By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

theRepublic said:

It is common that the day ends with a no lynch, but I look at that as detrimental to the town in most cases.  On any day, I think it is suspicious to try and end the day quickly.  For Day One, that means people who move to no lynch early in the day, and that goes double if those people don't add anything else to the discussion.

That makes sense.  My thought is that if the majority of players usually move to close the first day quickly, it's hard to hold that decision as strong evidence of guilt, no?  It may be unwise, but it's also (apparently) the most common choice on these forums.

dsister said:

I can't believe this disapeared -_-

1. A vote is a very powerful tool for a townie. It can pressure people into posting and slipping up(if they are scum). Just look at MM we started voting for him and he jumped right in and posted a lot(yes, I know he wasn't playing, but that is besides the point )

If you aren't using your vote then you are wasting a powerful tool

And the cool thing about your vote is that it isn't permanent, so if you feel someone doesn't need any pressure then you can change it!

Also just because I'm asking people questions doesn't mean I think they are scum. Khuutra and Hatmoza I am leaning pro-town.

2. Really only on VGC. You check out mafiascum's forums then you will see it is almost unseen there for a first day lynch

Point one makes perfect sense, but pressuring Mario hasn't done much, and Snake just issued a general denial.  And under this rubric shouldn't you be voting for Hapheastos, since he hasn't posted at all in three days? 

As for point two, you've confused me.  Do you mean a Day One lynch is almost unheard of over there, or that it's almost unheard of to not lynch?

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

dsister, pause for one second and see how silly you are making this argument. I've answered all you question. You answered all mine with the same link while dodging the other one or two question I've asked.

I got to go class now. Next time try to concentrate more on what  it is you're accusing me of by not getting annoyed with me by mirroring my questioning back at me.

I still don't know what you're trying to get at *slow clap*

1. This wasn't an argument...

2. You never answered what you meant by "He lacks balance in keeping his arguments contained however."

3. I'm not getting at anything...

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

By your definition of lurking, dsister, Sabby would be an active lurker too, wouldn't he?

I don't disagree with dsister too much about the lurking, I mean, I suspect people more for posting a little bit then people who have posted nothing at all. Look at the last game, I rightfully suspected Nikells for lurking because he wasn't contributing, and he turned out to be mafia. (I was mafia too, but in the other faction )

But for day 1, wanting to lynch a lurker is still a but too much. Like I said before, I don't mind ending in a no lynch if the day has brought about god discussions we can possibly look back on later for information. 

Also as the game  goes on, it'll be easier to separate people into lurkers who just inactive (and we can have modkilled anyways) and those who are lurking to just lay low (who we can lynch). 

Hopefully that made sense, as I'm still a but groggy 'cause I haven't been able to stay awake for most of the day so far. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

noname2200 said:

Point one makes perfect sense, but pressuring Mario hasn't done much, and Snake just issued a general denial.  And under this rubric shouldn't you be voting for Hapheastos, since he hasn't posted at all in three days? 

I actually just checked on Hephaestos.  I don't think he has logged on since the game started.  We can't really hold that against him.  Not just yet, anyway.  If it goes on too much longer then a modkill/replacement is in order.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

noname2200 said:

As for point two, you've confused me.  Do you mean a Day One lynch is almost unheard of over there, or that it's almost unheard of to not lynch?

And my pressuring of Mako did get him to post a bit. More then likely had I not voted for him. He would have disappeared instead of posting once or two more times. Look his posts caught Soleron's attention, success!

Hephaestos hasn't logged in for two days. No since in pressuring someone that isn't here.

It is unheard of to not lynch there.

Around the Network

Vote: Vetteman

He has been online recently, but has only posted once in the game so far.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

(missed a lot pf posts while typing mine)

1. I see we have 15 hours, that's not bad. We can squeeze in a bit more talking and I'll be satisfied wit day 1. 

2. I don't like Sabby's impatience. I've convinced myself that long day ones with a lot of discussion is the best thing that could be done for the town. He's rushing isn't adding much to the overall thing and it sounds like he wants to get something in the night goin'.

crazy Sabby -_-

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theRepublic said:

I actually just checked on Hephaestos.  I don't think he has logged on since the game started.  We can't really hold that against him.  Not just yet, anyway.  If it goes on too much longer then a modkill/replacement is in order.

Good point.  Question: does he usually go several days without logging in, or is this new?  I've never noticed before. He last logged on that the game started, so it's just possible that he got the PM with his role in it.  But if it's common for him to be MIA for days at a time then I'd say it's safe to clear him.  I don't really suspect him, but despite over 300 posts I don't think we really have much else to go on right now.

15 hours? Mod kill incomings!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

sabby_e17 said:

How many people haven't posted?

Two really, I wouldn't really count Silver's post.

theRepublic said:

Vote: Vetteman

He has been online recently, but has only posted once in the game so far.

You got the idea :D:D:D:D:D

unvote

Vote:Vetteman

c03n3nj0 said:

By your definition of lurking, dsister, Sabby would be an active lurker too, wouldn't he?

I don't know. I'll take a look later

c03n3nj0 said:

2. I don't like Sabby's impatience.

That threw up a bit of a red flag for me as well.

@m0j0: Who besides sabby are you interested in?