By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEW Sony Move Tech Demo: RTS and many more new gameplay types

joeorc said:
steverhcp02 said:

I think these are neat, but what id rather have them show is a combination tech demo. Like the guys saying "far cry" to the chameleon or whatever...but how would that work in the far cry universe?

I want to see a 3rd person game with all the gameplay, not just a piece of what can be used in a certain instance because for it to work it has to be continuous and fluid.

Im slightly more hopeful with RUSE, Heavy Rain, LBP2, Socom, Killzone etc. getting move support since those are games id play regardless, ill give move a shot with them, but im still skepticle the entire package, a whole gaming experience can excel solely with Move, i hope to be proven wrong.

remember these tech Demo's go into the SDK as source so that's the point, and not to just Sony 1st party this even goes out to the 3rd party's Anton was asked how their demo's go out and he already stated these go out to all parties. so making a game with the functionality is based on the skill and experience of the developer, the tool's are there for them to use.

I think we will see the proper usage of these tech demoes by next E3 or so

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
joeorc said:
steverhcp02 said:

I think these are neat, but what id rather have them show is a combination tech demo. Like the guys saying "far cry" to the chameleon or whatever...but how would that work in the far cry universe?

I want to see a 3rd person game with all the gameplay, not just a piece of what can be used in a certain instance because for it to work it has to be continuous and fluid.

Im slightly more hopeful with RUSE, Heavy Rain, LBP2, Socom, Killzone etc. getting move support since those are games id play regardless, ill give move a shot with them, but im still skepticle the entire package, a whole gaming experience can excel solely with Move, i hope to be proven wrong.

remember these tech Demo's go into the SDK as source so that's the point, and not to just Sony 1st party this even goes out to the 3rd party's Anton was asked how their demo's go out and he already stated these go out to all parties. so making a game with the functionality is based on the skill and experience of the developer, the tool's are there for them to use.

I think we will see the proper usage of these tech demoes by next E3 or so

esp. from the download space on PSN I think many of the Move Games will be created in the PSN space and since the ability to add Move motion control function's to games are not very hard from the developer talks that may bode very well for Move support for PSN game .

RTS type games ,I see being a strong viable platform on the PS3 due to the control capabilities of the Move.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
steverhcp02 said:

exactly. Each piece may work, but im skepticle on whether or not a full game can be fluid and made well using 2 moves the whole time or a move and navi.

steverhcp02 said:
joeorc said:
steverhcp02 said:

exactly. Each piece may work, but im skepticle on whether or not a full game can be fluid and made well using 2 moves the whole time or a move and navi.

well think about this the point of the testing phase is to iron out the bug's in the software, right?

the developer's have had these playstation move kit's for quite some time right?

sofar we have seen demo's of not only the Tech. itself, but of actual game's.

but here's the thing even when these game's were @ 40% or less in their Code they still performed well enough to show off at the show's and people even who tested it out stated that the demo's may have problem's that many doubt there will be any real problem when it and the game's get released to take away from the game quality.

That I think is the Big point many people who have tried out the Playstation Move has said it perform's well at the task's it's being made to do, like in ping pong when you turn your wrist so does the avatar on screen follow the same movement with near to no lag what so ever. these were early demo's not final. even @ E3 well before it get's released the Playstation Move is performing on software control very well. no real worries by the Media out of E3 about Move in it's ability to function.

So i can see how you may think there is some fault or problem with the move in how it control's the software but I think right now the people who have tested it do not see that as any real problem with Move. just by going with the people who tested out the control's

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:

well think about this the point of the testing phase is to iron out the bug's in the software, right?

the developer's have had these playstation move kit's for quite some time right?

but here's the thing even when these game's were @ 40% or less in their Code they still performed well enough to show off at the show's and people even who tested it out stated that the demo's may have problem's that many doubt there will be any real problem when it and the game's get released to take away from the game quality.

That I think is the Big point many people who have tried out the Playstation Move has said it perform's well at the task's it's being made to do, like in ping pong when you turn your wrist so does the avatar on screen follow the same movement with near to no lag what so ever. these were early demo's not final. even @ E3 well before it get's released the Playstation Move is performing on software control very well. no real worries by the Media out of E3 about Move in it's ability to function.

