By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's Q3/Q4 Hits

So with the Wii Consoles Lineup for the rest of this year set,how do you think they will do? Do we have any system sellers here? Wii Party? Also how much do you think the Console will sell with these titles?

The Games

I see amazing strength in this line up and Wii on top again :)

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127415    Visit I seen the FlingSmash Box Art

Around the Network

Wii Party will be huge! Surprise!

I honestly believe Kirby could be a big surprise if marketed well. It's a 2D platformer with an amazing art style and really interesting gameplay, and it has co-op(I think). If it manages to become a 10m plus seller I wouldn't be surprised!

System sellers...hm...Metroid and Donkey Kong!

So, Kirby will sell 10m, and Metroid and DKCR will move consoles. Wii Party is just to obvious, FlingSmash will not be a huge seller; PokéPark will underperform.

Is Poképark coming to America?? Because I totally want it!

Wii Party looks like Mario Party with the soul taken out of it. I don't think it will sell; I made the mistake of "Wii game = sell" with Wii Music and won't again. If it was a new Mario Party fully using motion control then I'd agree it would be a mega-hit.

DKC and Kirby should sell solidly and, more importantly, push Wii momentum.

Metroid Other M will sell but won't push hardware as people who like Metroid will have already bought a Wii, and I don't think the game will appeal to the wider market because of too much story/cutscenes/making Samus 'human'.

Pokepark looks like an average-quality spinoff. Home console Pokemon games have never sold great, not like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon have on the DS.

Fling Smash can be as AAA and critically acclaimed as it wants, it isn't going to break 500k. Probably a shame.

Yeah I also think the whole charm of the Mario Party franchise is gone with Wii Party. I loved hitting Peach with a hammer :(

Around the Network

I wouldn't say this is really strong, but it had a lot of sleeper hits. I expect Donkey Kong and Wii party to be big, but I expect the others to be smaller hits. People will warm up to Kirby.

I think Nintendo's strength this holiday is in third parties, namely Goldeneye and Epic Mickey. I think those will do well.

Epic Mickey |=

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

GoldenEye |=

I think Wii Party will be epic.  Another 10-20m seller.   It is a system seller and aside from GT5 probably the only true system seller coming out this year.   Not because it's a mini-game fest, but because Nintendo understands fun and this will be a really fun game for everyone, kids, grandparents and gamers alike.

Kirby, Metroid, DKCR will all sell solidly, like previous versions in their respective series.  IE: MoM 1-2m, K:EY - 2-5m, DKCR 3-6m

Pokepark will sell mostly to children but should be good for 1-2m

FlingSmash?  Unless it's promoted heavily, will fly under everyone's radar and would be lucky to hit 500k

Conduit 2 |=