By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

sabby_e17 said:
dsister said:
sabby_e17 said:

It's already been like 35 hours and imo thats long enough. I doubt we'd get me out of the day in, say the next 13 hours.

Not even everyone has posted...

How many people haven't posted?

Hephaestos is the only one left.

"Two really, I wouldn't really count Silver's post."

Why are you suspecting me so much? I'm just not the type of person who writes endless comments about people lurking around. I comment when I think it's neccessary. Look at my post count. Every other active member would have 1000 posts already by that time already.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Screw that!

unvote

Vote: Hatmoza

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

c03n3nj0 said:

(missed a lot pf posts while typing mine)

1. I see we have 15 hours, that's not bad. We can squeeze in a bit more talking and I'll be satisfied wit day 1. 

2. I don't like Sabby's impatience. I've convinced myself that long day ones with a lot of discussion is the best thing that could be done for the town. He's rushing isn't adding much to the overall thing and it sounds like he wants to get something in the night goin'.

crazy Sabby -_-

I just don't see the remainder of Day One helping us much. I would prefer if the day ended soon but nen has set a limit of 15 more hours and I'm perfectly fine with that.

sabby_e17 said:

I just don't see the remainder of Day One helping us much. I would prefer if the day ended soon but nen has set a limit of 15 more hours and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Why end the day so soon? We are having a healthy discussion.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
sabby_e17 said:

Because the day has already been quite long and only one person hasn't posted yet (which is quite normal in most Mafia games) 

But if you are having a conversation, then take your time, I can wait. 

Around the Network
dsister said:
sabby_e17 said:

We (collectively) aren't agreeing on a target or choice of targets. No one is being forced to defend their position that hard. It's just vague insults (which I did as well with sm128). That's not productive.

I'm going to be busy tomorrow, but my position is that we should pressure the people who are talking only enough to avoid modkilling. Since I don't want to start lynching on that basis on Day One, I plan to bring it up seriously tomorrow and vote for someone in that category.

c03n3nj0 said:

By your definition of lurking, dsister, Sabby would be an active lurker too, wouldn't he?

I don't know. I'll take a look later

c03n3nj0 said:

2. I don't like Sabby's impatience.

That threw up a bit of a red flag for me as well.

@m0j0: Who besides sabby are you interested in?

Sadly I don't have much besides the obvious lurkers... :-/

So snakeeyez and mario, although, I thought that mario's quick no lynch vote isn't much too be worried about, as  he always seems to do it, pro-town or anti-town (as far as I know) It's still a bit annoying, but I don't penalize him for doing it... 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

OP updated

6 players out of 22 voted

4 votes no lynch

1 vote hatmoza

1 vote vetteman94

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

dsister said:
Final-Fan said:
Also, at the time I didn't think that reply actually addressed much, it just said you didn't know anything about that hypothetical role. 

At the time I thought my reply was going to be addressed by a description of the role, but people seemed to move past it. Would you like me to go back and address those posts now?

Oh no, this is all past tense.  I mean, we COULD talk about it but it seems kind of useless when the underlying issue (MM476's status) has been resolved.  Your behavior wasn't scummy to me, so I can just deal with whatever issues the next time they come up. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Silver-Tiger said:
sabby_e17 said:
dsister said:
sabby_e17 said:
It's already been like 35 hours and imo thats long enough. I doubt we'd get me out of the day in, say the next 13 hours.

Not even everyone has posted...

How many people haven't posted?

Hephaestos is the only one left.

"Two really, I wouldn't really count Silver's post."

Why are you suspecting me so much? I'm just not the type of person who writes endless comments about people lurking around. I comment when I think it's neccessary. Look at my post count. Every other active member would have 1000 posts already by that time already.

You don't have to post as much as me or dsister, but you do have to post more often than last game.  I was all set to bandwagon your ass the day I woke up dead.  Whether you were lurking in that game because you were mafia or because it's natural for you, doesn't matter because it will still get you lynched. 

So think of it this way:  lowering your threshold of "these thoughts are important enough to post" is necessary for your survival. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!