that bad, and most people should probably be able to get 6 feet between Kinect and the players; but I could see a lot of people having to move furniture to play Kinect which would take away from the desire to play it for some people.

Edit: Where this space could become a problem is if developers expect people to have enough space to move around. If you need to be at least 6 feet away from the TV and developers expect each player to have a 6ft by 6ft playing area a lot of people would have difficulty setting that up in their apartment or house.

yum123 said:

so basically you need a big house and to be really rich to play this looks like a definetly pass for me

Not necessary as some mobile homes has the living room and kitchen combine. All you need to do it put Kinect in the kitchen behind the TV or playing Kinect in the kitchen with Kinect/TV in the living room. :)