So i can see how you may think there is some fault or problem with the move in how it control's the software but I think right now the people who have tested it do not see that as any real problem with Move. just by going with the people who tested out the control's

Well, the positive hands on impressions have made me slightly interested, thats for sure. I guess im just skepticle because i didnt think the Wii would work, I caved after everyone i knew said it was awesome so i got one for my parents and i couldnt use it for more than a few minutes because there were always great "segements" in games but the overal feel always felt like i was sacrificing the gameplay in between these segments made for the control scheme.

Just like these tech demos, i still am worried that other nuances of the rts, like Okay, i select Barracks to build infantry, okay so i click, then a menu pops up on screen? I drag over to select an upgrade or unit? Will it be able to be cancelled with one button, will it be clunky at all getting in and out of these menus?

I see selecting multiple units is cool, we all imagined this...but i dont see the core of a RTS in action, sure it might be great for parts of it, but it needs to be great for all of it or it will be tacky and frustrating. I just havent seen it yet so im skepticle.

Sorcery looks interesting, and thats the kind of stuff i want to see. Show me spell changing, casting different spells, interactions with objects all while in the game world itself....i se that, i see it works. Thats the whole picture which i like to see.

But in this industry eery "preview" is positive, then they bust out a 3.7/10 in the review and we are left to say WTF? So i take previews and even hands on in very general ways. Its positive, so that means its not broken, but in this stage the benefit of th edoubt is still given by people in hands on impressions, so as long as its not broke, it will generally be positive.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
joeorc said:

Well, the positive hands on impressions have made me slightly interested, thats for sure. I guess im just skepticle because i didnt think the Wii would work, I caved after everyone i knew said it was awesome so i got one for my parents and i couldnt use it for more than a few minutes because there were always great "segements" in games but the overal feel always felt like i was sacrificing the gameplay in between these segments made for the control scheme.

Just like these tech demos, i still am worried that other nuances of the rts, like Okay, i select Barracks to build infantry, okay so i click, then a menu pops up on screen? I drag over to select an upgrade or unit? Will it be able to be cancelled with one button, will it be clunky at all getting in and out of these menus?

I see selecting multiple units is cool, we all imagined this...but i dont see the core of a RTS in action, sure it might be great for parts of it, but it needs to be great for all of it or it will be tacky and frustrating. I just havent seen it yet so im skepticle.

Sorcery looks interesting, and thats the kind of stuff i want to see. Show me spell changing, casting different spells, interactions with objects all while in the game world itself....i se that, i see it works. Thats the whole picture which i like to see.

But in this industry eery "preview" is positive, then they bust out a 3.7/10 in the review and we are left to say WTF? So i take previews and even hands on in very general ways. Its positive, so that means its not broken, but in this stage the benefit of th edoubt is still given by people in hands on impressions, so as long as its not broke, it will generally be positive.

much like anything it's subjective to each user, just because one my have it as good another may say poor, the only way is to try it out your self. but with what i have seen sofar and from the on hand's experience Tell's me like you that there is no real problem with Move that is a very good thing.

I think that the fact that there is already more than 2 RTS games that will be released for the Move is a very good indicator of how well Move may be useful in RTS type of game's.

If you think of the developer's, as an example:

just like you would be any other consumer there are many that just tryed out the Move for the first time , but unlike the consumer they decided to go forward and create and invest time and money in creating a RTS.

Remember just like Non game developer's they also had to pick up the Move controller and test out it's functionality just like we have too.

the fact that already more than 2 RTS are being Done and already ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS RTS games have been played already with the Playstation Move. bodes well for Move in my opinion RTS would be one of the most problematic test's for a motion controller because it would have to have pointer like capability, which the Move is showing to be very good at.

I AM BOLO

ps:

I've actually been surprised there haven't been (m)any RTS games for Wii yet. The controller has potential for games like this, that was clear to me from the beginning. But maybe we can now have some PS3 RTSs, though I must say I'm pleased with my PC RTSs already. But still, I'm not sure it's a bad thing PS3 gets some too.

Anyway, I don't necessarily like that paint thing. It could work, I don't know. Just a bit careful about it at this point.

Elder Scrolls on Move is my desire!

BBH said:

Elder Scrolls on Move is my desire!

That would be amazing!!!!!!!

I think this thread is a good example why (imo) it's better for a company to NOT show tech demos.