By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! (10th July 2010)

BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:

again nice sales for x360 but stil falling.

ps3 almost on top of x360 again. wil only be a matter of a couple of weeks.

how so?  The 360 S launches in Europe in next weeks figure.  For the next 3 weeks the PS3 will be outsold by the 360 both in the Americas's and Europe so how would PS3 pass the 360 in a "couple weeks"?  Is Japan going to all the sudden push massive PS3 hardware out of nowhere?

who says x360 is gonne outsel ps3 in the eu? for 3 weeks? i say..

51k ps3 60k x360

Logic says that.  The 360 is at almost 40k right now in Europe and you think that the launch of the 360S is going to only boost hardware by 20k units for 1 week? that makes no sense.  

why? the eu is not super duper OMG microsoft xbox360 is soo cool must have it!? ow noo... there is noo shortages here on x360's slim.. but their is on ps3's

Around the Network
hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:

how so?  The 360 S launches in Europe in next weeks figure.  For the next 3 weeks the PS3 will be outsold by the 360 both in the Americas's and Europe so how would PS3 pass the 360 in a "couple weeks"?  Is Japan going to all the sudden push massive PS3 hardware out of nowhere?

51k ps3 60k x360

Hope you dont make bets about it

BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:

51k ps3 60k x360

Logic says that.  The 360 is at almost 40k right now in Europe and you think that the launch of the 360S is going to only boost hardware by 20k units for 1 week? that makes no sense.  

Is it even launching in Asia? And it's already available in Australia and New Zealand.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Wii Party had a pretty big oppening in Japan. Let's see how that does.

Super Mario Galaxy 2's best 5th week was on others, surprisingly not the Americas.

I expect the 360 to go above the Wii next week.

hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:

51k ps3 60k x360

why? the eu is not super duper OMG microsoft xbox360 is soo cool must have it!? ow noo... there is noo shortages here on x360's slim.. but their is on ps3's

I'm trying to figure out if your being serious right now or just joking around.  Judging from what happened during the 360 S launch in the UK a boost of only 20k for one week just seems like a rediculous prediction.  The only way that would happen is since we will only have 1 or 2 days of Europe's launch numbers next week but I still think it'll be a boost of more than 20k.  And it certainly will be for the first FULL week of launch numbers.  

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Pretty good week all around really.

I think Crackdown 2 did very well for it's first week. It was only like 100k or so less then it's orgionals 1st week and that came with a Halo 3 beta invite. So not bad considering.

not it didn't do very well as first being a new IP did so well,this should have been better

Considering that the new slim is as expensive as the old 360 elites i think it has done pretty well. In the next 3 weeks or so i think we will find out about the new cheap arcade slim. That is going to obviously drive most of the 360's sales just as the old arcade did. The current slim launch is obviously not going to last for months.

the cheap arcade will only be announced with the Kinect pricing

The arcade will be what keeps sales ahead of PS3.

nobody knows that

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Hyruken said:

I think Crackdown 2 did very well for it's first week. It was only like 100k or so less then it's orgionals 1st week and that came with a Halo 3 beta invite. So not bad considering.

not it didn't do very well as first being a new IP did so well,this should have been better

Considering that the new slim is as expensive as the old 360 elites i think it has done pretty well. In the next 3 weeks or so i think we will find out about the new cheap arcade slim. That is going to obviously drive most of the 360's sales just as the old arcade did. The current slim launch is obviously not going to last for months.

nobody knows that

@ The bolded.

Didn't do well?  Are you serious?  As the previous poster pointed out, the first one had great sales only because Halo 3 (you know, one of the biggest games of all time) Beta invites were included.

A reasonably low profile, relatively low budget sandbox game should be quite content with a 300k opening.  Whether it has legs or not is another story.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I am extremely impressed with the Crackdown 2 sales. Even in Japan they're pretty good.

Can someone explain to me where Ninety Nine Nights 2 is? It released June 30th and yet it wasn't on those sales chart nor this one. And the game isnt even in VGC database... not tracked?

Glad Deathsmiles sold nearly 40,000 limited editions :) Only edition available, actually CANT buy game by itself.

starcraft said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Hyruken said:

nobody knows that

@ The bolded.

Didn't do well?  Are you serious?  As the previous poster pointed out, the first one had great sales only because Halo 3 (you know, one of the biggest games of all time) Beta invites were included.

yes but still how people like the first game,the sequel should have been bigger

A reasonably low profile, relatively low budget sandbox game should be quite content with a 300k opening.  Whether it has legs or not is another story.

the low buget has nothing to do with it.the brand has alot to do with